Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About deletion of thread

+2
Labros!
Samuel
6 posters

Go down

About deletion of thread Empty About deletion of thread

Post  Samuel Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:21 pm

I see that someone have deleted the old "Listening on right now"-thread, and not even putting it in the "archives" forum, why not?

Sure, the "listening to now"-thread is probably one of the few threads you don't look in after some years. But still a forum is about history and it is always interesting to read old threads when there is nothing else to do. So why not make the "archives" forum a place which don't count posts, and then put the threads in there. There then will be two good parts, firstly the posts in that forum will not be counted in the post counter, and secondly it will be available for everyone to see as it should be, but isn't now.

Or maybe, in all honest maybe "Less Paparicious forums" shouldn't be counted in the count posts?
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

About deletion of thread Empty Re: About deletion of thread

Post  Labros! Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Svenskjäveln wrote:I see that someone have deleted the old "Listening on right now"-thread, and not even putting it in the "archives" forum, why not?
spam cleaner

Svenskjäveln wrote:Or maybe, in all honest maybe "Less Paparicious forums" shouldn't be counted in the count posts?
I agree, but I don't know if it's possible. Hopefully someone can enlighten us Very Happy
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:33 pm

I know it was possible with the Phpbb3 forum I had from a feature like forumotion, but maybe the admin panel looks different here.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 pm

As far as I know no one is allowed to remove/delete threads or individual posts unless it is something that has infringed some of our fundemental rules or a double post, etc. So I really hope nothing has been deleted. I'm with SvenskJ on this one.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Derek wrote:As far as I know no one is allowed to remove/delete threads or individual posts unless it is something that has infringed some of our fundemental rules or a double posts, etc. So I really hope nothing has been deleted and I'm with SvenskJ on this one.
I remember Reb used to delete those threads because she didn't want them to become the most active part of the forum. That's why I deleted it ;-)
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Derek wrote:As far as I know no one is allowed to remove/delete threads or individual posts unless it is something that has infringed some of our fundemental rules or a double post, etc. So I really hope nothing has been deleted. I'm with SvenskJ on this one.
Only a little less then 1000 posts have been deleted. lol!

Well, if you are worried to make that the more popular section (as I find it now) you should hide it with stop counting the posts in these forums then. The best solution.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Svenskjäveln wrote:Well, if you are worried to make that the more popular section (as I find it now) you should hide it with stop counting the posts in these forums then. The best solution.
+1. I just didn't know there was such option.
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Well, I can't assure you can do it with forumotion. But it worked for me with another hoster that is similar and also with phpbb3.

I do not remember to 100%, but I think the option for that is in the admin panel and where you create forums. When you see the forums in that tab you click on the edit button for the forums you want to change and there the option for not counting posts should be.

Edit - I created a forum now and looked, it is for sure not the same admin panel. I can't find an option to do it. dislike
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Labros! wrote:
Derek wrote:As far as I know no one is allowed to remove/delete threads or individual posts unless it is something that has infringed some of our fundemental rules or a double posts, etc. So I really hope nothing has been deleted and I'm with SvenskJ on this one.
I remember Reb used to delete those threads because she didn't want them to become the most active part of the forum. That's why I deleted it ;-)

Well that wasn't right then and it's not right now. There are other ways to avoid making it the most active part of the forum such as locking it, moving it to archives or setting up certain restrictions (e.g. rule: no more than x number of posts allowed for a member in y section of the forum). Deleting threads or discussions (in a thread) is not an option for any of us mods as far as I know.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 pm

I just realised: Forumotion isn't that good. Very few options, for sure there are better hosts out there.

Derek - How could then Alene delete that thread? Razz
By the way, making a restriction of how many posts you can do is a bad idea I think. It will just make people frustrated when they reached it and can't discuss any more.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Svenskjäveln wrote:I just realised: Forumotion isn't that good. Very few options, for sure there are better hosts out there.

Derek - How could then Alene delete that thread? Razz
By the way, making a restriction of how many posts you can do is a bad idea I think. It will just make people frustrated when they reached it and can't discuss any more.

What thread did Alene delete?

Good point! Well maybe not a direct restriction (e.g. a specific number of posts) but some members who post far too much in certain threads could be reminded by us mods that they should also post in other sections of the forum and limit their activity in the non-Paparizou sections or else they will get warnings and with e.g. 5 warnings they might get a week ban from the forum. I mean there are many ways how to work this out but deleting threads is certainly not one of them.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:33 pm

The old (not the newest) listening to now thread was deleted. But it was not maybe Alene, sorry. It was maybe Labros.

And if I get restricted posting in the "Less Paparicious Area" and I get warnings, it will not make me post more in the Paparizou sections. It will instead probably make me spending less time online and less posts will be made from me both in "Less Paparicious Area" (of course) and the Paparizou section.

