Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish"

+4
Miss KA
persianchick99
Derek
Samuel
8 posters

Go down

Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish" Empty Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish"

Post  Samuel Tue May 03, 2011 1:41 am

Some people wanted to have this translated, so why not.. many things is going to be wrong but I hope you understand the point of everything. Have so boring right now so.. why not.

Swedish article:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

milk and glamor in a nice pack
She is dressed in an cyklamencolored chiffongtop and the sandals have a matching color. In her hand she holds a big glas of milk, red milk.

See there, a young woman that can look like a diva and an advertisement for arla! (Arla = danish/swedish company that does milk/butter and more..)
Helena Paparizou stays stable, well anchored in both the greek world and in the swedish.

Noone should think it have been easy. Despite her youth she have worked hard for it. And above all her parents have fight with it. She says fighted with a strong emphasis at the verb so you can hear how much she have fought. Nothing have been free.

- But I have also had luck, been on the right place the right time and met the right persons.

- I am not Paris Hilton and born rich.

Now she begins to talk about the poverty and about fighting, loud. So everyone at the resturant there we sit, can hear. She talks with proud in her voice. She talks about her parents, that came to Sweden as immigrants from poor places.

Mountains, farmers, sheperds, beauty. Her mothers village is named Vatsounia, kastanjeträdens village. Five hundred residents. Her dads village is named Oxia bokträdens village.
(kastanjeträd and bokträd is some sorts of trees, have no clue what they are.)

Both villages is in the middle of greece.
In the beginning of the 60's Helenas mother come to Sweden, only at age ten. With her family and relatives.

Sweden was building welfare with help of labor by immigrants, after a while Helenas mother began to sy clothes at Algots factories in Borås. They lived with aunt Gerd, that had an big house in Borås, and was very helpful to Helenas grandmother and was there when they needed help with interpreted, when they didn't understand the swedish language.

In the summers Helenas mother and all the relatives home to Greece and where there on a festival in the village. There her father saw Helenas mother.

Helenas father did go to the young girl father, asked for her hand. The father said that he looked like a good guy, but the daughter could decide.

- When Helenas mother and father got married her mother had braids, Helena says.

Helenas mother got widow early and she remember her like a woman that always had black clothes.

- My grandmother was always near me when i grew up. She lived many years at home. Me and my grandmother shared rooms.

- We got to sleep the same time and I couldn't fall asleep before I saw that she had her eyes closed.

- My parents and my relatives got here very poor. They was not even done with the primary school. They did come to Sweden to build up a life, work, get a family and see after the children so they got an education.

- They have fought. You don't get a free house in Sävedalen (eastern gothenborg)

And Helena Paparizou have felt her parents ambitions.

- When I was five i began in a greek school. When I was seven in the swedish. I did go to the greek school on saturdays, i had mother tongue education in greek in the swedish school. Went on greek dance, classic ballet and took pianolessons.

- When I was twelve I didn't have the energy to it anymore and began to truant.

Her parents knowed what they wanted to give to her daughter. a strong anchor in the greek language and culture.

It wasn't every child in gothenburg that had it like that. The chileans or the irans hade no saturday school. A small motherland there they strengthened theres roots. But what that meant she would realize later.
Now Helena was into the

Now Helena was about to enter her teenage, and she needed to gain a foothold also in the Swedish earth, stand firmly on both legs.

It was then she searched up a curator on "Nya Lundenskolan" (school).

- I had long discussions with her, about whether my grandmother was sick, about friends that "disappeared". About why I wore a mask and tried to be someone else? About why I did everything i could to get some attention?

For years Helena and the curator Sanna Pernheim talked about these issues.

Sanna Pernheim remembers that Helena was in a deep "no where". Helena fought to get a balance between "Swedish Helena" and "Greek Helena".

She felt bad because other perceived her as a "bad girl". Not because she was one, but because she was made herself look like one. She had an attitude that could scare and worry, behave in a way that other students would get scared of her.

"Don't they se who I am and I just want well" - She said to Sanna.

Sanna Pernheim confronted her and played a scene where she behaved like Helena, arrogant and tough. With a cigarrett in her hand.
Helena got shocked, when she saw this.

After that the curator took her to a group that fought bullying. Sanna knew that Helena was straight, fearless and brave. She was influential and many listened to her.

In the last grade Helena was chairman in that group and when arguments broke out she went between them and wondered what they were doing.

- She never backed down and eventually became a role model.

When Helena was with her curator she said many times that she wanted to be an greek tragedienn. And the dreams about an artistlife wasn't just a teenagers fantasies about fame. Helena Paparizou was already on her way.
She began home on the sofa, dressed up, demanded all to look. When she sang in the choir in the greek school the teacher said "I hear a voice!" Then she got the starring (main.. roll?) when the choir sang at the greek national day.

She created an group with three latin americans when she was 13 and thinked "This I want to do all of my life!"

