Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Derek on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 am

- She's introduced in the article as the greatest singer/performer of her generation in Greece (well said!) and it is revealed that this is a phone interview from the day of her announcement as one of Melodifestivalen's acts

- Her decision to participate in Melodifestivalen was completely spontaneous. One day when she was at the Lionheart office in Stockholm back in September during the last studio sessions for her upcoming English language album she heard the echoes of Survivor from another room and she was instantly touched by it so she decided to step in that room. There she found some old colleagues and friends who after seeing her enthusiastic reaction to the song asked her if she could see herself in Eurovision again (obviously with this song for which Helena has revealed that it was meant to be submitted for Melodifestivalen 2014 anyway). She didn't have to think a lot about it before saying yes because Survivor describes what is truly going on in her own life for the past 1 year. (sunny )

- She's nervous about her participation in the contest considering she's been away from the Swedish music scene for a long time and she sees this as an opportunity for a career restart.

- She describes the incident (some of you might remember it from one of her interviews on aftonbladet.se) when during one of her nephew's school events in Sweden, a little girl asked her if she's famous. That's when she realized that she's been away for so long that a whole generation is unaware of her. (you had it coming sweetie big grin )

- When asked if she's afraid of losing some of her prestige by participating in a national final for Eurovision, she says that the relationship with the audience isn't self evident and granted and even artists like Nana Mouskouri who have sold 300 million records worldwide will tell you that they have to fight for it on a daily basis. She believes that giving soul and body and constantly trying hard are requirements for career endurance. (Keep Paparizouing! )

- When asked if she's grown tired of bouzoukia nightclubs, she says she hasn't but she told herself it's enough now, I want to do something else. She says she was never snobbish towards this type of entertainment and it has in fact taught her great lessons about her career and direct communication with the audience (make cherry ketchup - You asked for it my dear!)

- When asked why she went to the auditions for Evita (within the journalist's question it's also revealed that she eventually decided to turn down the role afterwards) she says that she likes to challenge herself in new areas and receiving new offers leads to enthusiasm and the spark of creativity, otherwise a career resembles a railway car that follows the established route of the railroad (clap clap clap).

- She considers the period from 2008 to 2011 as a really tough period as she lost her father and a lot of bad things happened to her during that time which lead to her depression and to consider quitting from the music business. She fought hard to see light at the end of the tunnel and Survivor is well suited to her. (sunny sunny )

- She says she's very happy during this stage of her life as she's now come to terms with herself and as a result with other people too. Within Andreas she's found everything she seeks in a man and although they've been together for some time now, they are still passionate about each other. She describes him as a great partner who cares about the people around him. She goes on to say that through him she has discovered more aspects of her character and she doesn't just sing for him, she lives for him (She sounds like she's really fell for him - he better be as nice as he sounds like with her or Helena's army aka Akos cherry  will not give him a good time big grin )

- She makes clear there hasn't been a proper engagement but he has proposed to her! (date )

- When asked if having kids could be an obstacle to her career she says that in Sweden (in Greece too my dear Helena; just look at some of your Greek colleagues) women can still have a career after having one or 2 kids. She'd love to have kids because it's nice to spend your time between work and family commitments because that's a way to avoid stagnancy and routine

- When asked to describe an everyday like moment that signifies her happiness she says that both of them are waiting for each other by the front door and whatever time they get back home (whether it's 20.00 or 2 after midnight) they'll sit at the table, they'll look into each other's eyes and they'll talk. (date )

- When asked if fame that came for her at a very young age ever made her arrogant she says that it didn't, because her father always used to tell her  Helena don't forget where you came from (Keep Paparizouing! )

- When asked if she grew up in a househould that followed Greek habits/customs she reveals that there were actually Swedish customs but the mentality and temperament always remained Greek. For instance her parents (from other interviews we know that in fact it was her mum) forbid her to speak Greek when she was around Swedish people, however when they were around other Greeks, they were totally Greek by talking loudly and interrupting each other the entire time which is something she's never gotten rid of (like we didn't know...lol! ). Likewise in the press conference they held for MF she says she was the only one in the bunch who was speaking loudly and making noise. (blah blah)

- When asked how she feels about Greeks who think it's a pity that she will compete for Sweden although she's Greek, she says that she doesn't want any Greek to feel this way about her, in fact she wants Greeks to feel happy that their compatriot is doing something abroad which is what Swedes felt back in 2005 with her ESC victory. She goes on to say she is a Greek that promotes Greece wherever she stands abroad and because of her temperament she always carries Greece with her - besides she thinks the title to her song Survivor is suitable for Greeks too

