Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Semi Final Discussion

+10
Radiowave
Labros!
TinaCZ
Samuel
jantzen
Stephen
Tedy
Akos Kirsch
Derek
Tiago
14 posters

Go down

1st Semi Final Discussion Empty 1st Semi Final Discussion

Post  Tiago Wed May 11, 2011 1:49 am

1 Poland
02 Norway
03 Albania
04 Armenia
05 Turkey
06 Serbia
07 Russia
08 Switzerland
09 Georgia
10 Finland
11 Malta
12 San Marino
13 Croatia
14 Iceland
15 Hungary
16 Portugal
17 Lithuania
18 Azerbaijan
19 Greece

So, who do you think will get through?
Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

1st Semi Final Discussion Empty Re: 1st Semi Final Discussion

Post  Derek Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 am

Good luck Greece and Hungary! May the best entries get through to the final!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago Wed May 11, 2011 1:53 am

In my opinion these will get through:

Poland
Norway
Albania
Armenia
Turkey
Serbia
Russia
Switzerland
Hungary
Azerbaijan
Greece

Basing my opinion in quality of song/friendly vote
Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 1:53 am

Keep Paparizouing! thanks! I hope Greece will be in the final too! I like the song.
And of course I hope we will be there too yeah! And Belarus!
Many of the songs I didn't hear yet cause I always want to listen them during the show.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 2:55 am

just a few minutes guys Very Happy
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Tedy Wed May 11, 2011 4:34 am

I record the Greek performance. If someone wanna the record i will get a link. I miss the first second...
and quality is not very good because BNT stream is not very good. lol!
Tedy
Tedy
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2847
<b>Location</b> Sofia, Bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 am

I just want Switzerland, Hungary, Georgia, Portugal and Azerbeijan in the final. The rest can stay in the semi
Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Wed May 11, 2011 4:51 am

awful...

I liked Hungary though.
Stephen
Stephen
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 495
<b>Location</b> Mission Hill MA

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 4:54 am

Greece, Hungary. Turkey, Russia, Finland, Croatia etc... these I want to see in the final!
smile
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Tedy Wed May 11, 2011 5:04 am

Here in Bulgaria there are rumors that sure the winner this year will be France.
I hope this year Bulgaria go to the final. Personally i'm for UK. lol!

Congratulations Akos. clap clap clap
Tedy
Tedy
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2847
<b>Location</b> Sofia, Bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago Wed May 11, 2011 5:13 am

My favourites passed (except my country but, well, never thought we could make it) Very Happy

Can someone explain to me how Finland and Estonia passed?
Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 5:15 am

YES WE MADE IT! And also Greece and Russia! cheers cheers
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 am

zore_riot wrote:My favourites passed (except my country but, well, never thought we could make it) Very Happy

Can someone explain to me how Finland and Estonia passed?

Finland was good. RElaxing and the song has a message. Very Happy
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  jantzen Wed May 11, 2011 6:04 am

I thought it was a great show. I ended up watching it on line on the Eurovision site after a while because the UK commentators were annoying me with their lack of knowledge and general mocking of some people. I thought Poland did a great job, the performance was good and Magdalena's vocals were great if a little shakey in the middle. Norway also had a great performance, Stella's vocals weren't the strongest but she isn't the greatest singer, she did, on the other hand have a great rapor with the audience. Albania's performance was great, Aurela's vocals were amazing I feel though that the staging wasn't so good, at points during the performance it was hard to see the stage through all the smoke. Emmy's performance of 'Boom Boom' for Armenia was not very good, she was dancing around too much and so her vocals were affected. I don't think the fact that the song isn't very good helped either. Turkey on the other hand did a good job with their performance, I didn't get why there was a need for the weird cage in the centre of the stage when the performance was just as good without it. Nina served her country well with her performance, she sang it very well and the staging was perfectly fitting with the song. Russia was one of my favourite performances of the evening, Alexey really knows how to perform to the crowd and his vocals have been consistent throughout all his rehearsals and again tonight. Anna Rossinelli gave a sweet performance for Switzerland which was vocally good but I found it a little boring. Georgia's only downfall is that their song is bad, well the chorus is bad and that's the most important part, their performance was good vocally if a little shouty in parts but it was well staged and controlled. Finland's entry I also found to be boring even if he did look like he was wearing a blousse, vocally it was top notch but it just dragged on a bit like Tom Dice did last year. Malta's entry again it's not a very good song, I understand it has a powerful message but it's not very up to date, it's sounds like a mix of Albania's entry last year "It's All About You" and Germany's 2003 entry "Let's Get Happy". I was disappointed with San Marino's efforts this evening simply because Senit's vocals let it down, the song isn't the best of the entries this year but it's a pretty little song, Senit sounded very husky and low which affected the performance for me. Croatia gave a good performance tonight, could have been a bit better vocally and Daria seemed to be walking around aimlessly a lot. Iceland's song is not one of my favourites in fact it was nearer the bottom of my list but after hearing the story behind the song it gives it a whole new emotion, vocally it was great and the simple staging was very good. Ahh Kati Wolf, this is my favourite entry this year. I really want Hungary to take the trophy and bring Eurovision to Budapest. Surprisingly though, this wasn't one of my favourite performances tonight. Kati was audibly nervouse, her vocals were all over the place and there was too much strobe lighting on the stage that it seemed to dwarf the performance, that being said it was the only song in which the crowd cheered all the way through. Portugal, well, the vocals were very good and I understand that the song has a good message to get across but I think maybe it would have been easier to get across in English, don't get me wrong I'm all for a native language entry but if you're trying to send a message then it's best to do it in a language 99% of the audience understands. Lithuania was a surprise this evening, the song is a bit on the boring side but the vocals were amazing. I didn't understand why she signed a few lines in the second verse though. Azerbaijan .. my favourite performance tonight, the staging, the vocals, the song .. all 3 were perfect, I especially liked when the light fountain came from the roof of the arena. Greece also gave a fantastic performance, it was vocally very good and I liked the dancing later on, Stereo Mike sounded a bit raspy but I'm sure it was intentional.