And then antique, the duo she created with Nikos Panagiotidis when she was 17 years and did her famous both in Sweden and Greece.

The feeling grew. It was her life.
Why?

- No, it was not about the success. It had actually been enough for me to sing in a piano bar. It is the music, that music can make people enjoy and feel good.

But there was no pianobar, she got to be a star in Greece and Sweden. And also she won ESC 2005.

It was first now she actually understand what happened and just soon she are going to Madrid. An festival. 500 000 peoples.
All the spring she have singed in Greece. A country that loves their stars and threat them like stars. With hysterical delight.

But the Greeks are also a people who can and cherish its history. Helena Paparizou says that the past year, she realized the importance of history and religion of the Greeks and that she can feel gratitude for how much she learned during the years of wear from the Greek school at home in Gothenburg.

- I understand why Greeks are proud to be Greeks, that Greece is still there. They've really struggled to keep their country and they have succeeded. Although they were slaves to the Turks for 400 years.

- My hero is Athanasios Diakonia, "she says as if he were an obvious historical name for us non-greeks.

For her and many Greeks, he is a historical fixed star. A man who fought against the Turks, was murdered by them in 1821 and became a historic martyr.

She have a another hero in his heart - Pippi Longstocking.

- Perhaps they maybe not fits to eachother, "she says.
Or do they do it. A Greek and Swedish. Two legs.

Helena Paparizou seems today to stand firm in their two cultures, but in Greece she knows she is Swedish and I in Sweden that she is Greek. Therefore, she is happy to share life with someone who has similar experience, fiance Toni Mavridis. He also has Greek parents and grew up in Rinkeby.

We have the same void in us, we are not belonging to Sweden or Greece.

- I am different here in Sweden, looks different, are dark, have much hair, everywhere.

- If i would have a completely swedish boyfriend he could say: "You and your fat relatives, do you really need to eat that much and be so noisy"

- If I would be with a from only Greek, yes. Then it would be many things that he didn't understand.

She was so young when the success came with the duo Antique and she says that early on made her mature and responsible, "afraid of life. "

- And my parents are there, still, always. They support and fighting. Fight?

- Yes, they give me resistance, so that I do not fly away. They tell me that I must fight. "We are not born rich. We must keep fighting."

- It's so easy to be trampled to death, whether one is known and not. And for those who are known to go way out much faster than uphill.

-----

Damn, was really horrible translated. But I had something to do.. Razz

Last edited by Swedish on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish" Empty Re: Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish"

Post  Derek Tue May 03, 2011 2:16 am

Good job! Keep Paparizouing!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish" Empty Re: Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish"

Post  Samuel Tue May 03, 2011 2:49 am

Derek wrote:Good job! Keep Paparizouing!

I wish that I could say that to, I see the bad work I have done. It is these times I really see how bad my english is.
But thank you.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Tue May 03, 2011 3:17 am

Hmm.. did you just quote my post with no answer. lol!?
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue May 03, 2011 3:19 am

Swedish wrote:Hmm.. did you just quote my post with no answer. lol!?

No I only corrected some mistakes in your translation. Very Happy Particularly in the part about her behavior at school and how she eventually became a role model cause I can't be bothered and correct everything, it's too much work and your translation is good enough to be understood by others I think. Very Happy
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Tue May 03, 2011 3:34 am

You are using your powers. ;)?

Well, I looked at it and the only thing I found new was the word "wore". Im gonna search through it again and look if I find anything other that is new. Well, thank you for the little help then. lol!
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  persianchick99 Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks for translating this great interview.
persianchick99
persianchick99
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 296
<b>Location</b> Califorina

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu May 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Swedish wrote:You are using your powers. ;)?

Well, I looked at it and the only thing I found new was the word "wore". Im gonna search through it again and look if I find anything other that is new. Well, thank you for the little help then. lol!

No I corrected plenty of mistakes in those few lines. Have a closer look again! Wink
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Sun May 22, 2011 6:03 am

Swedish wrote:Some people wanted to have this translated, so why not.. many things is going to be wrong but I hope you understand the point of everything. Have so boring right now so.. why not.

Swedish article:

milk and glamor in a nice pack
She is dressed in an cyklamencolored chiffongtop and the sandals have a matching color. In her hand she holds a big glas of milk, red milk.

See there, a young woman that can look like a diva and an advertisement for arla! (Arla = danish/swedish company that does milk/butter and more..)
Helena Paparizou stays stable, well anchored in both the greek world and in the swedish.

Noone should think it have been easy. Despite her youth she have worked hard for it. And above all her parents have fight with it. She says fighted with a strong emphasis at the verb so you can hear how much she have fought. Nothing have been free.

- But I have also had luck, been on the right place the right time and met the right persons.

- I am not Paris Hilton and born rich.

Now she begins to talk about the poverty and about fighting, loud. So everyone at the resturant there we sit, can hear. She talks with proud in her voice. She talks about her parents, that comed to Sweden as immigrants from poor places.

