Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved]

+3
Akos Kirsch
Panagiotis
Chris
7 posters

Go down

Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved] Empty Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved]

Post  Panagiotis Wed May 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Helena was interviewed by Nikos Georgiadis. The interview is very interesting. To be posted in English within the next hours.. Keep Paparizouing!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I want to create a family with Andreas

It's Palm Sunday afternoon, at Kolonaki Square, with the temperature reminding of summer. Helena is sitting outdoors at cafe Vivliothiki, and she is drinking hot chamomile, her favorite drink, as she says, which her  friends are teasing her for. She is not hiding behind black glasses. She is wearing tight faded jeans, a V-neck top and high platforms. A man is approaching her, and tells her that he is also coming from Mouzaki Karditsas. Her eyes shine every time she mentions Mouzaki, where she spent her summer holidays as a child, and where -even now- is her hideaway. Almost a year has passed since she last had an interview. Since then, many things in her life have changed: she fell in love, moved to a new place, lost weight, changed her label. Nevertheless, Helena didn't lose her spontaneity and her optimistic view on things. She is talking with excitement about her new CD, titled "Ti Ora tha Vgoume", coming out in a few days, about the nice moments she had on studio, and the talented composers and lyricists who have written songs for it, among them: Nikos Antipas, Nikos Moraitis, Giorgos Papadopoulos, Giannis Doxas & Meth from Stavento.

I have the feeling that some people tried to make you lose your spontaneity lately.
In our lives we get through several phases. For now, I want to be calm. I don't chase adventure. The genre may be pop, but it has many ballads. I never hid in my entire life, it would be false to fake something else from what I am.

That may have harmed you?"
I don't know if it harmed me, but I am sure it was real. When I am not feeling good, I can't hide it. I need to be real in my life. When some time ago I was leaving from "Paidika Horia SOS", I saw a man playing clarinet at Voulagmenis Ave. I was stoned! I opened the window of the car, and started screaming to him "Fare Well Man!". I like to be be spontaneous and get about my positive energy.

Don't you feel like bursting, when someone you consider as a friend, suddenly opposes to you?
I get sad for sure, and I complain, I am human. I know that I am clear inside, and I have to get over it. If I have made mistakes I have to correct them. I have apologized many times throughout my life. Saying you are sorry is just like love, it brings you closer to the other. The aim must be to get better, not worst. At some points it is convenient to be an artist, you say that everyone must be standing you because you can get very emotional. Even I can wake up one morning and be "sour", and blame everything without having happened anything. But I get so muvh love around me, especially when I am out of Athens. Some days ago, I was at Pirgos, I got into a flower shop, and when the owner saw me, got into my arms, and she wouldn't let me go.

Some other artist could have been bothered.
I like living everything that is true. Even if I was a mess psychologically, I lived it to the end. Before I found someone in my life, I was good for a long time, I felt ready. If you have negative residues, you get suspicious. That man got into my life on the right moment.

Is it better to hang out with a person out of showbiz?"
Yes! (laughing). Andreas occupies with completely different things, he needed time to get to know showbiz, but finally he accepted it in a very nice way. In the beginning it was difficult though. For sure it wasn't pleasant to him that there were photographers at the memorial of his uncle. I want to protect our families. When my father died, I had sent a letter to the journalists asking them to let us bury him without publicity. At that moments I was just George's daughter. Even if my career it's half of my life -I 've been singing for 14 years- but my family is my refugee. Whatever is happening to me, I will call either my mom or my siblings so as to share it with them.

That's why you had returned to Sweden back then?"
Yes. I think it was the best thing I could do. Nobody here could really support me. I had said back then that I would quit singing, and I would never return to Greece.

What made you change your mind?
People's love. I told to myself "Since you love so much what you do, you must return". Now that moment seems far away from me, but it helped me at the same time. I can now appreciate more whatever good happening to me. Every time that I 'm about to make myself or someone else sad, I reverse it. I don't want to make anyone sad anymore, and neither do I let anyone do anything similar to me. Now, when I don't like something, I say it without second thought. In the past I would keep everything to myself. I think we have made our relationships complicated without any reason. That's why I try to be as optimistic as possible.

is Andreas responsible for any of that changes?
When I left from Greece, I didn't only seal in my mothers house. I did several different things. I visited a psychologist again, because many of my phobias had arose again. I was suffering from agoraphobia, and I was scared of heights. I couldn't even sit on my balcony. These things require some work, you need to face your fears. [..]

So you are now steady on your feet.
Yes. I would never like to be less than 15 y.o. I like being 31. My friends who are around 40 years old, are telling me that the closer you get the better you feel, provided that you love and take care of yourself.