In regards to the 10 countries that went through I think they all deserved to go through, their performances were all respectable. I would have like to maybe see Norway, Poland & Croatia in the final but the people have voted. Including me .... for Hungary .... Twice!
jantzen
jantzen

<b>Posts</b> 1932
<b>Location</b> United Kingdom

https://www.facebook.com/theimpecuniosityofman

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 6:08 am

Nice opinion Chris. In general I agree.smile
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Wed May 11, 2011 6:35 am

Nice review Chris, I agree with it for the most part and I admit this was an amazing production. The stage offered so many opportunities.
My favourite performances tonight were:

1. Russia (He is so much better than Diva Bilan, cool song and very good vocals/choreography)
2. Hungary (I love the song and Kati Wolf's voice but just like Chris pointed out the performance was not as spectacular plus she looked very nervous during the entire performance. Also she wasn't looking very pretty tonight. There was something about her outfit and the hair that didn't seem right. I hope her performance in the final will live up to my expectations)
3. Greece (The song has grown on me since the Greek final and actually I like it very much now! It was a fantastic performance by Loucas tonight, plus Stereo Mike and the dancers did their part very well too)
4. Lithuania (She moved me with the use of sign language plus the song was very beautiful and she supported it very well vocally)
5. Azerbaijan (Very nice song and great performance with all the breathtaking effects)

As for the rest of the songs:

Finland and Iceland had nice little songs but nothing remarkable there, Poland and Norway had some nice tunes and nice choreographies/staged performances but they obviously weren't strong enough to make it even though the Norwegian song was pretty catchy. Albania was vocally excellent and the singer was very determined and in great control of her voice but the song felt so outdated! The same applies to Georgia and Turkey actually but these 2 felt slightly "fresher". As for San Marino, Switzerland and Serbia they participated with some typical Eurovision type - slow tunes and all 3 girls were nice but they didn't offer anything new to the table. I wouldn't miss any of them in the final. The rest of the entries were not good enough to be in ESC. That Croatian entry -with the girl who kept changing dresses- was so tacky and so was the Maltese song. Portuguese song had a nice message but that's all that needs to be said basically, whereas the Armenian girl was pretty, danced and sang well but song was very poor.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  jantzen Wed May 11, 2011 7:21 am

Totally agree about the way Kati looked tonight Derek, she has clearly has her hair re-coloured it's too bright and is a similar shade to her skin tone so it makes her look washed out. She started to enjoy herself later on in the performance you could see she was happier but her vocals were too shaky. I just hope these things can be fixed for Saturday. She is performing 5th on Saturday.
jantzen
jantzen

<b>Posts</b> 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  jantzen Wed May 11, 2011 7:29 am

Can I also just say I think Anke Engelke is a great choice for host, she could have done the show on her own, the other two were useless.
jantzen
jantzen

<b>Posts</b> 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Wed May 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Oh, I didn't watch this. Bad that norway losed. :(

But now Sweden have material for one year for jokes about Norway, but first Sweden need to get a place in the final. Razz
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 3:33 pm

jantzen wrote:Can I also just say I think Anke Engelke is a great choice for host, she could have done the show on her own, the other two were useless.

The guy yes but the other women the blonde was good that she was there. She is soooo hot Wink Wink
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ Wed May 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Raab has to be involved. If there's a chance for him to be seen by millions of viewers he'd do anything to get it.
TinaCZ
TinaCZ
Admin

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 4:43 pm

REally? well now he got it Very Happy
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ Wed May 11, 2011 4:53 pm

yeah, he's also multifunctional. he acts, he sings, he presents and I don't know what else. though if he got more space in esc u would love him.
TinaCZ
TinaCZ
Admin

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 5:02 pm

I see. Well I saw short part of his shows before actually. I think he is funny so I don1t mind that he is there.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! Wed May 11, 2011 6:24 pm

I don't like our entry this year (especially the rap part) but I'm glad we passed to the final Very Happy
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed May 11, 2011 6:25 pm

you deserved it:)
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiowave Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 pm