Mountains, farmers, sheperds, beauty. Her mothers village is named Vatsounia, kastanjeträdens village. Five hundred residents. Her dads village is named Oxia bokträdens village.
(kastanjeträd and bokträd is some sorts of trees, have no clue what they are.)

Both villages is in the middle of greece.
In the beginning of the 60's Helenas mother come to Sweden, only at age ten. With her family and relatives.

Sweden was building welfare with help of labor by immigrants, after a while Helenas mother began to sy clothes at Algots factories in Borås. They lived with aunt Gerd, that had an big house in Borås, and was very helpful to Helenas grandmother and was there when they needed help with interpreted, when they didn't understand the swedish language.

In the summers Helenas mother and all the relatives home to Greece and where there on a festival in the village. There her father saw Helenas mother.

Helenas father did go to the young girl father, asked for her hand. The father said that he looked like a good guy, but the daughter could decide.

- When Helenas mother and father got married her mother had braids, Helena says.

Helenas mother got widow early and she remember her like a woman that always had black clothes.

- My grandmother was always near me when i grew up. She lived many years at home. Me and my grandmother shared rooms.

- We got to sleep the same time and I couldn't fall asleep before I saw that she had her eyes closed.

- My parents and my relatives got here very poor. They was not even done with the primary school. They did come to Sweden to build up a life, work, get a family and see after the children so they got an education.

- They have fought. You don't get a free house in Sävedalen (eastern gothenborg)

And Helena Paparizou have felt her parents ambitions.

- When I was five i began in a greek school. When I was seven in the swedish. I did go to the greek school on saturdays, i had mother tongue education in greek in the swedish school. Went on greek dance, classic ballet and took pianolessons.

- When I was twelve I didn't have the energy to it anymore and began to truant.

Her parents knowed what they wanted to give to her daughter. a strong anchor in the greek language and culture.

It wasn't every child in gothenburg that had it like that. The chileans or the irans hade no saturday school. A small motherland there they strengthened theres roots. But what that meant she would realize later.
Now Helena was into the

Now Helena was about to enter her teenage, and she needed to gain a foothold also in the Swedish earth, stand firmly on both legs.

It was then she searched up a curator on "Nya Lundenskolan" (school).

- I had long discussions with her, about whether my grandmother was sick, about friends that "disappeared". About why I wore a mask and tried to be someone else? About why I did everything i could to get some attention?

For years Helena and the curator Sanna Pernheim talked about these issues.

Sanna Pernheim remembers that Helena was in a deep "no where". Helena fought to get a balance between "Swedish Helena" and "Greek Helena".

She felt bad because other perceived her as a "bad girl". Not because she was one, but because she was made herself look like one. She had an attitude that could scare and worry, behave in a way that other students would get scared of her.

"Don't they se who I am and I just want well" - She said to Sanna.

Sanna Pernheim confronted her and played a scene where she behaved like Helena, arrogant and tough. With a cigarrett in her hand.
Helena got shocked, when she saw this.

After that the curator took her to a group that fought bullying. Sanna knew that Helena was straight, fearless and brave. She was influential and many listened to her.

In the last grade Helena was chairman in that group and when arguments broke out she went between them and wondered what they were doing.

- She never backed down and eventually became a role model.

When Helena was with her curator she said many times that she wanted to be an greek tragedienn. And the dreams about an artistlife wasn't just a teenagers fantasies about fame. Helena Paparizou was already on her way.
She began home on the sofa, dressed up, demanded all to look. When she sang in the choir in the greek school the teacher said "I hear a voice!" Then she got the starring (main.. roll?) when the choir sang at the greek national day.

She created an group with three latin americans when she was 13 and thinked "This I want to do all of my life!"

And then antique, the duo she created with Nikos Panagiotidis when she was 17 years and did her famous both in Sweden and Greece.

The feeling grew. It was her life.
Why?

- No, it was not about the success. It had actually been enough for me to sing in a piano bar. It is the music, that music can make people enjoy and feel good.

But there was no pianobar, she got to be a star in Greece and Sweden. And also she won ESC 2005.

It was first now she actually understand what happened and just soon she are going to Madrid. An festival. 500 000 peoples.
All the spring she have singed in Greece. A country that loves their stars and threat them like stars. With hysterical delight.

But the Greeks are also a people who can and cherish its history. Helena Paparizou says that the past year, she realized the importance of history and religion of the Greeks and that she can feel gratitude for how much she learned during the years of wear from the Greek school at home in Gothenburg.

- I understand why Greeks are proud to be Greeks, that Greece is still there. They've really struggled to keep their country and they have succeeded. Although they were slaves to the Turks for 400 years.

- My hero is Athanasios Diakonia, "she says as if he were an obvious historical name for us non-greeks.

For her and many Greeks, he is a historical fixed star. A man who fought against the Turks, was murdered by them in 1821 and became a historic martyr.