A big part of a forum for me is the other members, and the availability to post with them about other things then what the forum is about, Helena in this case.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:43 am

Derek wrote:
Labros! wrote:

Well that wasn't right then and it's not right now. There are other ways to avoid making it the most active part of the forum such as locking it, moving it to archives or setting up certain restrictions (e.g. rule: no more than x number of posts allowed for a member in y section of the forum). Deleting threads or discussions (in a thread) is not an option for any of us mods as far as I know.
I don't think there were any discussions in that thread. By the way it was already locked but according to the statistics posted somewhere by Tina it was the most active topic on the forum. If we set up any rules, we should consider allowing only 1 post per day (for every member) in threads such as "What are you listening to...", "Word Association" etc.
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 am

That would destroy the fun of those threads. The best solution would for sure would be jot counting the posts in that, sadly it seems like it doesn't work to do so on forumotion.

Only making 1 post each day in threads, wouldn't make the Paparizou threads more active. It would just ruin the fun.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:42 am

Well, I know that post totals are extremely important for many people but that doesn't make you a better fan/forum member. What really matters is your contribution. It's a much better fan someone that has like 1000 posts on Elena's sections than someone who has like 5000 post, most of them on the general areas.
Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:58 pm

zore_riot wrote:Well, I know that post totals are extremely important for many people but that doesn't make you a better fan/forum member. What really matters is your contribution. It's a much better fan someone that has like 1000 posts on Elena's sections than someone who has like 5000 post, most of them on the general areas.
Well, even if the post count is fun to watch on. It is not important for me and I would have no problem if the post counter wouldn't count in some forums.

Then, a "Listening to now"-thread isn't that important and is nothing I am "sad" over. But if that thread gets deleted other threads also don't feel safe, for example the "lucky & unlucky"-thread. If that thread would get deleted it wouldn't be so nice. Because that thread is fun to read and in two years I might read through the beginning and see the humour in how everything changes all the time. Also the same with "eternity history" and many other subjects in the "Less Paparicious Area".

And of course a person who posts in the Elena-related forum is "better". But then, think about this. What is best?
1. Person A, have 1000 posts in the Elena-related forums and 5000 posts in the "Less Paparicious Area".
2. Person B, have 1000 posts in the Elena-related forums and 0 posts in the "Less Paparicious Area".

Person B will wake up more discussion in the other forum parts but also he will discuss in the Elena-related. A post from one member will likely make so another also post. So that maybe is why the "Less Paparicious Area" feels more active. And I see absolutely no wrong with that. Why is it a problem if the not Helena-related forums is more active? If I only have time for checking a few forums here, I firstly will check the Elena-related forums and post and after that I will look at "Less Paparicious Area". You do not lose anything on having an active "Less Paparicious Area", it makes just more chance of an more active forum in also other parts.

I might be a "Person A" and you maybe think I spam, but it is not what I think to do and we should remember. An status of how "good" an member is, is not decided by how many posts she or he have. The post count in that situations should be ignored and instead other things should be looked at, that is how other members thinks of him/her and maybe also the contribution points.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  alene Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 pm

First of all, I have not deleted any thread. Secondly, I'm afraid that allowing only 1 post per day in such threads would make people not to want to take part in the forum so much (so, there would be even less participation in the Elena related threads) but if there are some people (I'm not referring to anybody, just broadly speaking) who basically participate in those threads and barely in Elena's ones, maybe that restriction would be a solution, since it is basically a forum dedicated to her (although there is space for much more, of course!). And last but no least, that thing of no counting posts sounded really good, but as I have understood there's no such option here, right?
alene
alene

<b>Posts</b> 4340
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:00 am

Svenskjäveln wrote:
zore_riot wrote:Well, I know that post totals are extremely important for many people but that doesn't make you a better fan/forum member. What really matters is your contribution. It's a much better fan someone that has like 1000 posts on Elena's sections than someone who has like 5000 post, most of them on the general areas.
Well, even if the post count is fun to watch on. It is not important for me and I would have no problem if the post counter wouldn't count in some forums.

Then, a "Listening to now"-thread isn't that important and is nothing I am "sad" over. But if that thread gets deleted other threads also don't feel safe, for example the "lucky & unlucky"-thread. If that thread would get deleted it wouldn't be so nice. Because that thread is fun to read and in two years I might read through the beginning and see the humour in how everything changes all the time. Also the same with "eternity history" and many other subjects in the "Less Paparicious Area".

And of course a person who posts in the Elena-related forum is "better". But then, think about this. What is best?
1. Person A, have 1000 posts in the Elena-related forums and 5000 posts in the "Less Paparicious Area".
2. Person B, have 1000 posts in the Elena-related forums and 0 posts in the "Less Paparicious Area".

