Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

What Books are you currently reading

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Books are you currently reading

Post  angiekok on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:49 am

akivernites polities tou tsirka
angiekok
Paparizouing
Paparizouing

<b>Posts</b> 195
<b>Location</b> thessaloniki

Back to top Go down

Post  Dionisas on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:46 am

The Song of Roland (french poem).
Dionisas
Paparizouing
Paparizouing

<b>Posts</b> 154
<b>Location</b> Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Phillip on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:22 am

Finished Romeo and Juliet, this Tuesday I have to perform Capulet's Monologue No
Brian Phillip
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1368
<b>Location</b> The States

http://www.last.fm/user/HaNiDeS183

Back to top Go down

Post  Jovanna<3 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:02 pm

i read the lost symbol from Brown
Jovanna<3
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2347
<b>Location</b> Thessaloniki

Back to top Go down

Post  Jovanna<3 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Akos Kirsch wrote:I'm reading this currently.

Sword Song continues the story of Uhtred, the Saxon warrior who is a reluctant ally of Alfred the Great. This story, which occurs some five years after the events described in Lords of the North, tells how Alfred's forces evict the Danes from London. Wessex, Alfred's kingdom, has survived the great Viking assaults and now, with Uhtred as a leader, the West Saxon forces begin the campaigns of conquest that will end with a new kingdom called England.
it sounds interesting!!!
Jovanna<3
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2347

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:11 pm

jovanicious wrote:i read the lost symbol from Brown

Is it good Jovanna??? Very Happy

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:05 pm

What are you reading these days guys? i'm reading Dan Brown's new book The Lost Symbol. Awesome. Keep Paparizouing!

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  gamze on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:31 pm

I didnt have time to read books because of the exams.I have been also reading lost symbol , akos.
Has anyone read " The Girl With The Dragoon Tattoo " ??? If yes, did you like it ?
gamze
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 740
<b>Location</b> in yucelland

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 am

Microeconomics: A Contemporary Introduction

its not voluntary lol
Stephen
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 495
<b>Location</b> Mission Hill MA

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:43 pm

currently i'm reading this book: The Da Vinci Legacy by Lewis Perdue

A priceless work by Leonardo Da Vinci holds the key to a secret so devastating that the Vatican will stop at nothing to prevent the world from knowing. The secret is contained a Da Vinci Codex, a collection of his art and writings.

The hot pursuit of the secret results in the deaths of DaVinci scholars around the world, murdered by a mysterious brotherhood of ultraconservative Catholic monks who trace their bloodline to the original Vicar of Christ, St. Peter.

Enter Vance Erikson, one of the world’s leading DaVinci scholars, an unconventional man who discovers a sophisticated and never-before-detected forgery of several pages in a priceless DaVinci Codex he has discovered and acquired for the private collection of super-wealthy renegade oilman Harrison Kingsbury. Erikson presents evidence at a press conference that the forged pages are actually substitutes for the codex’s original pages, The worldwide question becomes: What is contained in the missing pages?

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:50 am

cool I'm currently reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini but I'm kind of getting bored of reading fantasy...
oh akos forgot to ask you did anythong happen with your novel??it was a novel right??
Alexandra
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1227
<b>Location</b> Malawi,C.Africa

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 am

yes it was a novel. Well I informed some publishers about this "self-publishing" thing.... you can't imagine how much money they all can steal from you this way. pff.... you can publish your own book yeah but you won't get back half of the price :S
Plus the demands they make are really unfair :S

Stupid system really.
Plus they all sell your book in their own online store but those are so small that very very few people watch those really. So this is a really unfair thing. But I won't give up. I will continue writing and one day a well known publisher might willing to publish it - if it would happen I would gladly pay for it of course cause I would know that the book is sold in a famous bookstore.