She have a another hero in his heart - Pippi Longstocking.

- Perhaps they maybe not fits to eachother, "she says.
Or do they do it. A Greek and Swedish. Two legs.

Helena Paparizou seems today to stand firm in their two cultures, but in Greece she knows she is Swedish and I in Sweden that she is Greek. Therefore, she is happy to share life with someone who has similar experience, fiance Toni Mavridis. He also has Greek parents and grew up in Rinkeby.

We have the same void in us, we are not belonging to Sweden or Greece.

- I am different here in Sweden, looks different, are dark, have much hair, everywhere.

- If i would have a completely swedish boyfriend he could say: "You and your fat relatives, do you really need to eat that much and be so noisy"

- If I would be with a from only Greek, yes. Then it would be many things that he didn't understand.

She was so young when the success came with the duo Antique and she says that early on made her mature and responsible, "afraid of life. "

- And my parents are there, still, always. They support and fighting. Fight?

- Yes, they give me resistance, so that I do not fly away. They tell me that I must fight. "We are not born rich. We must keep fighting."

- It's so easy to be trampled to death, whether one is known and not. And for those who are known to go way out much faster than uphill.

-----

Damn, was really horrible translated. But I had something to do.. Razz

many thanks!
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish" Empty Interview swedish Passagen 2005

Post  Samuel Tue May 31, 2011 4:50 am

I like to link to old interviews..
Just wonder if anyone remember this article, if noone knows about the article I can translate it tomorrow. No at super interesting or "serious" interview but it's something. Very Happy?

And I maybe should post this in a thread, maybe. But I haven't found any that I really can post it in.

Edit - also this:
Not so interesting either, but if I have the time I can translate it to. But maybe that only gets a google translate, so much text.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue May 31, 2011 5:11 am

LOL what a strange interview!

Thanks for the link!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Tue May 31, 2011 5:14 am

Yes, a very strange interview. Short answers. Razz
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue May 31, 2011 6:38 am

Swedish wrote:Yes, a very strange interview. Short answers. Razz

I don't mind Elena's answers. They seem honest to me. I don't like the questions in fact.

Btw just noticed the 2nd link you posted too. This is a far more interesting one, didn't know of this interview either. You've done a very good job finding old interviews today so thanks for that! Keep Paparizouing!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Tue May 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Translates the first article now, as usual not a perfect translation but hopefully understandable.

Name: Elena Paparizou
Astrological sign: Aquarius
Family: Fiance Toni Mavridis, 34
Lives: Stockholm
Good attribute: Kind
Bad attribute: Can be really angry
Loves to: eat
Hates: lies
Strange merit: Have talked to Naomi Campbell

Elena Paparizou, 23, had a breakthrough 1999 with the group "Antique". They got big hits with "Opa opa", "I'll die for you" and "Time to say goodbye". Now she invests in an solocareer. On saturday she are going to participate for Greece in ESC in Ukrain with "My number one".

Hello Elena, what's up?
- Cool!

Are you nervous for the performance on saturday?
- Yes, of course! In 2001 Antique had an great performance, so peoples expect something amazing now.

You are born and growth in Gothenborg. How was your childhood?
- Happy, I was a frisky, crazy girl and always wanted to stand at the center. When I was a teen I truant some from the school and lied to my parents.

In Greece you are a popgoddess. For a while ago you "jumped into" a famous greek tv-serie there you did the role as yourself. As an superdiva. How does the celebrity life affects your weekdays there?
- I need to be careful when I goes out. I dont go out with no one else so often. If i does I can't be alone. Sometimes it have been a little bit hysterical. But I dont want to exaggerate the problem, Im not madonna..

Say three celebrites you have as an idol, thanks!
Rickard Engfors, Lill-babs and Alexandra Pascalidou. Alexandra isn't only my idol. I also love her as an friend.

If you could save Rickard, Lill-babs and Alexandra from a sinking ship, except one, who would you let stay?
- Myself, I have actually saved Alexandra once. She was stuck in a elevator and sat there in one and a half hour. We was an artist team with 70 persons in the sam hous. The only one she shouted after was me.

Do Alexandra and you goes around on the street in Greece and looking at hot greeks?
- No, I believe she does it with someone else. I already have my fiance.

Why is Toni worth you?
- Because I are worth him. We are good together. Many greek women wonders how I can have the same boyfriend in six years. But the relation is just getting better. The love blooms and grows and are in ecstasy. I would be unhappy if I would be without him.

What did he write in the last SMS to you?
- "LU". Stands for "love you". He writes it 20 times a day.

How important is sex for you?
- Important, Sex is a big part in a relationship. But if it's badly between eachother, of course the sex becoming bad. But on the other side, sex can be great when you have fighted!

What does Toni and you quarrel about?
- Shit, as who it was that forget the keys to home on the cafe.