Is Andreas your family now?
Yes, he is. Since we live together, and he is the first person I see when I wake up, and the last before I sleep, he is my family.

Are you finally getting married?
There is no official engagement. He bought me a ring as a present and he told me: "Elenaki, I want to live the rest of my life with you, because I cannot imagine it without you". And as he was giving it to me, I told him "Andreas, I can't imagine my life without you either", and I put the ring on. It's like there was a proposal, without having set the date. What I want is to be well together, and end with a marriage and not a divorce! To have a nice family. It's a blessing to have your own kids. And if you can't, to adopt. It's equally great.I believe that I will be an amazing mother, and I have picked a great partner to have kids with.

Would you have a break from your career?
It's hard to answer that. For sure, I wouldn't like singing with a big belly. Forcefully there would be a break so as the body would return to normal.

Your body has been a topic of discussion many times
The truth is that I had gained many kilos. I am getting sad every time that I am asked that. When you are trying to lose weight and you can't, you oppose to your own self. Do you know how many times I wanted to throw the scales out of the window? When I say that I am happy that my voice is well, it's not an excuse but a reasoning.

I see that you have lost some weight
Even now they keep on writing that I am fat. All that thing it is kind of racial. I am now 20 years old, and I don't try to be.

Truth to be said, you were not thin in your puberty
That's for real, when I was 19 I lost many kilos. Especially in Eurovision 2001, I lost 5 kilos in 10 days. I couldn't eat or sleep because of the stress. At this point I am about 3,5 kilos fatter than I was in Eurovision 2005. I have just had that plastic surgery, and my body looks different.

Do you regret that?
No, but if I had a surgery again, I would have made them smaller. Actually, when I did it, they weren't so big, but then I got fatter. If you notice, I am not dainty. I 've got big lings, I wear [to be continued]
Panagiotis
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442
<b>Location</b> Athens,Greece

http://www.zetamakripoulia.com

Back to top Go down

Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved] Empty Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013)

Post  Chris Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 pm

On Palm Sunday afternoon, at Kolonaki square in summer temperatures. Helena is sitting in the external side of "Vivliothiki" cafe and she's drinking her favourite bevarage ,warm chamomile as she says and her friends tease her about it. She doesnt hide behind black sunglasses, is wearing strait annealed jeans, a t-shirt in V long form and high heels. A sir approaches her and tells her that he stems from Mouzaki village in Karditsa city. Her eyes are starling each time when she's reffering at her origin place , where she spent her childhood years and until now Mouzaki is her own hideaway. It has been almost one and a half years since the last time she spoke to magazine. Since then much has changed in her life: she fell in love, moved to a new home, weakened, changed record company. However, Elena did not lose her teen spontaneity and optimistic attitude toward things. She speaks enthusiastically about her new album entitled "Ti Ora Tha Vgoume?" circulating a few days from EMI, talking about the beautiful moments spent in the studio recording and talented composer and lyricist who have written the songs, among to Nikos Antipas, Nikos Moraitis, George Papadopoulos, Yannis Doxas, and Michael Quinellis from Stavento.

I feel that the last times some try to make you lose your spontaneity
Look, we spend different stages in our lives. Plus I want to be calm. Now i do not seek adventure. This is evident in my new CD. Maybe the sound is pop but there are many ballads. I hid not ever in my life, it would be wrong to pretend something other than what I am

This could hurt you?
I do not know if I hurt him, we are sure that it was real. When I am well I can not hide. I need it to be true in my life when I left the other day the SOS villages saw a gentleman playing CLARINET in Vouliagmeni area, went crazy! Got the car window and starts yelling: "Hey, Hey Lord!" I like to be spontaneous to convey my positive energy.

Don't you feel the need to break out, when a human who is your friend suddenly be found "enemy"?
certainly i am dissapointed some times and i complaining, I am a human too. I know I'm clean inside and I should get over it. if I make mistakes I look to fix these. I've asked often apologize to my life. Apology is like love, brings you closer to each other. The aim is to become better, not worse. One time, it is convenient to say that being an artist must tolerate everyone in because you're too emotional. And I can not wake up in the morning and I'm sour to my fault all without nothing has happened. PAY But much love around me especially when I leave Athens. A few days ago I went to the tower walked into a flower shop and just saw with the owner fell into my arms and would not let me.

Another woman might have been annoyed
I like to live by, what is true. Even when I was psychologically carpets lived it to end. before obtaining a relationship with someone in my life I've had gioa long, enivtha ready. if a negative residue then you become suspiciously. The man came at the most appropriate time.

