Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The light in our soul (Greek or English version)

+5
Derek
Miranda
Chris
Gagi
Samuel
9 posters

Go down

Which song do you prefer, and why?

The light in our soul (Greek or English version) Bar_left33%The light in our soul (Greek or English version) Bar_right 33% 
[ 6 ]
The light in our soul (Greek or English version) Bar_left67%The light in our soul (Greek or English version) Bar_right 67% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 18

The light in our soul (Greek or English version) Empty The light in our soul (Greek or English version)

Post  Samuel Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Earlier "Paparizikas!" did a subject about Heart of mine, about what version you all likes the best. And it was a while ago so I though maybe I can start another thread about the same subject, but another song.

So, do you prefer the Greek or English version of "the light in our soul"?
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

The light in our soul (Greek or English version) Empty Re: The light in our soul (Greek or English version)

Post  Gagi Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm

English Very Happy
Gagi
Gagi
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 934
<b>Location</b> Serb Republic

Back to top Go down

The light in our soul (Greek or English version) Empty Re: The light in our soul (Greek or English version)

Post  Samuel Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Gagi wrote:English Very Happy

Any particular reason? Very Happy
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Gagi Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:40 pm

first i understand it second her voice sounds to me stronger and third her voice in Greek version sounds too Celine Dion
Gagi
Gagi
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 934
<b>Location</b> Serb Republic

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 am

Thank you for the mention! Very Happy i prefer English version cause Helena sing the song with more strong passion than Greek version. In adittion, she 'got it and if someone dont know who is the artist of the song he/she can admit that this song is sung by an American/Britain artist,for sure! she has another pronunce in English ,
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:03 am

the greek hands down. i'm not too fond of the lyrics in the english, the lyrics are kinda lame in my opinion. I know my parents prefer the greek as well, and have in mind they do not speak greek and they are not huge Paparizou fans. but the greek one is really beautiful, and the lyrics are as well.
Miranda
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2277
<b>Location</b> Planet Jedward

http://mirandamik.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:49 am

Lame lyrics? Sorry but I don't agree with you at all this time Miranda. These lyrics emit a sense of hope and positivity. They are gorgeous!

I love them both but EN version is the original version and I've listened to it a lot more. Btw I think TLIOS is one of her best and most "international" songs.

P.S. I also love the Greenglish version! big grin
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostas Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:00 am

Personally i love the Mad Secret concert Greenlish version of that song(and the summer tour 2008 one)!
Kostas
Kostas
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 570
<b>Location</b> Athens

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:46 am

Kostas wrote:Personally i love the Mad Secret concert Greenlish version of that song(and the summer tour 2008 one)!

i loved that version too! Keep Paparizouing!
Miranda
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2277

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:51 am

Definitely the English version
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:54 am

Derek wrote:Lame lyrics? Sorry but I don't agree with you at all this time Miranda. These lyrics emit a sense of hope and positivity. They are gorgeous!

I love them both but EN version is the original version and I've listened to it a lot more. Btw I think TLIOS is one of her best and most "international" songs.

P.S. I also love the Greenglish version! big grin

I like the english version just to be clear, but i like the greek one even more. I'm not that generally in to these type of genre, so for me to like it, it has to knock my socks off.
Miranda
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2277

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:55 am

Miranda wrote:the greek hands down. i'm not too fond of the lyrics in the english, the lyrics are kinda lame in my opinion. I know my parents prefer the greek as well, and have in mind they do not speak greek and they are not huge Paparizou fans. but the greek one is really beautiful, and the lyrics are as well.

I do not think the English lyrics is lame at all, it is one of her best songs and good, happy lyrics!
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 am

but i think that. i do not like the name "the light in our soul". it's a bit too out there for me. maybe the lyrics are beautiful, but it's not of my favourite english song of her. And the same with the greek version, even though I prefer it over the english, it's not by far her best greek song. I think Mazi Sou is better than both versions, and it's kinda the same genre.

And lame wasn't the word i wanted to use, but i can't explain it english, and lame was the closest to the real thing.
Miranda
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2277

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:02 am

Lame? lol! lol! lol! lol!
Sorry but .... NO Very Happy
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:05 am

Everyone has their opinions, and mine is that it is nowhere near her best song.
Miranda
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2277

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:06 am

If I have interpreted your words correctly, maybe you find it a bit light for your music taste. Anyway for me "Mazi Sou" is up there with TLIOS. I love both of these songs so much but "Mazi Sou" probably has even more touching lyrics! Keep Paparizouing!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:09 am

Miranda wrote:Everyone has their opinions, and mine is that it is nowhere near her best song.

Then I must say you are wrong anyway. It's one of her best songs still. The major will prove it.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:18 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:
Miranda wrote:Everyone has their opinions, and mine is that it is nowhere near her best song.

Then I must say you are wrong anyway. It's one of her best songs still. The major will prove it.

How can anyone be wrong in their own opinion? The light in our soul (Greek or English version) 948755
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:25 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:

You must say this? As a mod I say, you don't have to Akos! She has her opinion and we have ours. We've all expressed our opinions on the song, we disagreed and everyone can stick to their opinion in the end. In this occasion no one must have the last word.

P.S. Were you meant to say the majority? Cause at first I thought you meant the mayor and I was questioning which one? lol! Very Happy

Last edited by Derek on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiowave Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:40 am

English!
But my fav is Greenglish
Radiowave
Radiowave
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2983
<b>Location</b> Latvia, Riga

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Derek wrote:
Akos Kirsch wrote:

You must say this? As a mod I say, you don't have to Akos! She has her opinion and we have ours. We've all expressed our opinions on the song, we disagreed and everyone can stick to their opinion in the end. In this occasion no one must have the last word.

P.S. Were you meant to say the majority? Cause at first I thought you meant the mayor and I was questioning which one? lol! Very Happy

majority indeed. lol
Anyway if you wouldn't delete my other posts this would look obvious that I was spamming last night so that's why I was a bit pushy lol! But yeah anyway I do think that this is one of her best song and the english version is better yeah.
p.s.: And I don't care! Anyone with the opposite opinion is wrong na na na na na na na na BOO!!!! rofl

Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Linen Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:36 pm

This won't come as a chocker Razz
I agree with Miranda as usual smile
And I don't care if anyone thinks I'm wrong cause I'm never gonna change my mind about this song. It's one of my least fav songs of hers, especially the english version.
Linen
Linen
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2103
<b>Location</b> Narnia

http://www.twitter.com/IviSweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 pm

But the song is so beautiful, her voice is working amazing with the song. That it is a happy song makes it for me better too. Very Happy
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down