Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

An Open Letter to Lionheart Music Group

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Open Letter to Lionheart Music Group

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:36 am

An Open Letter to Lionheart Music Group;

RE: Helena Paparizou

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to write this letter, but as a strong and invested supporter of Ms Helena Paparizou, I feel that I must make my feelings and opinions clear to those who work closely alongside of her.

I have supported and followed the career of Helena Paparizou from her 2001 appearance in the Eurovision Song Contest with Antique. I have seen her rise from obscurity after the end of Antique and blossom into one of Europe’s most up and coming stars. I have purchased copies of her albums, spent hundreds of pounds travelling around Europe to see her perform in concerts and supported her every step of the way. Being a fan from the United Kingdom, where Helena is unfortunately unknown outside of Eurovision circles, I have used my influences with websites such as Twitter, Scandipop and Popjustice to help promote her music throughout my country and I am led to believe that I am one of probably a small handful of people that actually bought Mambo when it was released in the United Kingdom in November 2006.

In early 2013 when I found out that Ms. Paparizou had signed with Lionheart Music Group my initial thought was that this is going to be fantastic for her career outside of Greece. I was sceptical after the short lived attempt in 2012 to re-launch her Swedish career with Popular and Let’s Dance but with Lionheart having a number of Swedish-pop-power-houses under their wing, such as Shirley Clamp, Army of Lovers, Martin Rolinski and Robin Stjernberg, I was more than prepared to see what they could offer Paparizou.

Upon the release of Save Me [This is an S.O.S] in May 2013 I will admit that I was a little underwhelmed. After the success and popularity of Paparizou’s 2011 hit Baby It’s Over, which garnered praise from the likes of Popjustice and Scandipop. I felt that Save Me was a bit of a step back in terms of musicality. I felt that it lacked power that her previous singles had, and was very much a song that would have appeared in 2006 on The Game of Love. It seemed like a real Melodifestivalen reject. It grew on me, thankfully. Then, what seemed to be a stunned silence, the single wasn’t picked up by major radio stations. There was no Music Video planned for release, no real promotion apart from a low-key performance on Lotta Pa Liseberg and at Stockholm Pride. Where were the performances on high-profile TV Shows such as Allsang Pa Skansen, Nyhetsmorgon, Skavlan? It made this comeback underwhelming and a bit of a non-event.

Helena’s comeback in Greece seemed to be a lot more successful, even as the country is in the midst of economic turmoil, an album that went straight into number one, radio hits left, right and centre. The album was indeed very strong and garnished fantastic reviews and critical acclaim. This may be down to the fact that Helena is somewhat of a national treasure in Greece.

As Lionheart and Paparizou readies the release of her latest English-language album I am left to wonder what state this will leave her career in Sweden. Will this album limp into the charts and fall on the deaf ears of the people of Scandinavia? Or will this album be promoted thoroughly through TV, radio and mall appearances, interviews in popular magazines. I am left to wonder whether this album will receive the promotion that it deserves. There needs to be a strong campaign, performances on major television shows, and interviews in magazines that have a high circulation, billboards and TV adverts to promote the album. If the album isn’t promoted to a specific and focused release date I fear that the album will be left behind in the run-up to the Christmas chart. With major artists such as Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Britney Spears all releasing in the fourth quarter, and using the on air-on sale technique, will the album stand its ground and lead Helena back into the spotlight that she deserves in Sweden? If Lionheart would like to her some of my ideas to boost Paparizou’s significance in the Swedish market then I would be more than happy to discuss this. I work in the British Music Industry and have seen, first hand, on a number of occasions what happens to artists that are not promoted in the right way and given the opportunities they deserve.

Your sincerely.
A concerted supporter.
Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359
<b>Location</b> United Kingdom

http://fansofmelodifestivalen.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: An Open Letter to Lionheart Music Group

Post  Akos Kirsch on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:38 am

But you should send this to Lionheart I think.
Did you already do it?

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:44 am

Already emailed to Lionheart.
Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:00 pm

I think there was a pretty great promo plan for ''Save Me''. They released a press statement, uploaded a short teaser on YouTube and SoundCloud, announced a specific release date, released remixes and booked some performances/interviews. I would have loved to see her performing at like 10 different shows, but how can we be sure that she was invited? Besides, don't forget that she had some performances in Greece thus she couldn't spend all of her summer in Sweden. I'm sure she will do many more things around the album's release Very Happy

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:48 pm

The promotional plan was simply too sproradic. In order to obtain a great chart position Lionheart needed to work towards a focused date - i.e an "Impact Date". This means arranging promo for the time before for it to build a buzz and excitment - so that when the single is released, it gains the best posiible sales and chart position.
Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:56 pm

You are right there, but there's still time to create a buzz before the album's release smile

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:48 pm

I don't think that Lionheart planned an "amazing" comeback, but it was pretty good. Don't forget that it's difficult to reestablish herself on Swedish music scene after almost 6 years of inactivity and absence. Don't forget that Lionheart is not the only one who decides for how Helena's promotion will be executed, but also her Greek team and Helena herself!Keep Paparizouing! 

