Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview on esctoday.com

+9
Ruben
Chris
Labros!
Panagiotis
TinaCZ
Derek
Akos Kirsch
Samuel
alene
13 posters

Go down

Interview on esctoday.com Empty Interview on esctoday.com

Post  alene Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Greece's 2005 Eurovision Song Contest entrant Helena Paparizou spoke to Russell Davies from esctoday in her dressing room backstage at the Stockholm Globen, during the Melodifestivalen final rehearsals. She said that she is happy to be performing for the second time at the Globen, with a different version of Sweden's 2011 Eurovision song contest song Popular (for the interval). She tells esctoday that she loves Eurovision and will always be a Eurovision fan. Speaking about the current debt crisis in Greece, she says that despite this we need to have fun and that music makes you feel good. After a quick unaccompanied version of Popular she gives us a few hints about what to expect for the interval. Her future plans include releasing Popular as a single in Sweden and Greece as well as appearing on a new TV show. Asked about the possibility of returning to Eurovision she said she would like to return in a different capacity

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
alene
alene

<b>Posts</b> 4340
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Interview on esctoday.com Empty Re: Interview on esctoday.com

Post  Samuel Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Thank you very much, new for me. Very Happy

Listened to the second video first and it sounds lovely!
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 pm

thanks a lot!!!
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:31 pm

I love her even more after this interview. She looks so damn healthy again. She looks like she's in such a good mood and ready to challenge herself again. Gotta love this! cheers cheers Very Happy
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm

YES! The song will be released as a single! Very Happy
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 pm

That english interview for esctoday actually made me weep. After such a long time I don't have a problem to understand what she says and don't have to ask for translation. lover undercover
TinaCZ
TinaCZ
Admin

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  alene Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Svenskjäveln wrote:YES! The song will be released as a single! Very Happy
Talking about that, do you guys think it is a good idea to release that song as a single? Maybe it's better to release a song which is known there in Sweden even if it's not her own song before releasing her own stuff there?
alene
alene

<b>Posts</b> 4340
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:53 pm

alene wrote:
Talking about that, do you guys think it is a good idea to release that song as a single? Maybe it's better to release a song which is known there in Sweden even if it's not her own song before releasing her own stuff there?

Well, even if I don't believe it will go to any toplists, I believe many will listen to the song so Elena gets recognized when she will release her own songs. smile
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  alene Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:54 pm

TinaCZ wrote:That english interview for esctoday actually made me weep. After such a long time I don't have a problem to understand what she says and don't have to ask for translation. lover undercover
lol! So true!
alene
alene

<b>Posts</b> 4340
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:02 pm

I think many of us feel that way Tina Very Happy

btw the flood of news and photos and videos today didn't give me a break since I woke up few hours ago. lol!
Never been so busy with updating my site like now Very Happy
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:02 pm

TinaCZ wrote:That english interview for esctoday actually made me weep. After such a long time I don't have a problem to understand what she says and don't have to ask for translation. lover undercover

That's sweet! Very Happy
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 pm

It surely looks like she is going to sing live, I am so happy about that! smile
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Right now i am like you make me crazy!!! present wake up dance sirtaki dance sirtaki dance sirtaki dance sirtaki We Are Number 1

Love the hair color, love her accent love her everything!

@Swedish I guess that \"#mel2012 #paparizou comments comments comments" would be the best..

Last edited by Panagiotis on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panagiotis
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442
<b>Location</b> Athens,Greece

http://www.zetamakripoulia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Panagiotis wrote:Right now i am like you make me crazy!!! present wake up dance sirtaki dance sirtaki dance sirtaki dance sirtaki We Are Number 1

You are like that.. ok.. I understand. xD

And I think she looks so happy, that is good. A happier Elena can mean a better performance!
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  alene Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Panagiotis wrote:

+1
alene
alene

<b>Posts</b> 4340
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 pm

alene wrote:I didn't know if I should open a new thred or not, but here it is:
Greece's 2005 Eurovision Song Contest entrant Helena Paparizou spoke to Russell Davies from esctoday in her dressing room backstage at the Stockholm Globen, during the Melodifestivalen final rehearsals. She said that she is happy to be performing for the second time at the Globen, with a different version of Sweden's 2011 Eurovision song contest song Popular (for the interval). She tells esctoday that she loves Eurovision and will always be a Eurovision fan. Speaking about the current debt crisis in Greece, she says that despite this we need to have fun and that music makes you feel good. After a quick unaccompanied version of Popular she gives us a few hints about what to expect for the interval. Her future plans include releasing Popular as a single in Sweden and Greece as well as appearing on a new TV show. Asked about the possibility of returning to Eurovision she said she would like to return in a different capacity

I still haven't seen it, though.