- When asked what she feels about Notis Sfakianakis's open endorsement for the neo-nazi party Golden Dawn , she says that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's a pity that in 2013 there are such extreme opinions out there. She says that she talked about this in one of her Swedish interviews as well (I think she's referring to Nyhetsmorgon back in August). She says she dislikes fascism and she hates any form of racism or discrimination against black people, fat people, skinny people, gays, immigrants or patients (the weak). She respects Notis Sfakianakis as an artist (artist my ass I hate you ) but she stands by Despina Vandi's decision who talked from the perspective of a child of immigrant parents. She goes on to say that she isn't just a child of immigrant parents but she became an immigrant herself (after moving to Greece) so she has 2 reasons to stand by Despina's opinion! (clap  number one )

Here's the full interview in Greek: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Special thanks to Miss KA for inspiring me to use so many smileys in the text. She knows...lol! 


Last edited by Derek on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:19 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Derek
Moderator
Moderator

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  javi_greek on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:37 am

thank you very much. I agree with her, with you, with everyone. Go helena!
avatar
javi_greek
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1542
<b>Location</b> spain

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Samuel on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Thank you for the summary! smile

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Miss KA on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks so much Derek!!!

Derek wrote:
Special thanks to Miss KA for inspiring me to use so many smileys in the text. She knows...lol!
roflhaving fun krazy 


Derek wrote:
She says she dislikes fascism and she hates any form of racism or discrimination against black people, fat people, skinny people, gays, immigrants or patients (the weak).
many thanks Helena, that was about time. I think I like you much more now. big grin 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Click here to visit my photography page
avatar
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Chris on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Akos Kirsch on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Miss KA wrote:Thanks so much Derek!!!

Derek wrote:
Special thanks to Miss KA for inspiring me to use so many smileys in the text. She knows...lol!
roflhaving fun krazy 


Derek wrote:
She says she dislikes fascism and she hates any form of racism or discrimination against black people, fat people, skinny people, gays, immigrants or patients (the weak).
many thanks Helena, that was about time. I think I like you much more now. big grin 
She never told that about skinny people before Reb? Very Happy Anyway thanks for the interview it's really nice!!!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

avatar
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Miss KA on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:53 pm

Akos Kirsch wrote:
Miss KA wrote:Thanks so much Derek!!!

Derek wrote:
Special thanks to Miss KA for inspiring me to use so many smileys in the text. She knows...lol!
roflhaving fun krazy 


Derek wrote:
She says she dislikes fascism and she hates any form of racism or discrimination against black people, fat people, skinny people, gays, immigrants or patients (the weak).
many thanks Helena, that was about time. I think I like you much more now. big grin 
She never told that about skinny people before Reb? :DAnyway thanks for the interview it's really nice!!!
no. and her praising all the time how much better it is for a woman to have more weight made me pretty angry often. You cannot fight against racism by being kind of racistic towards the opposite group. such unreflected behaviour makes me upset, so I am glad she has cleared this now.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Click here to visit my photography page
avatar
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Akos Kirsch on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Ah... okay. Yeah I remember now that you mentioned this before.
Well... I'm glad if she made you feel good now about this subject Very Happy 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

avatar
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Ruben on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:21 am

Very interesting statements by Elena Very Happy I really thought her decision to participate in the MF was everything except an spontaneous decision.
avatar
Ruben
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1895
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Derek on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:59 am

My pleasure people!Very Happy  My decision to provide a "sort of" translation was as spontaneous as Helena's decision to participate in Mello this year.lol! 

Miss KA wrote:
many thanks Helena, that was about time. I think I like you much more now. big grin 

--------------------------------------

no. and her praising all the time how much better it is for a woman to have more weight made me pretty angry often. You cannot fight against racism by being kind of racistic towards the opposite group. such unreflected behaviour makes me upset, so I am glad she has cleared this now.
hehe I am glad she became more sympathetic in your eyes after this statement (and that you probably feel a little reliefed too - always a good feeling) although the reason why she had previously never mentioned these new "categories/groups" of people she added in this interview (skinny people and patients/weak) is probably because the known cases of fat people, gays and immigrants who are victims of racism or discrimination are many more and more popular in public discussion/ the media. In other words you rarely hear about someone facing consistent discrimination because they are skinny. In fact with the rise of anorexia among models in more recent years it might have been dangerous to bring up this subject as women (and men) who are prone to anorexia (I guess people who have problems with their body image, etc) could change the context and use this support as an excuse to become anorexic or get near anorexia. At least that's what I'm afraid that could happen + I'm actually quite sure Helena never endorsed "more weight" over "normal" or "less" weight judging by her statements in her various interviews. She's always said along the lines that kg is not what makes the person and as long as we exercise, live a healthy lifestyle, eat well etc. we are doing it the right way.  So I'm glad she has made it fully clear now although (imo) you should have previously guessed that she was always meant to talk in support of skinny people facing discrimination when talking against discrimination/racism in general even if she had never previously "named" them as a separate category. But sometimes this can be useful too so I'm glad it's settled now.Very Happy
avatar
Derek
Moderator
Moderator

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Miss KA on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:21 am

Derek wrote:My pleasure people!Very Happy  My decision to provide a "sort of" translation was as spontaneous as Helena's decision to participate in Mello this year.lol! 

