Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing on Ice - General Videos

+16
TheLightinoursoul
Stathis
Labros!
María_Spain
Tedy
Akos Kirsch
paparizikos
Samuel
alene
Derek
sonya
PetraV
AntoniaP
Ruben
Gagi
Panagiotis
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dancing on Ice - General Videos - Page 2 Empty Re: Dancing on Ice - General Videos

Post  Ruben Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Sorry but what happened on DOI? Which conflict?
Ruben
Ruben
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1895
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Dancing on Ice - General Videos - Page 2 Empty Re: Dancing on Ice - General Videos

Post  TheLightinoursoul Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:38 pm

As i could understand on the forum in the news section, C. Pappa told something like she had drunk a bit of vodka before the show (i guess it's not true) and Helena answered that is not the best moment to talk about alcohol on TV (cause they are children watching tv) and Pappas answered something like in nightclubs where helena sings, there are young people drinking without control. Something like that i read on the post of "News" section, someone correct me if i'm wrong ;) thx
TheLightinoursoul
TheLightinoursoul
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 520
<b>Location</b> Barcelona

http://helenapaparizouesp.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Derek wrote:
- At some points towards the end of the show Christina Pappa (one of the contestants) jokingly said that she just drank a glass of vodka backstage because Kostopoulos gave her a 3. Elena interrupted her and said that she wants to point out that it's alright if you want to have a drink but you shouldn't talk about it openly and make children who are tuned on TV think it's alright to drink alcohol and going ice skating.
C. Pappa said she is right but according to some sources during a commercial break she headed to the jury and asked Elena why she talked like that against her. She told Elena that she has raised her son on her own plus Elena she sings in nightclubs where young people are allowed (?) to consume big amounts of alcohol without no control.
Don't know if any of that is true. Just what http://www.yupi.gr/gossip/c36605/Xristina_Pappa.html reports.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 pm

what i wonder is what did she say really in those videos.
Cause if she really became angry at Elena athough she had good intentions, then - I might be mean when I say this - but I hope she will be the one who will say "goodbye" to the show next time big grin lol!
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:30 am

Here's their dialogue translated:

- Christina: I'm shaking a bit. I just drank a (glass of) vodka since I was just given a 3 by Mr. Kostopoulos and Mr. Kostalas (laughing). I have gotten...
- Elena: Can I say something? I want to point out something. If you want a drink, have it but don't say it out loud...
- Christina: (interrupting) You are right, alright.
- Elena: ...so that kids who are tuned in won't believe it's so easy to have a drink and then wear their figure skates (to go ice-skating).
- Christina: You are totally right.
- Elena: I'm sorry to say this.
- Jenny Balatsinou: Elena is politically correct.
- Christina: I have become a bad role model now. I better go home.
- Elena: No. Look this (show) is also meant to be entertaining but just not this particularly...to the kids.
- Christina: I always tell the kids because I'm a mother above all Elena so...
- Elena: I know you are a mother but (I say this) just because it's a family show.
- Christina: It is a family show and all the shows are family shows but anyway it was just a sip...

On the backstage video Christina Pappa was very upset. She said that she is a 42 year old woman and a mother to a 27 year old man and she knows about kids. She said her comment was only a joke and it was said after midnight (@ 00.15) and that thoughtful parents put their children to sleep @ 22.30. Furthermore she said it was a very silly thing to be said and unfair. She was saddened by Elena's comment and said it was only a bad moment and Elena even asked her if she wants her to apologize on air but she doesn't want that (they probably discussed about it backstage). Furthermore she said that @ bouzoukia nightclubs young people are not offered tea but alcohol (though I wonder if she knows that only adults are allowed alcohol drinks in those nightclubs even if that law is not always honored by nightclub owners).