Are you getting married and get kids?
- Relationship-wise it would be funny to get kids now, but I still thinks that im to young. Probably we gets kids when I are around 28. And sure we are getting married. I don't want to be unmarried when we gets kids.

You are commute much in weight. For some years ago your weight was 52 kg. Then you was up to 72 and now your down to 60. What does it depend on?
- I dont know. I have got up and down in weight all my life - and still I have eated good. Sometimes I have some barb everywhere. That's pretty nice. I am not apperiance stated. The only time I have starved myself was when I was 15 years and got my first allergic shock. After that I got so afraid that I would get another one. So after that I lived on cheese, ham and water. Then my weight was only 49 kg.

What future dreams do you have?
- Of course I want to win the eurovision final this year. I don't go there to come last. Another dream is to get kids. And I also want to be an child psychologist

To last, Elena. What would you choose between. Get to an desert island and only get to use Bert Karlssons underpants as fishing net, seduce Clark Olofsson and try to choke him with a banan, or open your Eurovision-performance and go down in splits and roar "The prime minister is dead and the king is gay"?
- Oh my god, sure I can go down in split, but I don't want to say that the king is gay. He is handsome and nice. And I don't want to have future problems with that bank robber, I dont want to fish with Berts underwear either. Can not choose. I prefer to be home and clean!

Rickard Engfors (I am not actually sure about it is him she means, but anyhow):

Lill-babs:

Bert Karlsson:

Clark Olofsson (Not 100% sure here either, but I believe it's him but for some years ago..):
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:24 am

"Det vore ju rent skamligt att en massa greker ser på medan Grekland spöar Sverige i EM i fotboll ikväll. – Jag kan riktigt höra Georgios Paparizous kommentarer! Jodå, det är Elenas pappa. En helt ljuvlig familj, som förgyllt livet för många av oss, som hade Gallinis som favoritrestaurang, på den tiden det begav sig. Elena var då en ljuvlig, långbent skolflicka, med långa vackra flätor, som höll till i familjens restaurang. Hon och hennes brorsa brukade ge varandra en del tjuvnyp."

"It would be shameful to see alot of greeks, that looks at the game when Greece wins against Sweden on footballs Em tonight - I can really hear Georgiois Paparizsous comments! Yes, that is Elenas father. An beautiful family, that have gilt the life for many of us, that had Gallinis as favoriteresturant, when the time went. Elena was then a lovely, goofy schoolgirl, with long and beautiful braids, in her familys restaurant. Her and her brother used to give eachother a lot of digs. "

"Vi åtnjöt speciella favörer och HELA famnen öppnades av mamma, pappa och alla barnen Paparizou, närhelst vi steg innanför dörrarna och passerade vi bara förbi, såg vi glada händer som vinkade till oss. Föga anade jag väl då att den där långbenta, flickungen med långa flätor i den svarta klänningen, som ständigt smågnabbades med sin bror och som stod och kände på och beundrade min dotters långa lockiga hårflätor, samtidigt som hon pratade med oss, skulle bli den kända sångstjärnan Helena Paparizou i Eurovisionslagerfestivalen."

"We enjoyed special favors and the whole amrs opened of mother, dad and all the kids Paparizou, whenever we step inside the doors and passed by, we just saw happy hands that waved to us. I didn't sensed that long-legged, chick with long braids in the black dress, that always bickered with her brother and just stood, felt and admired my daughters long curly braids, while she talked to us, would be the famous singing star Helena Paparizou in Eurovisionschlagerfestival."
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Master League Nerd Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:14 am

Swedish wrote:Her and her brother used to give eachother a lot of digs.

Digs? What this mean properly?
Angry Master League Nerd
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2480
<b>Location</b> Allianz Arena

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=607860775&amp;amp;amp

Back to top Go down

Various Swedish Interviews translated by member "Swedish" Empty Translation

Post  Samuel Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Nick Markakis wrote:
Swedish wrote:Her and her brother used to give eachother a lot of digs.

Digs? What this mean properly?

Good question. I used the wrong word, I have no clue what I was thinking.

Lexikon says this:
Tjuvnyp - pinch; sly dig [used especially figuratively, "veiled wickedness"
tjuv|nyp substantiv (särskilt bildligt " dold elakhet"), pinch; sly dig [used especially figuratively, " veiled wickedness"]
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:34 pm

I have merged all of your translations in one thread. I think it's better this way. Very Happy
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Antique Dreams to play with the gods
Stockholm - Bromölla - Visby. That is how the scheme looks for the duo Antique and their musicians the first days of august. In autumn the emphasis is a launch abroad. USA and Greece Waits.

The clock is 16.30 and it's time for soundcheck. In Folkets hus (The people's house) there are wine and water that waits for thirsty artists. On the stage is Elena Paparizou and Nikos Panagiotidis, tonight in the group Antique. It isn't many free moments they have got since the ESC when they participated for Greece with "Anpethena" or "I'll die for you" as the name is in english.