Source: YouTube

Edit: it's also published here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks a lot! cheers
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:30 pm

i think that this move is wrong! Firtsly is it allowed an artist covered an ESC song and release it officialy?

Seond, i believe that Helena must release new english song and not promote Saade's song...
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Panagiotis wrote:Right now i am like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@Swedish I guess that "#mel2012 #paparizou comments comments comments" would be the best..

did she change her hair color again? like February 2010?
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Paparizakias wrote:
i think that this move is wrong! Firtsly is it allowed an artist covered an ESC song and release it officialy?

Seond, i believe that Helena must release new english song and not promote Saade's song...

Of course it is allowed!
And Saade also promotes Elena with this step. Razz
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 pm

the move is good! after this more people will know her own songs.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:36 pm

do u imagine Helena has the success of Houston cause when Whitney released "I will Always Love You" made her biggest success worldwide!!!! althought the song was Dolly's Parton originally. lol!
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Interview on esctoday.com Empty New video interview on esctoday.com (in English)

Post  Ruben Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:37 pm

I love that videos posted above, she's really nice and looks natural and beautiful. Thanks. I don't see the problem of release Popular as single... it's just a first step in her Swedish comeback, and Saade is very "popular" there so everybody will notice Elena's version for sure. But I also want new music by her.
Ruben
Ruben
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1895
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikos Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 am

Derek wrote:I love her even more after this interview. She looks so damn healthy again. She looks like she's in such a good mood and ready to challenge herself again. Gotta love this! cheers cheers Very Happy

+1
She really looks SO healthy and in a good mood again. That's great.
I haven't seen her looking so good for a long time.
Nikos
Nikos
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 298

Back to top Go down

Post  Linen Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:44 am

Thx!
Linen
Linen
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2103
<b>Location</b> Narnia

http://www.twitter.com/IviSweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostas Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 am

She was very sweet in that interview.Very promising that she speaks about new music projects,because when I first read a about Let's dance I was afraid of ignoring the music part of her career.She speaks very good english I have to say,i can't imagine any other Greek to speak English like that.In conclusion I agree with you guys that she looks very heathy and happy and that's the most important I think. smile
Kostas
Kostas
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 570
<b>Location</b> Athens

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:34 am

Kostas wrote:She was very sweet in that interview.Very promising that she speaks about new music projects,because when I first read a about Let's dance I was afraid of ignoring the music part of her career.She speaks very good english I have to say,i can't imagine any other Greek to speak English like that.In conclusion I agree with you guys that she looks very heathy and happy and that's the most important I think. smile

Yes, it really sounds like there will be other things then Let's Dance. Can be a very promising year as I said earlier. Razz

And yes, she speaks very good English. There is probably people that speaks better English then her in Greece too, but there is no problems to understand her. She's very good! smile
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:09 am

Paparizakias wrote:

well, what is a "cover" actually? usually artists get demos - the song writers sing their song or ask someone to sing them, and then they send them to a singer or a company. that's what the artist will get then. the song is kind of finished, so ANY artist who does not compose/write his/her songs him/herself kind of COVERS a song. If Helena covers songs like popular, proud mary, just walk away etc it's not much more a cover than mr perfect, love me crazy, baby it's over etc. The only difference is that these last ones haven't been PUBLISHED before, sung by another artist. but i don't think that makes a big difference in judging the final song, except that you have 2 versions sung by different artists each. can be better, can be worse. that's it.

I have never really understood this big discussion if people should to sing covers or not. if someone else than the singer has written and composed it, it's not the artist's own song anyway so it's just the same as a cover!

I have transcripted the interview until 2.22, when she says "So, I love Eurovision. I will always be a eurovision fan. always." I will have much work with combining and correcting all interviews for the next issue of PARIZ, so does anyone wanna continue the transcription after 2.23? One and only chance for no greek or no swedish people to get 100 contribution points for interview "translation" ;-)
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down