As for the channel reports the day after, on Proini Meleti most panel members agreed with Elena's notice and they pointed out Elena is very sensitive with kids plus she may have experience with alcoholics in her environment that's why she probably made that remark but they also mentioned Christina is a good mother and didn't have any bad intentions, etc, etc..
However on Made in Star most of them were supportive of Christina Pappa's reaction and they found it justifiable plus they said she has a son whereas Elena doesn't and they thought Elena overreacted.
Christina Pappa went on air and thanked the panel members for taking this stance on the topic because sometimes people are influenced by the fact that a big star has said something(she said Elena is a real star) so they might take his/her side even if it's not always right towards the other side. The panel members said they are sure Elena didn't have bad intentions with her remark either (Christina agreed) and the discussion went on reproducing the same comments she made the night before (just in a more peaceful way) but at the end she said if Elena had said it to her in a more polite way she would have apologized about her vodka drink comment. They all agreed it's a case closed by now.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:36 am

if it's solved then it's good.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:50 am

Elena was a bit hard with her, isn't? I mean, if it was said after midnight I can't see the problem with children protected timetable. So I guess Elena was just sensitive. I can't understand what our Elena said in that video but she really seems angry. But I'm sure she point that with her best intention.
Ruben
Ruben
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1895
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:00 am

I don't think she was hard. Just said what she thought. She had good intentions Ruben.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 am

Ruben wrote:Elena was a bit hard with her, isn't? I mean, if it was said after midnight I can't see the problem with children protected timetable. So I guess Elena was just sensitive. I can't understand what our Elena said in that video but she really seems angry. But I'm sure she point that with her best intention.

I'm sure she had good intentions, we all know she is a wonderful person. She wasn't really angry but she looked very determined. Like she really had to say it.
The truth is some kids watch TV even after midnight (like Eleonora Meleti said too) and Christina Pappa's comment about the vodka drink was totally needless and unnecessary because such comments can influence kids. Anyway it's solved now.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Tedy Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:38 am

Helena's remark is correct, but having in mind hours (after 24:00) .... could pass without this note.

Thanks Derek for translation Keep Paparizouing!
Tedy
Tedy
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2847
<b>Location</b> Sofia, Bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:14 pm

She really liked her Pyli Axiou dresses. Regarding her laiko programme dress she said it fits Elena perfectly because she is a woman with curves and she needs to support them!
About her DOI looks she says she reminds her of Dita Von Teese because she strikes her as the perfect female. A mediterranean woman, with curves, very feminine, without any hang-ups and she thinks she transmits this to both women and men.
She thinks Elena is juicy and her weight is attractive and a woman is beautiful and gorgeous as long as she feels good about her weight.

She says nothing new. She just explains herself once again and blah blah...
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  alene Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks for the explanation of the videos. Keep Paparizouing!
I agree (well, I agree in general, lol but this specially) when she says she's
A mediterranean woman, with curves, very feminine, without any hang-ups and she thinks she transmits this to both women and men.
alene
alene

<b>Posts</b> 4340
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  paparizikos Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 am

5th LIVE

paparizikos
paparizikos

<b>Posts</b> 2252
<b>Location</b> Greece

https://www.youtube.com/paparizikos

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:03 am

Last night after the end of DOI live show which resulted to Pamela's elimination, some of her relatives/fans/friends reacted severely because they were highly disappointed by the result and reportedly started shouting against and accusing the jury members as they thought the result was fixed. At that point Elena said it's a shame that such things are being said and that's when Pamela's aunt reacted and called Elena a "sell-out". Pinelopi Anastasopoulou's (one of the contestants) parents came in the way and supported Elena whereas Elena herself became really upset and according to some reports she started shouting "you haven't seen me being angry", though according to another source she was very upset but responded to them politely.
Once it all ended Elena reportedly left the studio very upset whereas Pamela's relatives who headed to the exit where "chased" by the reporters and were asked what happened, what their feelings are, why they were against Elena, etc..
They were much calmer then and said they have nothing against Elena personally and called the show a "sell out", not her personally. They thought the show as an entity is fixed and they have nothing against someone specifically. They added it was unfair for their daughter to leave the show so early as she was the clearly the best of all the contestants and just complained about the whole production and lack of meritocracy.