Miss KA wrote:
many thanks Helena, that was about time. I think I like you much more now. big grin 

--------------------------------------

no. and her praising all the time how much better it is for a woman to have more weight made me pretty angry often. You cannot fight against racism by being kind of racistic towards the opposite group. such unreflected behaviour makes me upset, so I am glad she has cleared this now.
hehe I am glad she became more sympathetic in your eyes after this statement (and that you probably feel a little reliefed too - always a good feeling) although the reason why she had previously never mentioned these new "categories/groups" of people she added in this interview (skinny people and patients/weak) is probably because the known cases of fat people, gays and immigrants who are victims of racism or discrimination are many more and more popular in public discussion/ the media. In other words you rarely hear about someone facing consistent discrimination because they are skinny. In fact with the rise of anorexia among models in more recent years it might have been dangerous to bring up this subject as women (and men) who are prone to anorexia (I guess people who have problems with their body image, etc) could change the context and use this support as an excuse to become anorexic or get near anorexia. At least that's what I'm afraid that could happen + I'm actually quite sure Helena never endorsed "more weight" over "normal" or "less" weight judging by her statements in her various interviews. She's always said along the lines that kg is not what makes the person and as long as we exercise, live a healthy lifestyle, eat well etc. we are doing it the right way.  So I'm glad she has made it fully clear now although (imo) you should have previously guessed that she was always meant to talk in support of skinny people facing discrimination when talking against discrimination/racism in general even if she had never previously "named" them as a separate category. But sometimes this can be useful too so I'm glad it's settled now.Very Happy
I am really sick of discussing this over and over again. Besides there is enough discrimination to be angry about, it is just that people only get upset if someone accuses anyone of being fat. Which I do, too, but I dislike both ways of disrespectful behaviour.
And Helena's exclamation from mad vma really made me angry. I mean imagine Foureira would have said, after winning sexiest video in 2011, thin women are the sexier ones. Then I would have liked to hear the response by people and media, lol. Dont get me wrong, i am not doing any judgements, i dont care how much weight anyone has, but I am just sick of all this discrimination which no one calls discrimination while getting upset about others.

If you are serous about this, you shouldt allow magazines to retouch your waist to anorexic measures while letting your boobs be blown up by photoshop in addition to the operation. Because this is what more weight means: more weight everywhere, not only at your breast.

Anyway, I have said this often enough and I am not goibg to repeat it again, but just to remind you that there have been enough things in the past one can misunderstand and which in my eyes occur from unreflected behaviour. I dont care if people wanna be good examples but Helena obviously Helena considers herself as wanting to be one andfor this I have different expectations of her than from other celebs.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Click here to visit my photography page
avatar
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Derek on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:25 am

Miss KA wrote:
Derek wrote:My pleasure people!Very Happy  My decision to provide a "sort of" translation was as spontaneous as Helena's decision to participate in Mello this year.lol! 

Miss KA wrote:
many thanks Helena, that was about time. I think I like you much more now. big grin 

--------------------------------------

no. and her praising all the time how much better it is for a woman to have more weight made me pretty angry often. You cannot fight against racism by being kind of racistic towards the opposite group. such unreflected behaviour makes me upset, so I am glad she has cleared this now.
hehe I am glad she became more sympathetic in your eyes after this statement (and that you probably feel a little reliefed too - always a good feeling) although the reason why she had previously never mentioned these new "categories/groups" of people she added in this interview (skinny people and patients/weak) is probably because the known cases of fat people, gays and immigrants who are victims of racism or discrimination are many more and more popular in public discussion/ the media. In other words you rarely hear about someone facing consistent discrimination because they are skinny. In fact with the rise of anorexia among models in more recent years it might have been dangerous to bring up this subject as women (and men) who are prone to anorexia (I guess people who have problems with their body image, etc) could change the context and use this support as an excuse to become anorexic or get near anorexia. At least that's what I'm afraid that could happen + I'm actually quite sure Helena never endorsed "more weight" over "normal" or "less" weight judging by her statements in her various interviews. She's always said along the lines that kg is not what makes the person and as long as we exercise, live a healthy lifestyle, eat well etc. we are doing it the right way.  So I'm glad she has made it fully clear now although (imo) you should have previously guessed that she was always meant to talk in support of skinny people facing discrimination when talking against discrimination/racism in general even if she had never previously "named" them as a separate category. But sometimes this can be useful too so I'm glad it's settled now.Very Happy
I am really sick of discussing this over and over again. Besides there is enough discrimination to be angry about, it is just that people only get upset if someone accuses anyone of being fat. Which I do, too, but I dislike both ways of disrespectful behaviour.
And Helena's exclamation from mad vma really made me angry. I mean imagine Foureira would have said, after winning sexiest video in 2011, thin women are the sexier ones. Then I would have liked to hear the response by people and media, lol. Dont get me wrong, i am not doing any judgements, i dont care how much weight anyone has, but I am just sick of all this discrimination which no one calls discrimination while getting upset about others.