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:yes it was a novel. Well I informed some publishers about this "self-publishing" thing.... you can't imagine how much money they all can steal from you this way. pff.... you can publish your own book yeah but you won't get back half of the price :S
Plus the demands they make are really unfair :S

Stupid system really.
Plus they all sell your book in their own online store but those are so small that very very few people watch those really. So this is a really unfair thing. But I won't give up. I will continue writing and one day a well known publisher might willing to publish it - if it would happen I would gladly pay for it of course cause I would know that the book is sold in a famous bookstore.
well that's really unfair disbelief ya just keep trying and hopefully one day you'll manage. Good luck. Wink wow as much as I hate writing myself...I'm not very creative when it comes to these things
Alexandra
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1227

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 am

well it's always hard to begin it... but when you do it many times it become fun and you become better and better

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 am

oh trust me Akos I SUCK at writing. English is definitely my most difficult subject at school-I really hate it. Give me art-I can be creative in art but NOT writing...
Alexandra
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1227

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:28 am

oh well... I don't write in english but in hungarian Very Happy
I wouldn't dare to write in english cause even if I know a lot but my english is not good enough for that

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Ekiff on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:27 pm

These days I'm reading ''The Historian" by Elizabeth Costova. To read the story just click here.

gamze wrote:I didnt have time to read books because of the exams.I have been also reading lost symbol , akos.
Has anyone read " The Girl With The Dragoon Tattoo " ??? If yes, did you like it ?

I have read the book some months ago. At the start I found it a bit boring (until the journalist started the job), but when the plot got too serious it was awesome. I couldn't let it down.

I have bought the second one- the girl who played with fire and I'll start it when I finished the one that I' m reading now.
Ekiff
Paparizoued
Paparizoued

<b>Posts</b> 86
<b>Location</b> London

Back to top Go down

Post  Jovanna<3 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:
jovanicious wrote:i read the lost symbol from Brown

Is it good Jovanna??? Very Happy

after some month i see the question lol! yeah it was great...now i have start reading seakspear,love him...currently i read Amlet
Jovanna<3
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2347

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Paulo Coelho - By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Volkova on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 pm

^I love that book <3

Crime and punishment again, this time original version tho, for my uni
Volkova
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 458
<b>Location</b> Croatia

http://www.last.fm/user/anzhelochka

Back to top Go down

Post  ellinoula on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 am

The Physicists by Friedrich Dürrenmatt
ellinoula
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2030
<b>Location</b> Βιέννη

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Fri May 07, 2010 6:18 am

The Eagle's profecy by Simon Scarrow will be released here in Hungary on 18th May so I'm looking forward to it. It's the 6th book in the Eagle series.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is spring 45 AD and Centurions Macro and Cato, dismissed from the Second Legion in Britain, are trapped in Rome, waiting for their involvement in the death of a fellow officer to be investigated. It is then that the imperial secretary, the devious Narcissus, makes them an offer they can't refuse; to rescue an imperial agent who has been captured by pirates operating from the Illyrian coast. With him were scrolls vital to the safety of the Emperor and the future of Rome. However, Narcissus also sends Vitellius, an old enemy of the two centurions. The three officers set out from Ravenna with the imperial fleet but the pirates are forewarned and the Romans pay a heavy price. Outnumbered by the enemy, surrounded by rumours of treachery and endangered by Vitellius' desire to redeem himself, Centurions Macro and Cato must find the pirate base to avert a disaster that could destroy the Emperor.

But tomorrow this book will arrive finally:)

An ancient Sith ship hurtles into the future carrying a lethal cargo that could forever destroy Luke Skywalker's hopes for peace.

The Civil War is almost over when Jedi Knight Jaden Korr experiences a Force vision so intense he must act. Enlisting two salvage jocks and their ship, Jaden sets out into space. Someone -- or something -- appears to be in distress.

But what Jaden and his crew find confounds them. A five-thousand-year-old dreadnaught -- bringing with it a full force of Sith and one lone Jedi -- has inadvertently catapulted eons from the past into the present. The ship's weapons may not be cutting-edge, but its cargo, a special ore that makes those who use the dark side nearly invincible, is unsurpassed. The ancient Jedi on board is determined to destroy the Sith. But for Jaden, even more is at stake: for his vision has led him to uncover a potentially indestructible threat to everything the Jedi Order stands for.