Person B will wake up more discussion in the other forum parts but also he will discuss in the Elena-related. A post from one member will likely make so another also post. So that maybe is why the "Less Paparicious Area" feels more active. And I see absolutely no wrong with that. Why is it a problem if the not Helena-related forums is more active? If I only have time for checking a few forums here, I firstly will check the Elena-related forums and post and after that I will look at "Less Paparicious Area". You do not lose anything on having an active "Less Paparicious Area", it makes just more chance of an more active forum in also other parts.

I might be a "Person A" and you maybe think I spam, but it is not what I think to do and we should remember. An status of how "good" an member is, is not decided by how many posts she or he have. The post count in that situations should be ignored and instead other things should be looked at, that is how other members thinks of him/her and maybe also the contribution points.

I was just trying to state that there's no need to have threads where posts don't count or are limited lol!
Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:32 pm

alene wrote:First of all, I have not deleted any thread. Secondly, I'm afraid that allowing only 1 post per day in such threads would make people not to want to take part in the forum so much (so, there would be even less participation in the Elena related threads) but if there are some people (I'm not referring to anybody, just broadly speaking) who basically participate in those threads and barely in Elena's ones, maybe that restriction would be a solution, since it is basically a forum dedicated to her (although there is space for much more, of course!). And last but no least, that thing of no counting posts sounded really good, but as I have understood there's no such option here, right?
I do not think a restriction would help. Maybe for someone, but mostly I think they would still just post mainly in the Less Paparicious Area, but instead less posts because of a restriction. Instead, a good idea would maybe be to give them a tip to look in the "Polls & opinions"-forum, which is a easy forum to post much about Helena in. Participate daily in the elimination track game and tell their opinions about Helenas songs and other. But NOT force them to do it, that will probably instead just make them mad and not being as much on the forum anymore.

And I created a forum on forumotion and looked if it was possible to disable the post count in different forums, I couldn't find any option for that. Maybe it is something to talk about in the forumotion help center. Because I know it is possible to make such a function, because I had a forum on another feature before (egetforum).

zore_riot wrote:I was just trying to state that there's no need to have threads where posts don't count or are limited lol!
Good then. Razz
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Svenskjäveln wrote:The old (not the newest) listening to now thread was deleted. But it was not maybe Alene, sorry. It was maybe Labros.

And if I get restricted posting in the "Less Paparicious Area" and I get warnings, it will not make me post more in the Paparizou sections. It will instead probably make me spending less time online and less posts will be made from me both in "Less Paparicious Area" (of course) and the Paparizou section.

A big part of a forum for me is the other members, and the availability to post with them about other things then what the forum is about, Helena in this case.

I understand what you are saying, on the other hand there are certain threads that keep showing up on top of the "posts since last visit" section which can appear as a bit annoying among threads about Paparizou for all of us not so interested in non-Paparizou discussions in a forum about Paparizou. I don't deny I need my daily (or maybe weekly) dose of non-Paparizou discussion on Paparizou forum but not to such a great extent as I think that changes the forum's original goal/point so what's most important is for those members who post a lot in these forums to put restrictions upon themselves and realize they can't post a lot more there than they do in Paparizou related threads. I can't tell you or others how much you should post there but do you find it sensible to write about every song you listen to on the "what are you listening to now" thread? You might as well write about 2-3 songs on a daily basis. I bet no one is so interested in knowing your entire playlist or anyone's playlist so to speak.

Labros! wrote:
Derek wrote:
Labros! wrote:

I don't think there were any discussions in that thread. By the way it was already locked but according to the statistics posted somewhere by Tina it was the most active topic on the forum. If we set up any rules, we should consider allowing only 1 post per day (for every member) in threads such as "What are you listening to...", "Word Association" etc.

1 post per day sounds a little strict to me. I mean when members want to post more and they aren't allowed to because of certain restrictions that probably results in frustration and eventually less active members. We don't want that because that could have a negative effect on the activity going on in Paparizou related sections too. What we want is to put some sort of regulation to this and kindly advise members to make more proper use of the forums but still feeling free to post in any part of the forum they want. After all there is no breach of rules when you are a more active member in non-Paparizou threads. I know it can be a bit frustrating for us mods and the more active members who usually check everything on the forum to come across senseless posts of little to zero value but they can still choose to ignore them. As for the post count, I don't really think anyone should care about it. I've stopped looking at my post count since more than 1-2 years ago and it hasn't made any difference to my activity. Active members should have the logic and sensibility to understand who are the forum's important contributors without looking at their post count. The contribution points is a pretty good measure of someone's contribution too (although not entirely accurate).

alene wrote:First of all, I have not deleted any thread. Secondly, I'm afraid that allowing only 1 post per day in such threads would make people not to want to take part in the forum so much (so, there would be even less participation in the Elena related threads) but if there are some people (I'm not referring to anybody, just broadly speaking) who basically participate in those threads and barely in Elena's ones, maybe that restriction would be a solution, since it is basically a forum dedicated to her (although there is space for much more, of course!). And last but no least, that thing of no counting posts sounded really good, but as I have understood there's no such option here, right?

