Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version)

+8
Linen
AlexPz
Miranda
Derek
Kostas
Akos Kirsch
Samuel
Chris
12 posters

Go down

Which do u prefer? + why

Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version) Bar_left26%Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version) Bar_right 26% 
[ 5 ]
Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version) Bar_left74%Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version) Bar_right 74% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 19

Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version) Empty Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version)

Post  Chris Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:21 am

(2day i chatted with a guy from California who is a radio producer as long as. We were talking about music and the discussion comes to Eurovision 2012. When he told me that he want to win Sweden this year, i sent to him Helena;s MF appearance .....When he saw the vid he sent me that he knows Helena as she is the only Greek singer he knows well her songs. To be short, his favourite song is "Heart Of Mine" and he stated that will play the song on his radio station in USA .and i was like ... affraid cause this is was not a success in Greece neither in world....also had it radio play?? I Think, No. so i was surprised cause this song is known by fans mainly),

So it came the idea up to vote which is best version.Also leave your comment about this lovely pop song!
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version) Empty Re: Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version)

Post  Samuel Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 am

I voted English version.

I probably prefer all her English versions because I do not understand greek.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version) Empty Re: Heart Of Mine (Greek or English version)

Post  Akos Kirsch Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 am

One of my favorite songs of her. Too bad it's a bit underrated.
I think the english version is much better. The lyrics totally fit the music and it has a very positive athmosphere.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostas Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 am

Kostas wrote:To be honest isn't one of my favorite songs of her(even if i used to listen to it a lot in the era 2006-2007),but i would prefer the English version because i think that the Greek lyrics didn't suit so much on the music.
Kostas
Kostas
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 570
<b>Location</b> Athens

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:19 am

I slightly prefer "Heart of mine" but I like "Me Theloun Ki Alli" as well.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Tue May 01, 2012 12:09 am

The Greek, hands down. I like the english, but not so fond of the lyrics of the chorus. The verses are ok, but it falls down on the chorus. The greek lyrics feel more thought through than the english. It doesn't matter which one they wrote first, I still prefer the greek, and I always will.

When I voted I actually thought the greek version would have more, I was really shocked when I saw that english was the clear leader. For me it is the opposite.
Miranda
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2277
<b>Location</b> Planet Jedward

http://mirandamik.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexPz Wed May 02, 2012 1:04 am

Εnglish version!
AlexPz
AlexPz
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 543
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Linen Tue May 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Miranda wrote:The Greek, hands down. I like the english, but not so fond of the lyrics of the chorus. The verses are ok, but it falls down on the chorus. The greek lyrics feel more thought through than the english. It doesn't matter which one they wrote first, I still prefer the greek, and I always will.

When I voted I actually thought the greek version would have more, I was really shocked when I saw that english was the clear leader. For me it is the opposite.

+1 Keep Paparizouing!

For about 2 or 3 years ago "Me theloun ki alloi" was one my fav Elena songs!
Linen
Linen
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2103
<b>Location</b> Narnia

http://www.twitter.com/IviSweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon May 14, 2012 4:40 pm

I voted for English version cause its more catchy and english words have more power than Greek!But Helena could perfom it live during 2007 season it was a good song! but maybe the label and herself didnt show interest...at all
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Moldienut Sun May 20, 2012 5:43 am

For some reason I prefer the Greek versions of her English songs overall, her English songs have really crap lyrics often. But with this one I prefer the Greek version.
Moldienut
Moldienut
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1195
<b>Location</b> London, UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Antique Sun May 20, 2012 1:15 pm

there are some reasons for I prefer the English version-Firstly it was the original one,it's in English(I don't understand Greek),and finally there is such an expression as Helena tries to fit the lyrics with the music and she sings it quickly and it isn't similar to her other songs which I could say she sings from her soul!!! lol! lol!
Antique
Antique
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1310
<b>Location</b> Armenia

https://www.facebook.com/tigran.alexanyan.35

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sun May 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Moldienut wrote:For some reason I prefer the Greek versions of her English songs overall, her English songs have really crap lyrics often. But with this one I prefer the Greek version.

Maybe the song meaning get lost in the translation, but for me that doesn't understand Greek I like her English versions and I do not find the lyrics like crap. If I would understand Greek I do not think either I would find the English lyrics like crap, but maybe not as good as the Greek versions. But I do not know, I might have prefered the English still.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Moldienut Sun May 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Even though I don't understand very much Greek as in song lyrics, I've noticed that she is more confident in her singing there than that of her English songs. But with her English only a small handful I actually like and I mean quality lyrics mainly rather than her singing generally.
Moldienut
Moldienut
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1195
<b>Location</b> London, UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Sun May 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Moldienut wrote:For some reason I prefer the Greek versions of her English songs overall, her English songs have really crap lyrics often. But with this one I prefer the Greek version.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Keep Paparizouing!
Miranda
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2277
<b>Location</b> Planet Jedward

http://mirandamik.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenaki23 Wed May 23, 2012 8:43 am

I prefer English, as was said before, it's really catchy! Keep Paparizouing!
Elenaki23
Elenaki23
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 604
<b>Location</b> Russia

Back to top Go down

Post  Volkova Tue May 29, 2012 2:27 am

same here smile
Volkova
Volkova
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 458
<b>Location</b> Croatia

http://www.last.fm/user/anzhelochka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down