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA on Fri May 07, 2010 6:20 am

ellinoula wrote:The Physicists by Friedrich Dürrenmatt

oh je. für die schule? herzliches beileid. das buch hab ich gehasst wie die pest.
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Siranos on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:46 pm

just finished Paulo Coelho - 'The Alchemist : A Fable About Following Your Dream' ,impressed by this book
Siranos
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 535
<b>Location</b> Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 am

Not reading it yet but I bought it today and in few days I will buy the second book (The sword of Venice)also:

he first book in an adventurous trilogy

The House of Ziani and the House of Soranzo had been enemies ever since their grandfathers' joint business venture had collapsed more than forty years before. Then, they had chosen not to resolve their differences in the courts. Instead, they each sought to prevail in their rivalry by investing, trading, and manipulating as each battled to dominate and ultimately ruin the other. The fathers passed this legacy on to their sons....

A sleek Venetian fleet plows through stormy November seas, bearing reinforcements to help defend the fabled city of Constantinople against an impending siege by Ottoman Turks. Rescue plans are jeopardized, however, when an age-old bitter conflict flares between two Venetian nobles onboard: The brave naval Captain Giovanni Soranzo thirsts for revenge against the proud marine officer, Antonio Ziani. These two men will survive the sacking of Constantinople and will find their lives bound together in a heroic struggle to save their beloved city.

The year is 1452, and while Italy glories in the Renaissance, Venice is on the verge of an epic war of survival against the powerful Turks, who are intent on conquering Venetian lands, possessing her riches, and utterly destroying the city forever. Now these two patricians, both patriots, must temper their hostility toward each other with loyalty to their beloved republic. Fighting each other when they can, fighting together when they must, Ziani and Soranzo risk their lives to defend Venice---and their honor.

Much more than a war story, this is a tale of Venice, when she was the greatest city on earth and the world'sonly republic. It is a tale, too, of her people, whose fortunes and very lives were dependent on her success. Admired, envied, hated, and feared, but with her vast wealth and vaunted navy, always respected, she is La Serenissima---the Serene Republic of Venice---and this is her story.

Thomas Quinn combines his expertise on Venice with explosive, page-turning action to give readers an epic novel of struggle and survival.

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:25 am

I just finished Coelho's The Winner Stands Alone and it rocked. Now I need new book.

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  paparizikos on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Guinness World Records 2010 : Gamer's Edition!!!!!!!

paparizikos

<b>Posts</b> 2252
<b>Location</b> Greece

http://Www.youtube.com/paparizikos

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiowave on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:04 am

today I am gonna start reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
Radiowave
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2983
<b>Location</b> Latvia, Riga

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 am

In the summer I read The Island by Victoria Hislop. It was really great!

Coming soon! It's huge!
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442
<b>Location</b> Athens,Greece

http://www.zetamakripoulia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:38 am

Deborah Crombie. But I forgot the title lol! I think it was book number 5 of the collection.
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Phillip on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:01 am

paparizikos wrote:Guinness World Records 2010 : Gamer's Edition!!!!!!!

WIN

Now that I'm done reading The Hunger Games trilogy for the eighth time, I've finally gotten the chance to start War and Peace.

Should be exciting. I'm a sucker for Russian Literature lol!
Brian Phillip
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1368

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:50 pm

wow.... that's good if you love it otherwise I think it would be a hard reading Very Happy - I heard it's not an easy book.

right now i have more than 10!! books to read :S this year I bought some, Reb sent me one also. I promised myself that I won't buy more this year but few days ago I saw two very very rare star wars books in hungarian language so I had to buy them Very Happy
Right now I'm still reading Tides of war from Steven Pressfield. It's in english . Tina helped me to get it. But I'm reading it slowly than a usual book cause it's written in a very "hard" way. I mean it's like a classic book, with words I don't even know or heard before so it's not easy Very Happy
Like it's written in an old style.

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Tori_Louise_Nicolaou on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 am

I'm re-reading all of the Harry Potter books!!! lol! Keep Paparizouing!
Tori_Louise_Nicolaou
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 595
<b>Location</b> Cyprus

http://ask.fm/VickyNicolaou

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Phillip on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:58 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:wow.... that's good if you love it otherwise I think it would be a hard reading Very Happy - I heard it's not an easy book.

right now i have more than 10!! books to read :S this year I bought some, Reb sent me one also. I promised myself that I won't buy more this year but few days ago I saw two very very rare star wars books in hungarian language so I had to buy them Very Happy
Right now I'm still reading Tides of war from Steven Pressfield. It's in english . Tina helped me to get it. But I'm reading it slowly than a usual book cause it's written in a very "hard" way. I mean it's like a classic book, with words I don't even know or heard before so it's not easy Very Happy
Like it's written in an old style.

