Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT

+14
Mr. Dolce
Kostas
Derek
Gagaya
Panagiotis
Tedy
TinaCZ
Miss KA
Stathis
Alexandra
Besamiculo
Antique
Akos Kirsch
Mr. X
18 posters

Go down

Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT

Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_left0%Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_left13%Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_right 13% 
[ 4 ]
Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_left28%Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_right 28% 
[ 9 ]
Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_left16%Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_right 16% 
[ 5 ]
Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_left16%Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_right 16% 
[ 5 ]
Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_left9%Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Bar_right 9% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 32

Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Empty Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT

Post  Mr. X Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Rate the new single of Helena Paparizou: Poso M'Aresei.

Mr. X
Mr. X
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 542
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT Empty Re: Poso M'Aresei - RATE IT

Post  Chris Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 pm

I give it an 8. Not powerful enough but I don't see much problem with it. It is totally enjoyable.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Antique Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 pm

9 big grin If not the dull ending I would give it 10.
Antique
Antique
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1310
<b>Location</b> Armenia

https://www.facebook.com/tigran.alexanyan.35

Back to top Go down

Post  Besamiculo Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Besamiculo
Besamiculo
This is Tsouvli
This is Tsouvli

<b>Posts</b> 3769
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 pm

its also a 4 for me. Sorry but really not so keen on it. dislike
Alexandra
Alexandra
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1227
<b>Location</b> Malawi,C.Africa

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 am

I love it! 9/10
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Stathis Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:59 am

6/10
Stathis
Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2138
<b>Location</b> Athens, Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:39 pm

next time please add a zero as option lol! hopefully we won't need the zero THEN, but just to be sure... floating this time I would need a zero for my rating for sure. I don't only think it's her worst single ever, I also think it's her worst song ever. Even my least favourite songs like pote ksana and papeles mojados would get a 3 or 4 from me. wrong, wrong way. Then I even prefer songs like party all the time, compared to this, even if this is not the style I want her to do. But still better than poso m'aresei. Den mou aresei...

Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Besamiculo Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Thank God some people have sense and don't let their obsession with Elena cloud their judgement. I tried to listen to the song a few more times but it just doesn't click.

I bet the video will be just as terrible.
Besamiculo
Besamiculo
This is Tsouvli
This is Tsouvli

<b>Posts</b> 3769
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Besamiculo wrote:Thank God some people have sense and don't let their obsession with Elena cloud their judgement. I tried to listen to the song a few more times but it just doesn't click.

I am really curious for the video. It's the only thing which could save the song. Sometimes a really bad song gets a good video and then you like it suddenly.

For me the main problem with the song is Helena's interpretation. She could sing it with much more passion, then it would be nice probably. The rhythm is not bad, but she didn't make anything of it. Maybe we will get a remix with newly recorded vocals as they did with girna msx.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Besamiculo Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Miss KA wrote:
Besamiculo wrote:Thank God some people have sense and don't let their obsession with Elena cloud their judgement. I tried to listen to the song a few more times but it just doesn't click.

I am really curious for the video. It's the only thing which could save the song. Sometimes a really bad song gets a good video and then you like it suddenly.

For me the main problem with the song is Helena's interpretation. She could sing it with much more passion, then it would be nice probably. The rhythm is not bad, but she didn't make anything of it. Maybe we will get a remix with newly recorded vocals as they did with girna msx.

I think the best thing they could do is leave this as an album track and release a different single. No one I know seems to like it, not even her fanbase, other than a few blinded fans.
Besamiculo
Besamiculo
This is Tsouvli
This is Tsouvli

<b>Posts</b> 3769
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Besamiculo wrote:
Miss KA wrote:

I think the best thing they could do is leave this as an album track and release a different single. No one I know seems to like it, not even her fanbase, other than a few blinded fans.

would be quite a revolution though if they suddenly started to listen to the fans...
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:14 pm

there will be a video???
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Besamiculo Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Akos Kirsch wrote:there will be a video???

We suppose there will.
Besamiculo
Besamiculo
This is Tsouvli
This is Tsouvli

<b>Posts</b> 3769
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  TinaCZ Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 am

4 from me. the entire time I was listening to the song I was like "wtf? this ain't the Elena I wanna listen to". but on the other hand I expected much worse from a song written by Stavento.
TinaCZ
TinaCZ
Admin

<b>Posts</b> 6163
<b>Location</b> EVERYWHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Tedy Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:05 am

I wanted to vote with 4, but by mistake I vote with 5!
Terrible song disbelief
Tedy
Tedy
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2847
<b>Location</b> Sofia, Bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:00 am

Gave it a 6.
Positive Points:
The lyrics are pretty catchy. I really like the part 2:19-2:47. It's also nice to see that Helena tried to do something new.

Negative Points:
The song is monotonous. There is no part where you can say it reaches a peak. It's just the same thing over and over again. Once again Helena's voice is not shown. Also there is no melody in it. She tried to do something different, but the final product is not as good as it could be (The same happened to Mr Perfect).

Panagiotis
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442
<b>Location</b> Athens,Greece

http://www.zetamakripoulia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:48 am

No one I know seems to like it, not even her fanbase, other than a few blinded fans.