It is better to be with a man who is not famous?
yes! (laughs) the men deal with entirely different thing wanted time to learn the showbiz but finally accepted him with a very nice way. in the beginning though it was harder. certainly not to his Thanksgiving photographs were at the memorial of his uncle. I want to protect our families. When he left his life my father had sent a letter to journalists asking them to let us in kidepsoume without the media. It was released a photo of local photographers. Those with not so embarrassing for me but my family. those moments I was just the daughter of George. Can half my life to be my career. 14 years i sing but my family is my refuge. Whatever happens to me if I called my mother to my sister to share with them.

That's why you had returned back in Sweden then?
Of course I think it was the best thing I did nobody here could support me really I said then you stop singing and not coming back to Greece.

What made you change your mind?
the love of the public. I said to myself (since I love what one has to go back) anymore now that phase me seemed far away At the same time good for me. You can now appreciate more than my good happens. Whenever it comes to grieve or to embarrass someone turn it vice versa I do not want to sadden anyone nor allow one to me doing the same. now anymore when something I like I say through, before they put them all through me. I think we make our relationship more needlessly complex. that's why I try to be as optimistic as possible.

(*if it's possible, could someone else member continue the translation??)
Thank you,
Chris K.
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved] Empty Re: Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved]

Post  Chris Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 pm

english translation here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(someone please continue the rest article)
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved] Empty Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation

Post  Panagiotis Wed May 08, 2013 8:55 pm

I want to create a family with Andreas

It's Palm Sunday afternoon, at Kolonaki Square, with the temperature reminding of summer. Helena is sitting outdoors at cafe Vivliothiki, and she is drinking hot chamomile, her favorite drink, as she says, which her friends are teasing her for. She is not hiding behind black glasses. She is wearing tight faded jeans, a V-neck top and high platforms. A man is approaching her, and tells her that he is also coming from Mouzaki Karditsas. Her eyes shine every time she mentions Mouzaki, where she spent her summer holidays as a child, and where -even now- is her hideaway. Almost a year has passed since she last had an interview. Since then, many things in her life have changed: she fell in love, moved to a new place, lost weight, changed her label. Nevertheless, Helena didn't lose her spontaneity and her optimistic view on things. She is talking with excitement about her new CD, titled "Ti Ora tha Vgoume", coming out in a few days, about the nice moments she had on studio, and the talented composers and lyricists who have written songs for it, among them: Nikos Antipas, Nikos Moraitis, Giorgos Papadopoulos, Giannis Doxas & Meth from Stavento.

I have the feeling that some people tried to make you lose your spontaneity lately.
In our lives we get through several phases. For now, I want to be calm. I don't chase adventure. The genre may be pop, but it has many ballads. I never hid in my entire life, it would be false to fake something else from what I am.

That may have harmed you?"
I don't know if it harmed me, but I am sure it was real. When I am not feeling good, I can't hide it. I need to be real in my life. When some time ago I was leaving from "Paidika Horia SOS", I saw a man playing clarinet at Voulagmenis Ave. I was stoned! I opened the window of the car, and started screaming to him "Fare Well Man!". I like to be be spontaneous and get about my positive energy.

Don't you feel like bursting, when someone you consider as a friend, suddenly opposes to you?
I get sad for sure, and I complain, I am human. I know that I am clear inside, and I have to get over it. If I have made mistakes I have to correct them. I have apologized many times throughout my life. Saying you are sorry is just like love, it brings you closer to the other. The aim must be to get better, not worst. At some points it is convenient to be an artist, you say that everyone must be standing you because you can get very emotional. Even I can wake up one morning and be "sour", and blame everything without having happened anything. But I get so muvh love around me, especially when I am out of Athens. Some days ago, I was at Pirgos, I got into a flower shop, and when the owner saw me, got into my arms, and she wouldn't let me go.

Some other artist could have been bothered.
I like living everything that is true. Even if I was a mess psychologically, I lived it to the end. Before I found someone in my life, I was good for a long time, I felt ready. If you have negative residues, you get suspicious. That man got into my life on the right moment.

Is it better to hang out with a person out of showbiz?"
Yes! (laughing). Andreas occupies with completely different things, he needed time to get to know showbiz, but finally he accepted it in a very nice way. In the beginning it was difficult though. For sure it wasn't pleasant to him that there were photographers at the memorial of his uncle. I want to protect our families. When my father died, I had sent a letter to the journalists asking them to let us bury him without publicity. At that moments I was just George's daughter. Even if my career it's half of my life -I 've been singing for 14 years- but my family is my refugee. Whatever is happening to me, I will call either my mom or my siblings so as to share it with them.