Between the performances we travel the most of the time. We got two free days when we was in Greece. Then we slept alot, says Elena Paparizou. But she says that it isn't unusal that they want to go back to the tourlife when it is over. You yearn after that you got through, that you laughts at and the things that have been tough.

The best thing with a tour is to socialize to all in the band and have fun and when you see that the public have fun, does Nikos Panagiotidis fill in. The band is the same as last year, the difference is that this year they play completely live.

Earlier they had some instruments on an hard drive. Many of the fans wants it to sound exactly as it does on the disc, Nikos Panagiotidis says. But to get it to sound the same they need around 30 peoples that plays the different instruments and then buses and an scene to. We have only done one gig like that this summer. It was in Bulgaria on an promotionperformance for an tv-channel, he says. Bulgaria?

Yes, we are really big there. On the fall it gets to be more promotion, need to surf on the wave of success. The schlagercontribution have sold platina in Greece and it is there Antique travels and them are going to be there until march next year. But first it's time for a smaller trip to USA, they going there in september. We are going to do eight promotionperformances for radios there, Elena Paparizou says. In USA it being all of the packet on the same time. Also the hits from 1999: "Opa opa" and "Dinata Dinata". Until april they have plans. After Greece there are Austria. But actually, Elena Paparizou does not like to plan to long in advance. I preferably only takes one day forward, she says.

Nikos Panagiotidis have no problems to talk about when he is about 60 years old. - Then I want a family, kids and grandchildrens and be with them and have fun. But I can't think to be on an tour, maybe one gig a year, he thinking.
In the newspapers list over Swedens popstars 1999 Elena Paparizou took place 16 with the explaining "Is all Samla Hayek wanted to be in "54" but didn't success with". Some critics wanted that Antique would play on Elenas sexiness a little bit more. What does she thinks about that?

- I have got some deals from both Slitz and Café, but to pose in underwears is nothing i do. It isn't my job, i am a singer and I want to be an good ideal. She says with heat. On which way do you want to be a good ideal`- When you are seen alot you need to be sensible. I want to say that you should be on school, you should be yourself and you can do something good.

Elena Paparizou says that she have got critics for that she sayed about the fire, that she lost her friends in "diskoteksbranden i göteborg". But she stands for the things she have said because she thinks that it can help kids and youth. - Then they see that they aren't alone to take part of difficult things and it is not a obstacle to be a star, she says. Another side of the musiclife is to get famous, both for the songs, music and the scenshow.

But the critics does not always get correct. In "Musikjournalens" flip or flop friday the 13 april this year it was predicted that "Die for you" would be a flop. That prophecy was not correct at all. So what does they think about reviews in fact? - We are pleased to read them, both good and bad. But you wonders some, sometimes when the newspapers let they whou usually reviews hardrock, reviews our music next time, does Nikos Panagiotidis says.

Elena Paparizou agree and state, thay who writes about our music don't always don't look on the circumstances about the concert, before they reviews. She gives an example - A girl wroted that it was only kids around 7 and 12 years in the public and commented that it was probably them that Antique tunrs to. But it wasn't so strange that it was only kids in the public, it was graduation when we appeared and the concert was to them, she says.

Now it's time to operate seriously with the soundcheck vefore tonights concert, but a last question the duo have time to. Is there any special scene that you want to be on? - Akropolis. Not all can't stand on that, not even Jean-Michael Jarre that is big in Greece got permission to play there, Nikos Panagiotidis says. - Yes, akroplois, definitely. But they are afriad of that in Greece, maybe they want to let the gods be, Elena Paparizou agree.

---
As usual an bad translation, but hopefully you understand it!

Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:09 am

Hopefully this interview isn't translated yet. I doing my best trying translate. smile
I also hope that you understand it. smile

DN meeted the favorite

Norway went to finals, as everyone thought, and Moldavias debut, with grandmother and rockinchair and everything.

But it is not many that think that the winner is among the ten that qualified to the finals yesterday. DN meeted the real favorite, swedish Helena Paparizou that compete for Greece.

Helena Paparizou, 23, was angry, upset and irritable. But still on a good mood, but most of all: angry

- I hate all this double standard, she snorts.

It isn't DN that take up the subject, platicoperations, sexiness and digressions. She does it herself.

Recently new pictures was taken on her, with underwear to a swedish guy paper.

- We lives in a free country, we have free sexuality. I am so tired that peoples pretend that it isn't like that.
Folks goes on vacation and see girls topless. What happens if grown up peoples see me in bh?
Why should peoples care about if there are someone that not want to have their wrinkles and need some botox?
And do you know, peoples asking all the time if I have silikon in my lips. But there are a trick to look at it.
When you take lip stick and smears it out like this, then it is visible if the lips flatten or not, does Helena Paparizou says and does the "international lip stick smearing mien"

- This is how I look, and I have looked like this since I was ten, sort of.