01 Poland - Not bad, better than the most of the songs, should have made it to the final
02 Norway - this was funny lol!
03 Albania - i didn't like it
04 Armenia - nice, catchy song (i was singing it all day), but her vocals were just awful
05 Turkey - so-so
06 Serbia - oh no, horrible
07 Russia - one of my favs
08 Switzerland - Nokia Tune feat. Bob Marley, lol! this is what I can say
09 Georgia - not bad
10 Finland - I don't remember it
11 Malta - I don't remember it
12 San Marino - I don't remember it
13 Croatia - I didn't like it
14 Iceland - this one made it to the final only because of that sad story with the singer who has died few day before NF
15 Hungary - amazing, but she needs to dance more and change the hairstyle
16 Portugal - funny lol!
17 Lithuania - boooooooring
18 Azerbaijan - boooring
19 Greece - great!

the show was boring, nothing special, I don't like th presenters, but the stage is fantastique, much better thatin Oslo. 2nd semi will be more interesting!
Radiowave
Radiowave
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2983
<b>Location</b> Latvia, Riga

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangelia Wed May 11, 2011 8:46 pm

I love Georgia, Russia and .....Greece! Cool
Evangelia
Evangelia
Paparizouing
Paparizouing

<b>Posts</b> 191
<b>Location</b> Greece

http://www.helenapaparizouclub.gr

Back to top Go down

Post  lana Wed May 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Me like Hungary, Greece and Russia!!! Very Happy sunny
lana
lana
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 216
<b>Location</b> Latvia

Back to top Go down

Post  Volkova Wed May 11, 2011 10:23 pm

It was great show last night! My favs were Georgia and Greece and I'm glad they made it to the finals Very Happy
The only fact that I don't like is that almost everyone was singing in english, it makes this contest less interesting. Would be so much nicer that everyone sings in their native language.
I didn't expect Croatia to pass, since we had average song. I was thinking, if Feminnem didn't make it last year, Daria won't either. And in my opinion Feminnem had much better song =)
Volkova
Volkova
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 458
<b>Location</b> Croatia

http://www.last.fm/user/anzhelochka

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandora Wed May 11, 2011 11:50 pm

I wish Poland had got through. Greece were atrocious. Hungary was great but Kati looked about 70. I loved her hair though. I strangely liked Georgia and Iceland, and Switzerland and Serbia were great too. Finland was smug. I loved Croatia's costume change.
Pandora
Pandora
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 538
<b>Location</b> England

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago Thu May 12, 2011 12:52 am

Am I the only one that loved Kati's performance? With Azerbeijan and Georgia they were the best!

Something that bugs me, how can so many people like Russia? That song is so uninspired and flat and I won't talk about the whole choreography and stage show. Just look at the songs I mentioned above to see how to make that awesome stage do wonders Very Happy

Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu May 12, 2011 1:22 am

Pandora wrote:I wish Poland had got through. Greece were atrocious. Hungary was great but Kati looked about 70. I loved her hair though. I strangely liked Georgia and Iceland, and Switzerland and Serbia were great too. Finland was smug. I loved Croatia's costume change.

Really, in what sense? I loved the performance and the song has grown on me. It certainly doesn't go unnoticed unlike a lot of other songs this year. Just my opinion of course!

zore_riot wrote:Am I the only one that loved Kati's performance? With Azerbeijan and Georgia they were the best!

Something that bugs me, how can so many people like Russia? That song is so uninspired and flat and I won't talk about the whole choreography and stage show. Just look at the songs I mentioned above to see how to make that awesome stage do wonders Very Happy

The choreography is very demanding and he can sing and dance very well at the same time. I didn't know of him before last night and he seems to possess all the qualities to become the next Russian superstar. At least judging from his last night's performance he is so much better than D.Bilan.
Kati Wolf's performance was rather disappointing. The more I watch it, the more I realize how many times she went off key, plus the stage looked very empty!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandora Thu May 12, 2011 3:42 am

Derek wrote:
Pandora wrote:I wish Poland had got through. Greece were atrocious. Hungary was great but Kati looked about 70. I loved her hair though. I strangely liked Georgia and Iceland, and Switzerland and Serbia were great too. Finland was smug. I loved Croatia's costume change.

Really, in what sense? I loved the performance and the song has grown on me. It certainly doesn't go unnoticed unlike a lot of other songs this year. Just my opinion of course!
Sorry if I seemed harsh Embarassed I don't mind the chorus, but I just can't bring myself to like the song. The performance was better than I imagined though, so maybe I should give it more of a chance on Saturday Embarassed smile
Pandora
Pandora
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 538
<b>Location</b> England

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu May 12, 2011 3:49 am

Pandora wrote:
Derek wrote:

Sorry if I seemed harsh Embarassed I don't mind the chorus, but I just can't bring myself to like the song. The performance was better than I imagined though, so maybe I should give it more of a chance on Saturday Embarassed smile

Well, it's your opinion after all. But I think you should give it another chance on Saturday. Very Happy
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down