When Pamela was asked about all that happened after the end of the show, she said she doesn't like all the swearing and the shouting she heard as she's a low-profile person ad she pointed out it wasn't her parents who reacted so severely but some other people and she only felt disappointed by the jury's decision yet she's proud of her performance and for her presence in the show.

You can imagine how many reports about this incident came the day after. It was big news. Some of the other contestants confirmed the incident and that Elena was very offended and upset by the allegations against her and the jury.

Videos from the incident:

Pamela's parents and aunt(?) talking:

Pamela talking:

Details about the incident: http://www.zappit.gr/default.php?pname=Article&cat_id=8&art_id=10612

TV reports the day after:

Same report, different length and lower quality:

Last edited by Derek on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:06 am

frustrated frustrated frustrated I so hate this!!
dislike dislike dislike Poor Elena.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:11 am

For some reason ever since she got involved with TV, she's always "part" of such conficts though she obviously doesn't want it. I wonder if this show will do her any good. First it was the incident with Christoforou, then with Pappa, then last night Dantis's comments possibly directed to her and the the incident with Pamela's relatives/friends. When will it all end? frustrated
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 am

Yeah.... I just hope she is calm now and don't care about this stupid thing anymore!
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Stathis Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:50 am

That's why i didn't want her from the beggining to participate in this kind of shows or anything related to TV
Stathis
Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2138
<b>Location</b> Athens, Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:04 am

Stathis wrote:That's why i didn't want her from the beggining to participate in this kind of shows or anything related to TV

Sooner or later it will make it to the top-10. Especially once the radios start to play it. Wink
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  alene Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:06 pm

omg, there's so much drama in this show since it started...

Thanks Derek for all the videos and infos Wink Keep Paparizouing!
alene
alene

<b>Posts</b> 4340
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLightinoursoul Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:59 pm

I hope that this season of DOI will end soon and Helena will back to the music scene, TV programs are surrounded by problems and arguments between famous people and that's bad for her...
TheLightinoursoul
TheLightinoursoul
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 520

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Indeed. At first I thought this will be different and enjoyed it a lot but since some people always have issues about her and insult her it changed. The 4th show is still on my computer but I didn't watch it yet for example. These bad things always comes in my mind and makes me a bit angry. lol! Plus why the hell they have to find her as a target all the time? Why not the others from the jury or the fans who vote for their fav. artists etc. Why always Elena is the one to be messed with? No
I hope she won't be in the next season at all and if she goes in tv it will be only interviews and invitations as a guest to other shows.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 pm

TheLightinoursoul wrote:I hope that this season of DOI will end soon and Helena will back to the music scene, TV programs are surrounded by problems and arguments between famous people and that's bad for her...

It is sad that they must do that. Why do they need to talk like that, in public?
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:06 pm

If we are honest Pamela (the singer who was eliminated) handled it very well. It's her relatives/friends who overreacted. But it's true all this overexposure gets Elena in the middle of many "conflicts". I hope there won't be more of these because Elena has been known for being a perfect example of a pop artist who isn't attracting negative public attention so she better not be associated with such TV feuds. Keep Paparizouing!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 pm

In Pamela's place I would make a statement in public and force those people to apologise for what they said about Elena.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Akos Kirsch wrote:In Pamela's place I would make a statement in public and force those people to apologise for what they said about Elena.

Akos I think you are too harsh. First of all the incident happened backstage after the end of the show so TV viewers have only heard or read reports about it. It's not like we heard public allegations against Elena. Plus let me add that it was quite unfair that Pamela left the show (she was truly the best ice skater even if she had past experience), so she and her relatives/friends are naturally disappointed and sad (though that doesn't justify their actions and behavior).
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:36 pm

that's right. It doesn't justify it. look... it's a show. A game. People voted and they picked her and Shaya to stay face to face in the end. And the jury made a decision. That's it. No need for such things. Especially against Elena. I'm not too harsh but I find this also unfair.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Akos Kirsch wrote:that's right. It doesn't justify it. look... it's a show. A game. People voted and they picked her and Shaya to stay face to face in the end. And the jury made a decision. That's it. No need for such things. Especially against Elena. I'm not too harsh but I find this also unfair.