She suddenly laughts, a little bit abreact, and does not protest when I suggest that we should talk about music and festival a while.

- I thrives in Kiev. I have my dreamteam around me, my make up and my hairdresser and my vocal coach and my personal assistent and my choreographer. Gets my to relax.

It is now four years ago Helena represented Greece in the festival last time, then in the duo Antique. They came at third place that time in Köpenhamn with "Die for you" and got something rare in festival context as an consisting hit.

Elena Paparizou is growth in Gothenborg as kids to greek parents. She talks an low frequency, vivid and spavived göteborgska (dialect).
Mum Paparizou came to Borås once upon a time to work at "Algots textilindustri".

Nowadays Helena spell her name with a H so the name gets the right pronounced everywhere.

- The career is a little bit riven on that way. My new disc have songs both on greek and english. Next time maybe it be on swedish.
I don't need to choice it and I dont want to select it either.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  sonya Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:26 am

Many thanks for the translations! Interesting interviews!
sonya
sonya
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 299
<b>Location</b> Bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:28 am

Now it's time for a interview from 2006. I got tired of it around halfway and began to use Google Translate and just did some changes so you would understand it. Sorry. It is a old interview so I thought it wasn't so needed. Razz

The world waits for last years winner

It have been one year. We find the reason that the greek schalger party danced by the sea.
- I have got what i needed. Now I want to have a stable career. Elena Paparizou, 24, says.

It is afternoon, but the suns rays still burns nasty to unprotected swedes. We have driven five miles on an freeway outside the
city, to the wonerful and little part Anavissos and the beach Agiou Nikolau. Here does the Aegean sea waves into the wind.

It is also here we find last years göteborgska winner Elena Paparizou. Around 15 models, cool boys with six packs and
beautiful girls that probably never had eaten food, dances to Elenas new single Mambo. The international videorecording
is on the way. GP is the only paper that have been invited - by Elena and her boyfriend, manager Tony Mavridis.
- Hello Götet! I will be there soon, when the team is changing the light, she says as soon she sees us.

One year have passed quickly. But don't think that Elena have been cocky. Sunburnt and with the shortest white ress you can
think of she dances in under the shots and arrive directly when the director have got the things he want. Hug and kisses on
cheek as always in southern europe.

-It is fun that you came here. It is a amazing day!
Yes, to say the least. After the win in Kiev with My number one there have been a lot new things for Elena. For example she
have moved from Sweden and buyed a house with seaview in Glyfada outside Athen.

- Yes. It was not possible to live on two places in the long run. I have been in Greece the three last years and have two sets
of clothes and everything possible was to much trouble. I know that I always is welcomed home to a nice villa in Sävedalen
when I want to. Mum is even going to remake my room. With double bed and all. Now when I have a husband.

The smile is close and in one of the recording pauses, we sits down on the wonderful beach cafe and gets invited to a frappe.
Ice-cold strong coffee, with milk and almost no sugar. Fantastically good.

- Just don't drink to fast. If you do it gives you a caffeine shock, says Elena and takes a cigarette.
- I'll stop! Snus is probably better for the voice. Just the portionvariant...

Seconds later, the stylist Al Giga pops up and wants to put on her a straw cowboy hat when he discovered GP's reporters.
- Never! Then it destroys my beautiful hair, Elena grins.

So, what have you got out of your victory in the Eurovision Song Contest?
- I got what I needed.

But not what you wanted?
- I want a stable career. And a great career. The fault last year was that we did not have a perfect English album when victory came.
We have it for this launch. So there will be no holiday for me this summer either. Sigh.

The world is waiting, that is. This Saturday is Elena entertainment between the competing contributions. Both the winner song My Number One and the new single Mambo, she will perform in the giant basketball stadium, where Olympic's finals were held a few years ago.
- It's pretty cool to know that I am the cause of this party, that the Greeks partying in Athens these two weeks. Then I feel proud.
Now playing an English-language album in with Sony BMG International. It will be available in stores in August and the single Mambo,
which has just this video is for, is already high on the lists. At least in Greece. And Sweden.

- It feels like a World Cup-hit. It has the chorus for it anyway, Elena laughing during a break.

It has obviously not only been good with the win in ESC to.. Elena has changed her phone number after the Kiev adventure. And it has had time to spin a lot of rumors about the Partille pop girl number one. Cancer, silicone in the lips, canceled jobs in Sweden while she stood on stage in Greece ...

- It's not fun to hear. So I turned off my phone. The press was at home with my mother and would take pictures. Sure that a celebrity may take some paparazzi consequences, but in terms of health, you show respect. Sweden has no law that will protect you there. How many times have you read Marie Fredriksson speak out about her disease?

Elena continues. A bit upset.

- When it is about operations anyone with silicone can't do this with their lips, she says, making lip gymnastics.