Coming soon! It's huge!
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442
<b>Location</b> Athens,Greece

http://www.zetamakripoulia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Maybe we can send this e-mail represented by all fans as a forum, so that Lionheart will take seriously our request
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:47 pm

I have yet to recieve a response from Lionheart regarding the matter. Upon my response to them I shall highlight that this is the general concensus of fans
Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Ramin Moran [Bosley] wrote:I have yet to recieve a response from Lionheart regarding the matter. Upon my response to them I shall highlight that this is the general concensus of fans
But please don't mention the name of the forum. We have been working constructively with them lately and we don't wanna 'destroy' this. You know, receiving such an email from a fan/a group of fans is totally fine, but receiving it from a fan community with which they have worked closely is another thing. Hope you understand smile

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 pm

I do not think Lionheart have done what they could. In 2005 she got many different opportunities to perform on "big shows".

Why was she "invited" to perform on Stockholm Pride. Not because of anything she have done lately, she was invited because of her earlier Eurovision-performances, mostly "My number one". And it seems that you think "Nyhetsmorgon" is bigger and better then Stockholm Pride. I disagree. While "Nyhetsmorgon" maybe have 500 000 and doesn't get any media attention, Stockholm Pride event happens once a year, and therefore gets a lot of media attention.

And also, "Lotta på Liseberg" is a big show. Sure, "Lotta på Liseberg" isn't as big as "Allsång på Skansen", but still it is a big show. Much bigger then "Nyhetsmorgon" if we compare them...

What Lionheart need to do is create a buzz for Helena. Make people talk about her in a positive way. And that is much easier said than done. Or do any of you have a idea how to create buzz around Helena?

Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:05 pm

It's easy for a label to build a buzz around an artist;

- Send promo's to selected journalists, post teaser clips on youtube/soundcloud
- Have adverts posted in newspapers and on banners on websites.
- Have a twitter account for Helena in Sweden, tweet to fans.
- High profile photo-shoots.
- Secret show's - one off appearances - have competitions for fans to get into the shows.

The best thing to do would be to send teasers of songs to specific people, get them to write reviews, get the online or in the media and bobs your uncle, you've created buzz for an artists.

Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:10 pm

"Easy".

Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 pm

I've worked with some of the biggest artists in the UK. It's incredible what social networking can do.
Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 pm

All i am saying is that Lionheart have been lazy with the whole release. It's worrying for the album.
Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Ramin Moran [Bosley] wrote:I've worked with some of the biggest artists in the UK. It's incredible what social networking can do.
Well, "some of the biggest artists". Helena isn't a big artist. And I would guess it is easier to promote an already big artist.

The same thing with products like Coca Cola or a whole new product. Probably easier to advertise Coca Cola compared to an entirely new product.

Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 am

The promotional advice you 've given, sound amazing, but as I told before, it's not only up to Lionheart. But as I said before, you 're not taking into consideration a very important element: Helena & the Greek Team decide also about these things (and as it seems they have stronger opinion than Lionheart on every matter).

The Greek Team & Helena didn't even do that for her Greek release. Anyway it seems that Lionheart has very good plans & ideas, and we will try to help them out too, but not with complaints only Keep Paparizouing! 

Coming soon! It's huge!
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:36 am

This is not a complaint. It's more of a retrospect - where did things go wrong.
Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:59 am

They more or less know. People who have been doing their job badly for years are to be blamed for me...Keep Paparizouing! 

Coming soon! It's huge!
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Panagiotis wrote:The promotional advice you 've given, sound amazing, but as I told before, it's not only up to Lionheart. But as I said before, you 're not taking into consideration a very important element: Helena & the Greek Team decide also about these things (and as it seems they have stronger opinion than Lionheart on every matter).

The Greek Team & Helena didn't even do that for her Greek release. Anyway it seems that Lionheart has very good plans & ideas, and we will try to help them out too, but not with complaints only Keep Paparizouing! 
Panagiotis wrote:They more or less know. People who have been doing their job badly for years are to be blamed for me...Keep Paparizouing! 
I am also sure it would be better if she was only under the Swedish label. But her management and everything is still the same Greek one we knew from the last years. you know what this means. (of course i do NOT say "because it is a GREEK management" but because most of us found THIS management made many mistakes).