That's why you had returned to Sweden back then?"
Yes. I think it was the best thing I could do. Nobody here could really support me. I had said back then that I would quit singing, and I would never return to Greece.

[b]What made you change your mind?

People's love. I told to myself "Since you love so much what you do, you must return". Now that moment seems far away from me, but it helped me at the same time. I can now appreciate more whatever good happening to me. Every time that I 'm about to make myself or someone else sad, I reverse it. I don't want to make anyone sad anymore, and neither do I let anyone do anything similar to me. Now, when I don't like something, I say it without second thought. In the past I would keep everything to myself. I think we have made our relationships complicated without any reason. That's why I try to be as optimistic as possible.

is Andreas responsible for any of that changes?
When I left from Greece, I didn't only seal in my mothers house. I did several different things. I visited a psychologist again, because many of my phobias had arose again. I was suffering from agoraphobia, and I was scared of heights. I couldn't even sit on my balcony. These things require some work, you need to face your fears. [..]

So you are now steady on your feet.
Yes. I would never like to be less than 15 y.o. I like being 31. My friends who are around 40 years old, are telling me that the closer you get the better you feel, provided that you love and take care of yourself.

Is Andreas your family now?
Yes, he is. Since we live together, and he is the first person I see when I wake up, and the last before I sleep, he is my family.

Are you finally getting married?
There is no official engagement. He bought me a ring as a present and he told me: "Elenaki, I want to live the rest of my life with you, because I cannot imagine it without you". And as he was giving it to me, I told him "Andreas, I can't imagine my life without you either", and I put the ring on. It's like there was a proposal, without having set the date. What I want is to be well together, and end with a marriage and not a divorce! To have a nice family. It's a blessing to have your own kids. And if you can't, to adopt. It's equally great.I believe that I will be an amazing mother, and I have picked a great partner to have kids with.

Would you have a break from your career?
It's hard to answer that. For sure, I wouldn't like singing with a big belly. Forcefully there would be a break so as the body would return to normal.

Your body has been a topic of discussion many times
The truth is that I had gained many kilos. I am getting sad every time that I am asked that. When you are trying to lose weight and you can't, you oppose to your own self. Do you know how many times I wanted to throw the scales out of the window? When I say that I am happy that my voice is well, it's not an excuse but a reasoning.

I see that you have lost some weight
Even now they keep on writing that I am fat. All that thing it is kind of racial. I am now 20 years old, and I don't try to be.

Truth to be said, you were not thin in your puberty
That's for real, when I was 19 I lost many kilos. Especially in Eurovision 2001, I lost 5 kilos in 10 days. I couldn't eat or sleep because of the stress. At this point I am about 3,5 kilos fatter than I was in Eurovision 2005. I have just had that plastic surgery, and my body looks different.

Do you regret that?
No, but if I had a surgery again, I would have made them smaller. Actually, when I did it, they weren't so big, but then I got fatter. If you notice, I am not dainty. I 've got big lings, I wear [to be continued]
Panagiotis
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442

Back to top Go down

Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved] Empty Re: Interview @ OK! Magazine (08.05.2013) - English Translation [incompl vs saved]

Post  Panagiotis Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Chris, in the topic, I told that I would translate it. Thank you for you time and work, but next time please check if someone else is doing is, so as to avoid extra work. Keep Paparizouing!
Panagiotis
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks! so far it's very interesting:)
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu May 09, 2013 1:26 am

Thanks for the translation, looking forward to see the rest soon! Very Happy
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karoliina Thu May 09, 2013 1:43 am

thank you for translating the article smile nice to hear about her life, especially the family part and relationship with Andreas made me really happy!
Karoliina
Karoliina
Paparizoued
Paparizoued

<b>Posts</b> 88
<b>Location</b> Finland

Back to top Go down

Post  Tedy Thu May 09, 2013 5:43 am

S'agapw poli Pano! Keep Paparizouing!
Tedy
Tedy
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2847
<b>Location</b> Sofia, Bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Tedy Thu May 09, 2013 5:55 am

A BIG BIG THANKS TO PANO! sunny sunny sunny
I will look forward for the rest

Everything is ok, but on this part my reaction was:
"ARE U KIDDING ME"?! scratch confused confuse evileye

Do you regret that?
Tedy
Tedy
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2847
<b>Location</b> Sofia, Bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:16 pm

clap thanks so much.

I especially love the way you write down the interviews, Pano, the format is exactly like in my interview book, so I don't need to edit this; even the bold format was copied. Akos Favourite Akos Favourite Akos Favourite 
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down