I agree! Keep Paparizouing!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLightinoursoul Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Hey... What do you think about that?? O.O, Will she preform?? I guess cause they made this advert only talking about Helena...

TheLightinoursoul
TheLightinoursoul
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 520

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 am

Ruben wrote:Elena was a bit hard with her, isn't? I mean, if it was said after midnight I can't see the problem with children protected timetable. So I guess Elena was just sensitive. I can't understand what our Elena said in that video but she really seems angry. But I'm sure she point that with her best intention.

Derek wrote:For some reason ever since she got involved with TV, she's always "part" of such conficts though she obviously doesn't want it. I wonder if this show will do her any good. First it was the incident with Christoforou, then with Pappa, then last night Dantis's comments possibly directed to her and the the incident with Pamela's relatives/friends. When will it all end? frustrated

well the papa/dantis thing was her own fault. she could really have said the same thing in a friendly way - especially as...

1. ...she admitted in the public to have done a breast augmentation - is this a better role model for young girls? ("if you weanna have a drink then get it secretly...")
2. ... she exposed her breasts in the 2nd show for DOI in a way which was already beyond the border of modesty ("it's a family show, imagine all the kids watching" - she wore that dress before midnight). the dress was close to a shooting dress for playboy and you wouldn't sell such magazine to a kid. and you don't want your daughter to wear something like this.

to be honest, she was not the person to have the right to say something like this. at first I preferred not to comment on it, but now as everyone starts worrying about the show doing harm to her,...

The HUGE difference between Helena's thinking and acting is really getting on my nerves.

added: she also claims being a role model to support normal/overweighted woman. but then she allows that the magazines edit her photos close to someone anorexic, without making her boobs smaller. The message of this pictures is: if necessary, have a diet to be thin, but to make your boobs still big by operation so you could cover a porn magazine.

I know akos and derek will be on the ceiling when reading this, but think about it before replying. I'm not saying this is what Helena thinks and believes is right, but as I said before: there is a huge difference between her thinking and acting.

Last edited by Kypris Athina on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:24 am

Kypris Athina wrote:

Derek wrote:For some reason ever since she got involved with TV, she's always "part" of such conficts though she obviously doesn't want it. I wonder if this show will do her any good. First it was the incident with Christoforou, then with Pappa, then last night Dantis's comments possibly directed to her and the the incident with Pamela's relatives/friends. When will it all end? frustrated

well the papa/dantis thing was her own fault. she could really have said the same thing in a friendly way - especially as...

1. ...she admitted in the public to have done a breast augmentation - is this a better role model for young girls? ("if you weanna have a drink then get it secretly...")
2. ... she exposed her breasts in the 2nd show for DOI in a way which was already beyond the border of modesty ("it's a family show, imagine all the kids watching" - she wore that dress before midnight). the dress was close to a shooting dress for playboy and you wouldn't sell such magazine to a kid. and you don't want your daughter to wear something like this.

to be honest, she was not the person to have the right to say something like this. at first I preferred not to comment on it, but now as everyone starts worrying about the show doing harm to her,...

The HUGE difference between Helena's thinking and acting is really getting on my nerves.

Yes, I thinks she could have taken it private and not when they was live..
And about her breasts, you might be correct. I haven't thinked that way before.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:25 am

Reb...I don't think she wanted to insult anyone sorry.
Maybe she didn't express herself as she wanted to. Guess she realised this perhaps and that's why she apologised (if that isn't a HUGE GOOD POINT FROM HER than nothing!).

And yes I'm also worried that the show doing a bit harm to her. No need from people to take the show so seriously. It's a game! No need to make her upset and call her racist for example and other things.