I could imagine also that they had proposals from TV shows to perform the new track, or that they asked in TV shows to let her perform there, but then the greek management said no. Maybe they found that the shows wouldn't pay enough and they didn't want to sell helena "under worth". maybe they are used to her fame in Greece and expect every other country to do so as well. and by acting like this they lose everything.

might be better for their Greek label anyway if she does not have success in scandinavia. in greece she still sells well, why should they risk that she becomes successful in Scandinavia and maybe leaves the greek label/management to go to a Swedish one?

Click here to visit my photography page
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Perhaps but we don't know much facts actually about this. We mostly speculate.
But I do agree the promotion should be a bit more pushy.

Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Miss KA wrote:
I am also sure it would be better if she was only under the Swedish label. But her management and everything is still the same Greek one we knew from the last years. you know what this means. (of course i do NOT say "because it is a GREEK management" but because most of us found THIS management made many mistakes).

I could imagine also that they had proposals from TV shows to perform the new track, or that they asked in TV shows to let her perform there, but then the greek management said no. Maybe they found that the shows wouldn't pay enough and they didn't want to sell helena "under worth". maybe they are used to her fame in Greece and expect every other country to do so as well. and by acting like this they lose everything.

might be better for their Greek label anyway if she does not have success in scandinavia. in greece she still sells well, why should they risk that she becomes successful in Scandinavia and maybe leaves the greek label/management to go to a Swedish one?
I 've thought about that too. But who knows?
The only thing I am disappointed from is Helena, who she wouldn't stay in Sweden for like 2 weeks / 1 month but only 4 days. She has to spend and live more time in Sweden from now on. She needs to attend some events, and catch the public eye!

Coming soon! It's huge!
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:33 pm

I only dont understand why she hasnt done any photoshoot for a Swedish magazine and why the heck there isnt official video for SOS.

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:12 pm

The latter one is obviously something that her Greek team decides. Do you remember that we were informed by Lionheart that they have no plans for music video, and then Giannis from HPC, said "Lionheart may be spreading information that there won't be a clip, but there will be one", and some weeks later they said "No, there won't be a clip"?

Coming soon! It's huge!
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 pm

it's as if the Greek team didn't want her to be successful abroad

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Ramin Moran [Bosley] wrote:The best thing to do would be to send teasers of songs to specific people, get them to write reviews, get the online or in the media and bobs your uncle, you've created buzz for an artists.
They were actually planning something like that for the SoundFactory remixes. Btw your promotional ideas are brilliant! smile

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:09 am

apart from labels, can we as fans do sth to promote in casual way Helena?? By using social network such as Facebook and post her song SOS at Scandinavian /Swedish music sites or alarm Swedish fans inform other people to keep an eye on her music.
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramin Moran [Bosley] on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:49 am

Labros! wrote:
Ramin Moran [Bosley] wrote:The best thing to do would be to send teasers of songs to specific people, get them to write reviews, get the online or in the media and bobs your uncle, you've created buzz for an artists.
They were actually planning something like that for the SoundFactory remixes. Btw your promotional ideas are brilliant! smile

Thank you.

The remixes should have been sent to DJ's and Night-Clubs - I don't know if they were or not?

By the teasers I mean upcoming tracks from the album - 10 second clips of Chainsaw or Set your Heart on Me, something like that.
Ramin Moran [Bosley]
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 359

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:26 am

Chris K wrote:apart from labels, can we as fans do sth to promote in casual way Helena?? By using social network such as Facebook and post her song SOS at Scandinavian /Swedish music sites or alarm Swedish fans inform other people to keep an eye on her music.
The thing is that it will only reach people that is interested in new undiscovered music. The "causals" need to like it, else the song will not be popular. And I do not know what we can do about that...

Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:23 pm

Ramin Moran [Bosley] wrote:By the teasers I mean upcoming tracks from the album - 10 second clips of Chainsaw or Set your Heart on Me, something like that.
The Greek versions of these tracks are aleady on YouTube, so it would be better to do that with the brand new English songs or with the full album. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they will arrange something like that before the album's release.

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:15 am

Labros! wrote:
Ramin Moran [Bosley] wrote:By the teasers I mean upcoming tracks from the album - 10 second clips of Chainsaw or Set your Heart on Me, something like that.
The Greek versions of these tracks are aleady on YouTube, so it would be better to do that with the brand new English songs or with the full album. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they will arrange something like that before the album's release.
because Helena gave us a little sample when she sung "Just One More Night" i suppose that Lionhear may promote this song
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top