It's not an easy book for most, but my instructor is letting me borrow a great translation (Trust me, with Nabokov, Tolstoy, or any other Russian author, you NEED a good translation lol!)

Plus, reading, writing, and English and Linguistics in general, is REALLY by thing. Actually, it's my only thing. I such at everything else lol!

Which is why I don't feel to conceded to say that I have a very advanced reading and writing level compared to most of my classmates.

But after all, I'm in the U.S. lol!
Brian Phillip
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1368

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 am

The man with a load of Mischief! Very Happy
thanks to Reb Keep Paparizouing!

So far I like it a lot Very Happy

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:06 pm

I just bought this book not long ago:

http://www.fictiondb.com/author/david-angsten~the-night-of-the-furies~237732~b.htm

It takes place in Greece and I can't wait to read it but I have to finish with another book before I pick this one:)

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Phillip on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Akos, I don't know how you read all of that kind of stuff for fun. I'm in a course where I have to read mythology and study it like the bible every night and I hate it.

Brian Phillip
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1368

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:43 pm

lol..... well reading itself is fun and when you have a good story around them you will enjoy it Very Happy

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows
Alexandra
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1227

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Phillip on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:32 am

Well I love reading, just not that kind of "Greece and the pavillion" type of thing.
Brian Phillip
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1368

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:36 am

Well..... that's okay:)

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 am

I just ordered this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Ikon-Greek-Island-Thriller/dp/9609135404

hope it will arrive very soon! smile

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:15 am

Brian Phillip wrote:Akos, I don't know how you read all of that kind of stuff for fun. I'm in a course where I have to read mythology and study it like the bible every night and I hate it.

if you have to learn something about Greek mythology and really wanna enjoy it, I recommend you a very funny writer: luciano de crescenzo
with him it's not something old but something very vivid and entertaining, but at the same time you will get to learn everything you need to know. I hope there are english translations.
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Phillip on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:19 am

Kypris Athina wrote:
Brian Phillip wrote:Akos, I don't know how you read all of that kind of stuff for fun. I'm in a course where I have to read mythology and study it like the bible every night and I hate it.

if you have to learn something about Greek mythology and really wanna enjoy it, I recommend you a very funny writer: luciano de crescenzo
with him it's not something old but something very vivid and entertaining, but at the same time you will get to learn everything you need to know. I hope there are english translations.

Sounds good. I'll look it up. Thanks! Keep Paparizouing!
Brian Phillip
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1368

Back to top Go down

Post  Ekiff on Sun May 22, 2011 11:40 pm

The pasts 2 months I'm strugling to finish the Millenium III- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest by Larsson. It's very interesting and the charecters are well developed once more. Hopefully, I will find some free time to finish it. Razz

Last edited by Ekiff on Tue May 24, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Ekiff
Paparizoued
Paparizoued

<b>Posts</b> 86
<b>Location</b> London

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangelia on Sun May 22, 2011 11:51 pm

I started reading "The Island" by Victoria Hislop...
Evangelia
Paparizouing
Paparizouing

<b>Posts</b> 191
<b>Location</b> Greece

http://www.helenapaparizouclub.gr

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Sun May 22, 2011 11:53 pm

The island is available here in Hungary too.

Right now I'm reading "Those in peril" from Wilbur Smith but I will finish with it soon and then I will read "The golden fleece" from Robert Graves.

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago on Mon May 23, 2011 12:38 am

Now I'm reading "A Fúria Divina" by José Rodrigues dos Santos (it's a portuguese book, not translated I think). The past few weeks I've read Blindness by José Saramago and Madame Bovary by Flaubert. Both were extraordinary books. cheers

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandora on Tue May 24, 2011 1:29 am

'By Midnight' by Mia James
Pandora
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 538
<b>Location</b> England

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:45 pm

"The Golden Fleece" by Robert Graves. + Star Wars Lando Carlrissian adventures trilogy + STar Wars the essential atlas
Keep Paparizouing!

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next