- And I would have bought me a new pair of boobs, it is my thing, my decision. I would tell it. I'm not saying people should do a plastic surgery,
but it is people's own choices. Maybe they needed it, to feel good. It is their own business in this case. Naturally, I thought, earlier in my life, I wanted to do it and talked to several doctors. They just said I wasn't ready for it. So I never did anything.

On the small beach at the Aegean Sea together some holiday celebrations and curious kids. And it turns out that many have moved out from Sweden, Swedes like to watch when a hitvideo becomes. The frapp is empty . Elena's makeup is being fixed. Now, the video recording have moved out on the beach and it remains a few hours before the director can say, That's a wrap. However it sounds in Greek.
- Just do me a favor. Greet home for all in Gothenburg and say that I love them!

Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:03 pm

I wasn't aware of this interview. Many thanks for the link! She always "sounds" a little different in her swedish interviews, can't explain the reason why...
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 am

thank you so much for all of your translations!!!!
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Linen Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:20 pm

I really apricciate that you translated these articles, because I know it takes a long time smile
I know I'm promised a long time ago to someone I would translate a few articles but I'm really sorry I haven't. I've not been on the forum as often as I wanted too :(
Linen
Linen
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2103
<b>Location</b> Narnia

http://www.twitter.com/IviSweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm just posting these here, maybe you feel bored one day... big grin

the red one is from 2001 I think and the white one from 2006.

no request, but anyway you maybe don't know these articles yet and are interested in reading them.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 pm

found two more articles:

Kypris Athina wrote:I'm just posting these here, maybe you feel bored one day... big grin

the red one is from 2001 I think and the white one from 2006.

no request, but anyway you maybe don't know these articles yet and are interested in reading them.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Derek wrote:I wasn't aware of this interview. Many thanks for the link! She always "sounds" a little different in her swedish interviews, can't explain the reason why...

I can rofl believe me, it'snot just your impression! lol!
in the swedish intevriews she says that she does not wanna have children without being married and in Greece she tells the opposite lol! and it's not a question of the year if i remember right... there are more things like this actually. big grin

help please!

Snus är nog bättre för rösten.
smoke (???) is most likely better for her voice.

Fast portions varianten -
it became one package/only the amount matters ?????
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 am

Kypris Athina wrote:
Derek wrote:I wasn't aware of this interview. Many thanks for the link! She always "sounds" a little different in her swedish interviews, can't explain the reason why...

in the swedish intevriews she says that she does not wanna have children without being married and in Greece she tells the opposite lol! and it's not a question of the year if i remember right... there are more things like this actually. big grin

help please!

No, Snus is something that is used in Sweden for the most (And a little in scandinavia) You place it in your upper lip.

This is two kinds of snus:

So it is not smoke. Razz
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:54 am

Hm. But what does She mean then? She will stop smoking, she says. And then the Journalist says that this snus, whatever it is (is it kind of a tabac?), is better for her Voice. And that She Took a Full Punch of it, or what? Makes no Sense to me... I edited the Interview for the Magazine so i Need to understand, that's why I insist so much on it! :-) Thanks!

Swedish wrote:
Kypris Athina wrote:

help please!

No, Snus is something that is used in Sweden for the most (And a little in scandinavia) You place it in your upper lip.

This is two kinds of snus:

So it is not smoke. Razz
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:09 am

It is she that says that she will stop smoking (Probably some sort of a joke). And that she should begin to use the snus instead. Wasn't so clear on that.

And about that "Just the portionvariant..." I don't really know what she means there. Not on swedish either... There are different types of snus and one of them are the.. portionvariant. Maybe she means that it isn't so fresh or something.

By the way.. it was now that I saw that you linked to some other articles. Im going to translate them when I have the time. Maybe tomorrow. Very Happy
They was new to me. Very Happy
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:11 pm

tack sa mycket for your help!!! I will see now what to make out of this part!

no stress about the other mags, just if you ever feel like it...!
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 am

I have translated around 40% of the Frida-article. Sometime im going to get the time to do the rest hopefully. smile
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Swedish wrote:I have translated around 40% of the Frida-article. Sometime im going to get the time to do the rest hopefully. smile

cool, thanks. take your time however!
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:29 am

Kypris Athina wrote:

help please!

My impression is that she often sounds more defensive and strict with the swedish journalists whereas in her Greek interviews she is usually more easy-going and friendly. Not all her Swedish interviews are like that but I have noticed that in quite a few. As for her contradictions, well if you read/watch her interviews from over the years you will notice that she has slightly changed her opinion on a number of things (e.g. she always picks a different "favourite animal" in every interview rofl) but she certainly sounds/seems honest and genuine, no doubt about that.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Norweigan Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:34 pm

I think "snus" in swedish means "snuff" and not smoke, if I'm not mistaken?
Norweigan
Norweigan
Paparizouing
Paparizouing

<b>Posts</b> 171
<b>Location</b> Norway

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Norweigan wrote:I think "snus" in swedish means "snuff" and not smoke, if I'm not mistaken?

Snus means snus in english to. smile
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down