About her dress in the second show.... yes it was provocative but also hot and might not the best choice but even people shouldn't only care about that! More about the show itself.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:29 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:Reb...I don't think she wanted to insult anyone sorry.
Maybe she didn't express herself as she wanted to. Guess she realised this perhaps and that's why she apologised (if that isn't a HUGE GOOD POINT FROM HER than nothing!).

yes, she apologized but it's a general problem about her - she says in any magazine interview what she thinks is right or wrong and then she does anything completely contradicting to that, or at least not following to her own principle she believes to act to accordingly. that attitude is really getting on my nerves.

even though her apology I am still shocked by how she reacted to Pappa. I still had a good opinion about her, but this reaction really shocked my opinion about her within the deepest foundations and brings up some critical points which I had about her already for a long time.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:34 am

Well this is how I see it: She is an emotional person I think. Just said what she thought in that moment.
I understand that it could seem unusual to you in that moment and that you were shocked. Fine.... but the thing that she realised it and in public! she apologised shows that it was just a bad moment. EVeryone have bad moments. It shouldn't be so shocking after this now I think. I mean she hit a hole in the wall with that reaction but now she also restored the wall to its original shape. So no problem in my opinion. lol!
Don't take it so seriously. smile
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:35 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:
About her dress in the second show.... yes it was provocative but also hot and might not the best choice but even people shouldn't only care about that! More about the show itself.

... and Helena better cares about the show itself then about a comment by Pappa. If she hadn't done a breast augmentation and hadn't worn that dress (ok, without operation she could have worn it) I had said ok, it wasn't polite how she said it, but she really cares about being a role model so ok. but this way: NO!

btw one thing not mentioned before - she also claims being a role model to support normal/overweighted woman. but then she allows that the magazines edit her photos close to someone anorexic, without making her boobs smaller. The message of this pictures is: if necessary, have a diet to be thin, but to make your boobs still big by operation so you could cover a porn magazine.

I know akos and derek will be on the ceiling when reading this, but think about it before replying. I'm not saying this is what Helena thinks and believes is right, but as I said before: there is a huge difference between her thinking and acting.

Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:42 am

Kypris Athina wrote:
Akos Kirsch wrote:

... and Helena better cares about the show itself then about a comment by Pappa. If she hadn't done a breast augmentation and hadn't worn that dress (ok, without operation she could have worn it) I had said ok, it wasn't polite how she said it, but she really cares about being a role model so ok. but this way: NO!

btw one thing not mentioned before - she also claims being a role model to support normal/overweighted woman. but then she allows that the magazines edit her photos close to someone anorexic, without making her boobs smaller. The message of this pictures is: if necessary, have a diet to be thin, but to make your boobs still big by operation so you could cover a porn magazine.

OK I know how edgy you are about her boobs. lol!
I don't see btw why she couldn't support her opinion about weight even if her pics are edited. All over the world magazines always and all the time edit their photos. Stylists (lots of them) edit their photos. The model can decide which photos should become public or not but she not always able to decide about everything as far as I know (this matter was talked in tv here in Hungary too few years ago). EVeryone and literally everyone knows that photos in mags are edited. It doesn't change anything obviously because everyone knows it. If someone follows that rule and start thinking to be anorexic is the normal then it's not the model's fault I think. And if you think about it it's good that she keeps supporting the normal look of women even if her pics are edited. CAuse she can show that what is her opinion and what she think is right (even if the pics edited).
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:48 am

Ah... ok I kinda messed it up. lol!
sorry. I'm not arguing btw.... just telling my opinion. (Why do always everyone thinks I'm arguing all the time? :S )
I just wanted to say that in her opinon at least she can show what is reality. And what is normal. Not what the current "fashion" if I can use that word keeps telling to people.
That's all. And again I'm really not arguing!
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:51 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:

OK I know how edgy you are about her boobs. lol!
I don't see btw why she couldn't support her opinion about weight even if her pics are edited. All over the world magazines always and all the time edit their photos. Stylists (lots of them) edit their photos. The model can decide which photos should become public or not but she not always able to decide about everything as far as I know real support would be to make clear before the shooting in a contract: "I stand to my body - i don't want you to make me look thinner in the end. either you accept this or you won't shoot me." real support means fighting, means being risky - you can only call yourself a fighter if you take a risk - which would be in this case that the magazine says: ok then we don't shoot you.(this matter was talked in tv here in Hungary too few years ago). EVeryone and literally everyone knows that photos in mags are edited. It doesn't change anything obviously because everyone knows it. If someone follows that rule and start thinking to be anorexic is the normal then it's not the model's fault I think. compare her comment towards Pappa. And if you think about it it's good that she keeps supporting the normal look of women even if her pics are edited. CAuse she can show that what is her opinion and what she think is right (even if the pics edited).

Akos I won't reply to your post because it is not able to take out any power of my arguments. as often you defend her without thinking if it makes sense what you say. discussing with you is like repeating what you already said 3 times before just in a different formulation, because your point cannot really accuse it.

I will simply mark some points in your post and then you can think about it. I wrote some help behind.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:55 am

Ok I see I can't convince you to see it from another point.
Anyway.... believe it or not I get what you said Reb.
At least we shared our opinion. Simple.
That's what a forum is about.
Keep Paparizouing!
p.s.: I didn't want to piss you up or anything.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:12 am

My opinion/answers in red.

Kypris Athina wrote:

well the papa/dantis thing was her own fault.

Reb, how is this her fault when a) C. Dantis has since said that his tweet was not directed to Elena? b) Even if that was the case how dare he call one person whom he owes so much to and vice versa, an extreme idiot? He benefited from Elena's victory in Eurovision, he probably made so much money by the sales of Anapandites Klisis CD single, Protereotita, Protereotita: Euro Edition and My Number One (the album), he gained so much publicity, etc.. Would he have sold the same amount of copies or have won Eurovision if he was the singer of those 2 songs? He couldn't even win the Greek national final no matter how many times he competed as a singer or songwriter (except for the song he wrote for Elena)...

she could really have said the same thing in a friendly way - especially as...

The question is HOW she admitted it and in what way. I don't know if the full interview (Pink Woman 2009) has been translated but if I am not mistaken the quote specifically has been translated and from what I recall she had said that she had visited a number of doctors for many years to make sure that's what she wanted (obviously proves that she had been thinking about it for a long time so the lack of bigger size was having a negative effect on her mood, personal life or whatever) and she didn't just do it at once but instead waited until she was sure that's exactly what she wanted. Does this strike you as a person that acted completely spontaneously without thinking about it twice or more times?
Perhaps if you saw it the other way around, that she gives the following message to younger girls: "whatever you wish to do, think about it, make sure if that's what you really want, and then go for it", maybe you would think she actually IS being a good role model Reb. Wink

We've overdiscussed this and my conclusion is that in the end of the day some will find it beautiful, that it suits her and her age as well as her "pop star" status whereas others will find it over the top, very provocative, etc, etc...
The question however is: I don't know how none of you ever feel offended if Kylie, Beyonce, J-Lo, Rihanna, Britney or x and y wear "clearly" provocative dresses on similar family shows and co yet you feel so offended if it's Elena that does it? And btw Elena's dress was not even 20% as daring as all those costumes/outfits worn by Hollywood or non-Hollywood stars. We've all seen them and you know what I'm taking about.
I don't know if Playboy has much different covers around the world but from my experience the kind of clothing women wear on these magazines is very cheap and far from that worn by Elena.
I wonder if she actually wasn't seating there hiding half of the dress would you actually think the dress is that provocative?
Does the dress still look as provocative here?
https://paparizou.forumotion.net/t3502-dancing-on-ice-2nd-live-show-backstage#135149
https://paparizou.forumotion.net/t3502-dancing-on-ice-2nd-live-show-backstage#134307

to be honest, she was not the person to have the right to say something like this.