Couldn't agree more with you and I was so sure you hadn't deleted any thread. I mean being a perfectionist you are often afraid of moving a thread, how would you delete one? lol! Keep Paparizouing!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Labros! wrote:

yes. you did the right thing Labros.

Svenskjäveln wrote:
Derek wrote:As far as I know no one is allowed to remove/delete threads or individual posts unless it is something that has infringed some of our fundemental rules or a double post, etc. So I really hope nothing has been deleted. I'm with SvenskJ on this one.
Only a little less then 1000 posts have been deleted. lol!

Well, if you are worried to make that the more popular section (as I find it now) you should hide it with stop counting the posts in these forums then. The best solution.

don't u think that if it was possible we would have done it right at the beginning?
TinaCZ
TinaCZ
Admin

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Geez, what a discussion. If the thread was deleted and you want to continue in it just make a new thread. No big deal. You just have to count with the fact that it will be deleted again in the future. And the same goes for other non Paparizou threads. Maybe the person who deletes the thread should make a new one. And if it's about the number of posts someone made there - since when are we here only for the number?
TinaCZ
TinaCZ
Admin

<b>Posts</b> 6163

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 pm

TinaCZ wrote:Geez, what a discussion. If the thread was deleted and you want to continue in it just make a new thread. No big deal. You just have to count with the fact that it will be deleted again in the future. And the same goes for other non Paparizou threads. Maybe the person who deletes the thread should make a new one. And if it's about the number of posts someone made there - since when are we here only for the number?

Since it's not about the post count why should any non Paparizou threads be deleted then Tina? Maybe some members (like SvenskJ previously said) like to go back in time and watch/read old discussions in non-Paparizou threads. I don't get the point of deleting threads. Why don't we completely remove the Poly mpla mpla section and put a chat box in its place then? Sounds logical to me if everything there is temporary. Do you see what I'm trying to say? Wink
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:21 am

I mean those game threads in the "just for fun" section. Not discussions.
TinaCZ
TinaCZ
Admin

<b>Posts</b> 6163

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:34 am

TinaCZ wrote:I mean those game threads in the "just for fun" section. Not discussions.
The now playing thread isn't that interesting. But many other games is fun to read as I said earlier, like "luckily & unlucky".
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:53 am

TinaCZ wrote:I mean those game threads in the "just for fun" section. Not discussions.

OK cause "And the same goes for other non Paparizou threads" gave me a different impression at first. But if this is just about pointless threads (not that I really know what all of these threads are about) fine. Wink Keep Paparizouing!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 am

Well I would never delete the "Random Discussion" since -as the title says- it's a discussion. But I could split some game threads (the not-so-interesting ones) and delete the oldest parts if there's no problem. Thanks Tina btw.
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 am

Labros! wrote:Well I would never delete the "Random Discussion" since -as the title says- it's a discussion. But I could split some game threads (the not-so-interesting ones) and delete the oldest parts if there's no problem. Thanks Tina btw.
But maybe you find some threads boring and other doesn't? For example, "the number thread" isn't the most interesting thread but can be something. And if posts are deleted from that one, the point of that thread is gone. Also we have the more interesting threads like "luckily & unluckily", "eternity story", "compliment thread", "funny pictures and videos" and so on, which also have posts which can be fun to read in the future. And that was only a few of the threads, so I hope you look up if it is an "interesting" thread or not if you delete old parts. help me!
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:38 am

lol don''t worry I won't delete everything. I was actually talking about "Word Association" which has more than 650 replies. But if you care that much I won't bother deleting any thread at all.
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:52 am

Derek wrote:

OK cause "And the same goes for other non Paparizou threads" gave me a different impression at first. But if this is just about pointless threads (not that I really know what all of these threads are about) fine. Wink Keep Paparizouing!

I know. I'm sorry. I forgot to write "game threads". This happens when I think about too many things at the same time. disbelief

TinaCZ
TinaCZ
Admin

<b>Posts</b> 6163

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:31 am

TinaCZ wrote:
Derek wrote:

I know. I'm sorry. I forgot to write "game threads". This happens when I think about too many things at the same time. disbelief

No problem Tina. I am aware of this feeling.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down