In another words just because it doesn't click for you, it shouldn't click for any person out there, other than Elena's senseless, obsessed and blinded fans?
I wasn't willing to argue against any negative responses for the song because everyone is entitled to their own opinion and despite the fact that I've really liked the song right from the start (and I have had it on repeat at different times and places in the past 2 days - the first song to do this to me since "Mr Perfect" in Dec.2011 actually), I initially predicted that it would meet some negative response from fans and non-fans because it's a lot more raw and urban than anything she's done before and it's just bound to divide us unlike a safe choice for the 1st single.
However I take offense to your statement because I've genuinely liked the song, not as a result of bias in favour of Elena (in fact I had pretty low expectations from a Stavento collaboration) but as a result of its fun production/sound effects, rich instrumentation, cool singing, liberating lyrics, laid back beat and stand-out effect (it's very different to any other Greek song on the radio these days) therefore I do not accept being sorted as one of Elena's mindless fans for liking it. I'm pretty sure Javi (who posted an enthusiastic review for the song) wouldn't accept it either because he has been critical of Elena's career many times in the past and has shown no signs of fan bias to deserve such description. Wink
In conclusion, the purpose of my response is not to argue with you or create a discussion topic out of something of minor importance but to show you that by keeping a more modest opinion you can sometimes save yourself from making unfair and exaggerated judgements for others. Keep Paparizouing!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Gagaya Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah people got different music tastes. I for sure prefer this song to Baby It's Over (what is most watched song in her vevo, can't really understand why but yea tastes are different like already has been said )

Last edited by Gagaya on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gagaya
Gagaya
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto

<b>Posts</b> 33
<b>Location</b> Home

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:38 pm

I actually expected much more from Stavento. But even much much more from Helena's expectation.

Question to the people who like it: don't you miss her "voice"? I cannot hear her doing anything spectactular with it? She's singing it like usually Madonna sings her songs, so at the end the song is perfect for background music but besides .... Unless she would make use of her voice. Even if she wanted to create something more urban, something cooler and less passionate she could sing it different - more sexy for example. One or few only whispered "Poso M'Aresei" for example could partly save the song a bit. Take Kylie's song "slow" for example.

I indeed have trouble to understand that still so many people like the song, especially Helena fans. We are used she makes big use of her voice, screaming, powerful, and more of these and other techniques, but here - nothing of that. For me her (usual) use of her voice (plus her voice of course) are my main reasons to be a fan. If she stops using her voice, I cannot be a fan anymore.

About her dance songs - I am no fan of dance so I don't wanted a dance album, but still: Songs like Mr Perfect might be nothng special themselves, but Helena's special kind of interpretation made it rock. This song now had some potential, but she didn't do anything out of it. And as Baby it's over has been mentioned above - you could have taken it down like Poso M'aresei for example but they didn't. Thy did a dance and a ballad version of it and both were great - because of the music and because of Helena's passionate way to sing it.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 pm

(not arguing just saying): Her voice is still there and there are points in the song where she reach high notes. Of course then it goes down suddenly but still it's there.
She didn't do much songs like this so I welcome a different style and it's relaxing. Btw there was that song Siga psithirista.... that wasn't monotonius? Or even Pirotechnimata... she don't really "use her voice" in those either and still many liked them ;)

Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Akos Kirsch wrote:(not arguing just saying): Her voice is still there and there are points in the song where she reach high notes. Of course then it goes down suddenly but still it's there.
She didn't do much songs like this so I welcome a different style and it's relaxing. Btw there was that song Siga psithirista.... that wasn't monotonius? Or even Pirotechnimata... she don't really "use her voice" in those either and still many liked them ;)

in pyro she uses her voice a lot!!! from deepest to highest! and in siga... she also changes the levels quite much, too.
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:20 am

True but still not as many times like in Gyrna for example. (the original version not the remix).
That song is very HQ in every way.
;)
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Miss KA wrote:
Question to the people who like it: don't you miss her "voice"? I cannot hear her doing anything spectactular with it? She's singing it like usually Madonna sings her songs, so at the end the song is perfect for background music but besides .... Unless she would make use of her voice. Even if she wanted to create something more urban, something cooler and less passionate she could sing it different - more sexy for example. One or few only whispered "Poso M'Aresei" for example could partly save the song a bit. Take Kylie's song "slow" for example.

I indeed have trouble to understand that still so many people like the song, especially Helena fans. We are used she makes big use of her voice, screaming, powerful, and more of these and other techniques, but here - nothing of that. For me her (usual) use of her voice (plus her voice of course) are my main reasons to be a fan. If she stops using her voice, I cannot be a fan anymore.

About her dance songs - I am no fan of dance so I don't wanted a dance album, but still: Songs like Mr Perfect might be nothng special themselves, but Helena's special kind of interpretation made it rock. This song now had some potential, but she didn't do anything out of it. And as Baby it's over has been mentioned above - you could have taken it down like Poso M'aresei for example but they didn't. Thy did a dance and a ballad version of it and both were great - because of the music and because of Helena's passionate way to sing it.

I don't know if there is an English translation of the lyrics available (I haven't seen one yet) but I'm sure that once you get the lyrics you will understand why she couldn't have made a more elaborate use of her voice. It's a very good/valid question from a foreign fan's point of view but personally knowing what the lyrics are all about; her vocals just had to be this way. It's the whole "concept" of this song that requires a more relaxed, easy going and determined vocal attitude or else she'd either come across as a poser or someone who can't interpret a song properly (or perhaps both). In my opinion she sang the song true to its spirit and its requirements, she will have other opportunities to use her flawless voice more finely and just the way you and I have always loved it. I personally view "Poso M' Aresei" as a bit of an experiment where Elena got to explore a different part of her. I wouldn't mind even a few more songs in this style but obviously she and we all know that it's nothing more than a small exploration of a different aspect of her artistic persona and not a permanent state. After all she hasn't proven to be such a risk taker (except Eurovision) in her career so far, so I don't expect her to become so different to what we have been used to.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Derek wrote:

I don't know if there is an English translation of the lyrics available (I haven't seen one yet) but I'm sure that once you get the lyrics you will understand why she couldn't have made a more elaborate use of her voice. It's a very good/valid question from a foreign fan's point of view but personally knowing what the lyrics are all about; her vocals just had to be this way. It's the whole "concept" of this song that requires a more relaxed, easy going and determined vocal attitude or else she'd either come across as a poser or someone who can't interpret a song properly (or perhaps both). In my opinion she sang the song true to its spirit and its requirements, she will have other opportunities to use her flawless voice more finely and just the way you and I have always loved it. I personally view "Poso M' Aresei" as a bit of an experiment where Elena got to explore a different part of her. I wouldn't mind even a few more songs in this style but obviously she and we all know that it's nothing more than a small exploration of a different aspect of her artistic persona and not a permanent state. After all she hasn't proven to be such a risk taker (except Eurovision) in her career so far, so I don't expect her to become so different to what we have been used to.

of course there are lyrics avalilable check here https://paparizou.forumotion.net/t5042-poso-m-aresei
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostas Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 am

Personally i voted it with a 5.The good points is first of all as Derek said that it seems to me,too that probably Helena wants to experiment her music directions and that's something really good for me(personally i accused her cause of her lack of music creativity the last years and her persistence to main in the same,mainstream of that era,style just to have a temporary success).The previous times she made it i think that she earned.Songs like ''siga psithirista'',''papeles mojados''e.t.c were songs that we didn't use to hear from her but personally i like them.This time to be honest i didn't like that song.Except that i is really monotonus,as Rebecca and Besamiculo said,i didn't like the way that the lyrics were used in this song.They used a lot words from Greek argo and it seems to me that they did it just to impress the audience not with the song,but with the lyrics themselves(in some parts they saved it somehow).In addition with the ''cool'' way that Helena sings make me have that impression.To be honest,is not strange a pop singer not to use her voice so much(even if i agree with Rebecca that Helena's voice is her strong avantage and for me she has to use it) in some songs,because some pop songs don't depends so much in voice but in the rythm,the instrumental for example,but here i saw very little from that.To concluse,even if i didn't like the song i think it was good for Helena to try something different and from the time that she is working in a new album i think that soon we will have much more facts to judge her work,so i think that is better to wait.Personally,from all of the informations we have for her new work i think that it will be something really good worked.
P.S I still believe that Mr.Perfect is her worst single! lol!
Kostas
Kostas
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 570
<b>Location</b> Athens

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Dolce Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 am

Hello strangers! gia sou! New Helena song is out, I've decided to re-surface!

I think I gave it a 5. Maybe I was too generous.

I won't call it garbage because some of you will flip out, but this is worse than the awful mess that was Mr. Perfect.

I've come to the conclusion that breaking up with Toni was the worst thing that could've happened for her career.
Her last good solo single was 'Baby It's Over'. She hasn't released anything decent since then.
Mr. Dolce
Mr. Dolce
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1233
<b>Location</b> Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Master League Nerd Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:46 am

6. Unfortunately my judgement of the song wasn't good enough due to that guy talking "Elena Paparizou, nea tragoudi, poso m'aresei" each 10 seconds of the song
Angry Master League Nerd
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2480
<b>Location</b> Allianz Arena

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=607860775&amp;amp;amp

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiowave Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Angry Master League Nerd wrote:6. Unfortunately my judgement of the song wasn't good enough due to that guy talking "Elena Paparizou, nea tragoudi, poso m'aresei" each 10 seconds of the song
I thought it was a lady affraid
Radiowave
Radiowave
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2983
<b>Location</b> Latvia, Riga

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Master League Nerd Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:27 am

Radiowave wrote:
Angry Master League Nerd wrote:6. Unfortunately my judgement of the song wasn't good enough due to that guy talking "Elena Paparizou, nea tragoudi, poso m'aresei" each 10 seconds of the song
I thought it was a lady affraid

ah, i was too tired to note
Angry Master League Nerd
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2480
<b>Location</b> Allianz Arena

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=607860775&amp;amp;amp

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:56 pm