Yeah I guess a woman that doesn't appear on cover of weekly magazines every week showcasing everything from new wardrobe to new boyfriend, that doesn't have any public fights-conflicts with other celebrities and never shows bad feelings for anyone, the woman that was in a relationship with a man for 12 years when in showbiz standards that's half a century, the woman that often helps children and people in need with various events and activities, etc, etc... (I guess the list of positive role model traits is much bigger than this) must be a VERY BAD role model and doesn't have the right to say her opinion about something that she felt was simply wrong to be said on a family show.
Sorry Reb, but I couldn't disagree more!

added: she also claims being a role model to support normal/overweighted woman. but then she allows that the magazines edit her photos close to someone anorexic, without making her boobs smaller. The message of this pictures is: if necessary, have a diet to be thin, but to make your boobs still big by operation so you could cover a porn magazine.

First of all I don't think she's ever claimed to be a role model for anyone (therefore not normal/overweighted women either), as far as I remember she feels a little uncomfortable being called one as she thinks even celebrities are human beings and make mistakes, etc.
Besides I don't think she's the only one that has her pictures airbrushed for magazines. I don't particularly like it, especially when it's done in an unprofessional way (on NITRO it was done very professionally I must admit) but this is obviously how show business works and every big star undergoes airbrushing. If you remember what she had said on "Vrady with Petros Kostopoulos", that she had to do a photoshoot for one of his magazines but was some kg overweight, so Kostopoulos had pointed out to her "we can fix this (referring to her body), but with this part (her face) we can't do much about it". In other words if she wants to be in those magazines for promotion or whatever she either needs to have the perfect standards (dimensions) that magazine owners want their cover girls to have, or else be airbrushed. We all demand a new NITRO photoshoot all the time and once it's here we complain about some airbrushed parts when we actually know that without any airbrushing she wouldn't be on this magazine (or any of the Greek magazines with very few exceptions) at all.

As long as it's done professionally and she doesn't look more than 5-7 kg less than she actually is, I have no problem with it. If she indeed looked like an anorexic woman like you say Reb, I wouldn't enjoy looking at those pictures at all. Keep Paparizouing!

Btw about her reaction to C. Pappa's comment, I don't understand why you think it was said in such unfriendly way. Maybe it was a bit raw but you can obviously tell that she reacted immediately after Pappa's comment because she really didn't want to let children/teenagers think this comment should be embraced by them and think it's OK to drink alcohol and go ice skating (or any other sport or activity). Nevertheless she apologized for the way she expressed her concern and for offending Christina the week after but she obviously stands up for her opinion so that's one more reason to admire her.

I don't know if I should feel offended or not by that highlighted sentence Reb, because it strikes me as a bit degrading. Maybe if you further explain it, it won't and will obviously be a misunderstanding but sometimes I can't help getting this feeling that some members on the forum think that whoever is supportive of some of the things that Elena does and they are not, is being extremely one-sided and close minded and always supports her because he/she is blinded by her beauty/talent/etc.
I think we have had several discussions about this in the past and I've proven to you multiple times how I am not being close minded or always supportive yet it still feels like you have the same opinion. However I can't justify it because you are an active member and you must have seen all the criticism directed to Elena that has been posted by me over the years (even more lately about some decisions she has taken which I'm totally against). So if you still have that opinion about me, I'm honestly saddened but there's not much I can do to change it.

Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:58 am

well we will never have similar opinions about this specific point - that's why I said akos and derek will be on the ceiling. regarding this subject we differ, and I am tired to discuss it with you. I posted my opinion because I was angry about her and still am in many points and because I wanted to make some people understand why I think so critical about helena often in the last time. and I think that some people actually understand it better now.

I'm not saying she's a bad person. But I am indeed disappointed about how some things have changed over the years. and your defense of her was not able to change my mind about this subject, sorry. I think we are at a point in this subject when arguments don't work anymore because of a lack of information about her and her possibilities - we can only speculate but still at the end you have a 50-50% chance to be on the right side. and what's the right side, this opinion is not the same for us.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:26 am

Yeah obviously. lol!

Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:41 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:Yeah obviously. lol!

lol you better be quiet big grin
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:45 am

date floating hungry kiss
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:48 am

Reb personally I'm not against hearing a "different" or more critical opinion about Elena and in fact I often do it myself or ask for it because it can be constructive and that way we can make understood to all directions that we want to have a better Elena and her making use of 100% of her true talent!
https://paparizou.forumotion.net/t3525-contact-elena-or-her-team-and-write-your-suggestions-complaints-about-the-current-state-of-her-career-bouzoukia-similar-setlists-in-all-events-no-international-promo-etc

I am also tired of how some things have turned out to be and I have been quite angry on her a number of times over the past few months. To be honest back in 2008 I didn't expect her career to be so static and I was actually expecting that in the following years she would be famous -if not all all over Europe- at least in her 2nd home country Sweden and maybe some other Scandinavian or Balkan countries and look where she is now. In Greece again, with the same formula (bouzoukia, new album, a tour every 2nd summer, etc...)
In other words I'm literally against many things and unless I have a good reason to "defend her", I don't it because I feel let down myself. However the fact that we are let down in some ways doesn't mean that:
a) because one or more things are wrong (e.g.no promotion abroad, mediocre shows on bouzoukia, less stage performance as years go by, etc..) we should start being against everything she is or does cause then we are simply being mean and it proves we don't love Elena as a person besides Paparizou as an artist, imo that way we only see her as a machine that produces good songs and good stage performance,

b) we should start ignoring or spending 1-2 lines pointing out what's still good about her whereas writing whole essays about how her boobs are supposedly provoking people and how she's being a bad role model because we saw 2 cm more of the flesh on her cleavage than we usually do, or how she has contradicted herself once or twice.

Sorry but it's kind of crazy and it diminishes a lot the level of the discussions on this forum. The other day I posted a translation of the interpretation of the BIO video by a youtube user here: https://paparizou.forumotion.net/t2685p585-baby-it-s-over-music-video-comments-and-reviews#135455 and there was no response by any member here whatsoever which got me shocked because it wasn't long ago when we had spent so many pages discussing whether her cleavage was really that daring or not after the 2nd live show on DOI and I couldn't believe how it's more interesting for members to gossip about these things, than discuss on the storyline of her latest video. Shouldn't there be more interest when it's something relating to her songs/videos? Lately I've been noticing that a vast majority of all the discussions on the forum surround her looks, her image, how airbrushed pics are, what outfit she wears, and other relatively shallow things when it should mostly be about her songs, her videos, her albums, her singing and her performances as she is as a singer/artist. This bugs me a lot I must admit!
Rant ends here. big grin

Back on topic, fine Reb you are free to think we will never have similar opinions on this topic and that it's very tiring to discuss this with me but I still think that my arguments last night proved that your point of view (on those subjects that were raised) is wrong in many ways (maybe not all - I never said my opinion is 100% true and should be embraced by everyone) and you can still reconsider/rethink it. That's up to you in the end of the day. Wink
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:21 am

Derek wrote:... but I still think that my arguments last night proved that your point of view (on those subjects that were raised) is wrong in many ways (maybe not all - I never said my opinion is 100% true and should be embraced by everyone)...

no. I don't agree. And when I am complaining about such things then I do it in the hope she gets to know it somehow and changes them. because I think all these mistakes will do harm to her one day and I don't want that. I critisize cause I care.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  paparizikos Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:54 am

paparizikos
paparizikos

<b>Posts</b> 2252
<b>Location</b> Greece

https://www.youtube.com/paparizikos

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:18 am

paparizikos wrote:

Thanks a lot George!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:45 am

A newspaper critic, criticized Elena for her poor language skills (in Greek) on Dancing on Ice and Star channel contacted 2 other critics who praised Elena!! big grin
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  alene Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:50 am

lol!

By the way, I've also been aware that she's been criticised for that over the years and now again, but is her Greek as poor as they say?
alene
alene

<b>Posts</b> 4340
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next