Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Eurovision Topic (2012 edition)

+6
Tiago
Derek
Jessica
María_Spain
jantzen
Samuel
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

General Eurovision Topic (2012 edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: General Eurovision Topic (2012 edition)

Post  Miranda Sat May 19, 2012 11:18 pm

It's an event hosted for all the Eurovision participants. It's like a welcome party Wink
Miranda
Miranda
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2277
<b>Location</b> Planet Jedward

http://mirandamik.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

General Eurovision Topic (2012 edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: General Eurovision Topic (2012 edition)

Post  Samuel Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Day 8
Rehearsals...
General Eurovision Topic (2012 edition) - Page 2 Dc020121244270508

http://www.eurovisionary.com/eurovision-news/eurovision-song-contest-2012-day-8-last-day-regular-rehearsals-and-press-conferences

Miranda wrote:It's an event hosted for all the Eurovision participants. It's like a welcome party Wink
Here is some pictures from the opening party:
http://www.eurovisionary.com/photo-album/gallery-eurovision-song-contest-opening-party-red-carpet
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Mon May 21, 2012 10:30 pm

http://svt.se/melodifestivalen/rosta-i-eurovision-song-contest-sa-gor-du

I read that this year the voting will begin after everyone have singed their song, and not when the show begins.
What do you think about that decision? smile
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  jantzen Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:55 pm

So now after the dust has settled and everyone's returned to their homelands here are my final thoughts on this years Eurovision Song Contest.

The Results

I'm happy with the results and I'm glad that "Euphoria" won, it's a great song and I really like Loreen and her performance was out of the norm which I like. I think the top 10 generally was a good selection, I don't think "Party For Everybody" deserved to be second place when other, better songs were placed lower. Many of the performances were great in the final, I liked Sweden's performance, Estonia's performance was very powerful and I thought Spain's entry, Pastora Soler did a fantastic job (despite being told not to win by her national broadcaster). I was a little disappointed that Belarus, Slovenia & Bulgaria didn't make it through to the final but you never know how the jury is going to vote so it's hard to predict.

The Show

I think the show was okay, it was nothing spectacular despite the amount of money the host nation had spent on the show. I just think back to 2012 in Oslo and "Share The Moment", where was the sense of "sharing" this year? Now I like Eurovision but this year felt different for me, it was a big step back from last years contest in so many aspects. The hosts were awful, I'm sorry if any of you like them but I'm sure there are much better TV hosts in Azerbaijan that are capable of stringing a full sentence together, maybe it's the fact that the hosts of the last four contests have spoken perfect English that is shrouding my judgement. The whole atmosphere for me seemed to be very one sided, I mean I have no issue with all the postcards being of Azerbaijan, it's a way to promote the country's tourism as it is a beautiful country, I just feel we were only shown what we were supposed to and that's it. I won't mention the fact that the (awful/boring) interval act was the son-in-law of the president of Azerbaijan because I'm not going to get political.

Summary

In summary I know 2013 will be a fantastic show because Sweden is such a brilliant diplomatic and welcoming state (not to say that Azerbaijan isn't). I just feel that this year was geared up to be more than it was and I was quite disappointed with many aspects of Baku 2012.
jantzen
jantzen

<b>Posts</b> 1932
<b>Location</b> United Kingdom

https://www.facebook.com/theimpecuniosityofman

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:45 am

jantzen wrote:So now after the dust has settled and everyone's returned to their homelands here are my final thoughts on this years Eurovision Song Contest.

The Results

I'm happy with the results and I'm glad that "Euphoria" won, it's a great song and I really like Loreen and her performance was out of the norm which I like. I think the top 10 generally was a good selection, I don't think "Party For Everybody" deserved to be second place when other, better songs were placed lower. Many of the performances were great in the final, I liked Sweden's performance, Estonia's performance was very powerful and I thought Spain's entry, Pastora Soler did a fantastic job (despite being told not to win by her national broadcaster). I was a little disappointed that Belarus, Slovenia & Bulgaria didn't make it through to the final but you never know how the jury is going to vote so it's hard to predict.

The Show

I think the show was okay, it was nothing spectacular despite the amount of money the host nation had spent on the show. I just think back to 2012 in Oslo and "Share The Moment", where was the sense of "sharing" this year? Now I like Eurovision but this year felt different for me, it was a big step back from last years contest in so many aspects. The hosts were awful, I'm sorry if any of you like them but I'm sure there are much better TV hosts in Azerbaijan that are capable of stringing a full sentence together, maybe it's the fact that the hosts of the last four contests have spoken perfect English that is shrouding my judgement. The whole atmosphere for me seemed to be very one sided, I mean I have no issue with all the postcards being of Azerbaijan, it's a way to promote the country's tourism as it is a beautiful country, I just feel we were only shown what we were supposed to and that's it. I won't mention the fact that the (awful/boring) interval act was the son-in-law of the president of Azerbaijan because I'm not going to get political.

Summary

In summary I know 2013 will be a fantastic show because Sweden is such a brilliant diplomatic and welcoming state (not to say that Azerbaijan isn't). I just feel that this year was geared up to be more than it was and I was quite disappointed with many aspects of Baku 2012.

Very good review Chris! I agree with you for the most part - if not completely-!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2