If you are serous about this, you shouldt allow magazines to retouch your waist to anorexic measures while letting your boobs be blown up by photoshop in addition to the operation. Because this is what more weight means: more weight everywhere, not only at your breast.

Anyway, I have said this often enough and I am not goibg to repeat it again, but just to remind you that there have been enough things in the past one can misunderstand and which in my eyes occur from unreflected behaviour. I dont care if people wanna be good examples but Helena obviously Helena considers herself as wanting to be one andfor this I have different expectations of her than from other celebs.
Reb I do sympathize with your objection on how society handles this issue but I can't agree with you when you blame Helena for the same and you twist her words around (possibly due to wrong translations? or a bit of bias too?). For example at Mad Awards 2010 during her acceptance speech for the sexiest video she said I thank Konstantinos Rigos because despite the fact that when we shot the video I was 5 kg heavier than I am now, I managed to win the award for sexiest video. Therefore women with extra weight can be very sexy, too.
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unless you have been provided with a wrong translation for what she said I don't understand how you conclude from that that she thinks that she as someone with extra weight is naturally sexier than someone with no extra weight or average weight? She was just saying that people should stop discriminating against women with extra weight because they can be sexy too.
And if we do a flashback, back in the Antique days when she was really thin there had been a few gossip reports about her being extremely skinny but the amount of media coverage she has received for gaining some extra weight has been unprecedended since 2007 so she has the right to defend her choice+health condition (because her weight gain is not just a result of lifestyle choices - she has a condition with her thyroid gland which is no help for her weight).
Obviously you have a point when you say that she contradicts all that when she does photoshoots where she clearly allows (or at least she doesn't forbid...) picture editors to make her appear thinner but this is a whole different story (although I agree with you that Helena owes an answer for that) from accusing her of things she has not said or done and you have clearly misinterpreted. It's simply unfair. Wink Keep Paparizouing! 
avatar
Derek
Moderator
Moderator

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Akos Kirsch on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:38 am

But this thing is clear for Reb now Derek thanks to what Elena said so I think you shouldn't start this "argument" again guys. Plus Reb already wrote that she is sick to discuss this all over again.
There is clearly not a single racism in her words and in her opinion as she stated it so... everything's okay and everyone got what he/she wished to hear lol!(hopefully)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

avatar
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Derek on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Akos Kirsch wrote:But this thing is clear for Reb now Derek thanks to what Elena said so I think you shouldn't start this "argument" again guys. Plus Reb already wrote that she is sick to discuss this all over again.
There is clearly not a single racism in her words and in her opinion as she stated it so... everything's okay and everyone got what he/she wished to hear lol!(hopefully)
I don't think it was completely clear to her and that's exactly my contribution to this discussion; to clarify a couple of things for her because sometimes I think you guys take too many liberties with Greek which results in wrong interpretations. I understand it's hard to translate it so if you aren't sure about something HP has said why not ask instead of holding a grudge against her about something she has supposedly said? It wasn't too many years ago when someone had accused her of speaking badly about Albania.. And I'm sure there have been more misunderstandings over the years, I just can't recall them right now.

In other words can easily be twisted up, statements can be taken out of context and as result things can blow out of proportion so easily, so it's best that those who know (me in this case, perhaps you in another case Akos) will clarify things - there's nothing wrong with that.Very Happy 
avatar
Derek
Moderator
Moderator

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Miss KA on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:11 pm

Well if so there was an misunderstanding, but I have brought this up already earlier, referring to earlier translations to it by a greek member, and no one including you corrected me back then. Besides that was not the only statement in this direction, I remember something about "juicier women" as someone translated it; might be from an interview or anywhere else.

anyway, as I said I am happy she cleared this up now cause it was really getting on my nerves. Still there have been other things like this not referring to weight but other things but I am not going to discuss this over and over again.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Click here to visit my photography page
avatar
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Summary of Helena's interview on "Thema People" (Proto Thema pull-out) - Sunday, December 1st

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum