Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Eurovision Topic (2013 edition)

+4
jantzen
Chris
MNMINAGE
Samuel
8 posters

Go down

General Eurovision Topic (2013 edition) Empty General Eurovision Topic (2013 edition)

Post  Samuel Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Like 2011 and 2012, a thread for this:
Miranda wrote:Here you can post general news about ESC, like when the allocation order has been drawn, etc.
And of course comment the news.

-----

The Eurovision Song Contest final next year will be held in Malmö Arena. So instead of Stockholm and Friends Arena which would be capable to hold 35 000 in the audience, the audience will be 15 500. (If all places is used.) The VD of SVT, Eva Hamilton say that "Multicultural Malmö is the perfect city for this international event". She also say that the trend about bigger arenas every year isn't durable, and haven't done the experience better.

Source: http://www.svt.se/nyheter/sverige/eurovisionfinalen-2013-halls-i-malmo

What do you think about this decision?

Last edited by Svenskjäveln on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

General Eurovision Topic (2013 edition) Empty Re: General Eurovision Topic (2013 edition)

Post  Samuel Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:20 pm

I think it is a bad decision to have it in Malmö. Because of this...
1. Less audience - means less people from other countries will get to Sweden because of this. (Less tourism and tourism money to Sweden.)
2. They have Melodifestivalen (where Sweden chose their ESC-participant) in Friends Arena. So the argument about "the trend about bigger arenas every year isn't durable, and haven't done the experience better" is not that valid I think.
3. Malmö is very close (a bridge) to Denmark. I think Denmark is cheaper then Sweden and many of the tourists will live in Denmark instead of Sweden, maybe even buying food there and stuff like that. It would not happen if the event would be held in Stockholm I think.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

General Eurovision Topic (2013 edition) Empty Re: General Eurovision Topic (2013 edition)

Post  MNMINAGE Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:16 am

I totally agree with you Swedish!

I really expected that Eurovision took place in Stockholm or Gothenburg but Malmö? In addition, Malmö Arena has only a capacity of up to 15.500 people which means the capacity will most likely lower because of the stage. I understand Malmö is the third biggest city in Sweden, isn't it? but I'd rather take place in Stockholm for instance. Now, I don't know how I'm going to manage to arrive to Malmö confuse

By the way, what is the capacity of Friends Arena? 65.000 more or less?
MNMINAGE
MNMINAGE
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 401
<b>Location</b> Spain

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:23 am

MNMINAGE wrote:I totally agree with you Swedish!

I really expected that Eurovision took place in Stockholm or Gothenburg but Malmö? In addition, Malmö Arena has only a capacity of up to 15.500 people which means the capacity will most likely lower because of the stage. I understand Malmö is the third biggest city in Sweden, isn't it? but I'd rather take place in Stockholm for instance. Now, I don't know how I'm going to manage to arrive to Malmö confuse

By the way, what is the capacity of Friends Arena? 65.000 more or less?

The capacity for Friends Arena was though to be 35 000 when all the stages and stuff was there! And Malmö Arena can at highest take in 15 500. But then a stage, green room and other stuff be there too. Malmö is the third biggest city yes, but still it is close to Copenhagen (Denmark) and many will probably live in Denmark.

So because of this there will be at least 20 000 less tickets, that would be a huge amount of money and good tourism. Sure 15 000 is also good, but not as good as 35 000.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:15 pm

How far is Malmo city from Stockholm?
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Chris K wrote:How far is Malmo city from Stockholm?
I looked it up on a way describing site and according to that site Malmö is 612 kilometers away from Stockholm.

According to another site it is 35 kilometers from Malmö and Copenhagen (Denmark.)
So the ones from Copenhagen in Denmark have less time to travel then people from Stockholm.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  jantzen Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:11 pm

I wonder if Greece will participate in Malmö 2013.
jantzen
jantzen

<b>Posts</b> 1932
<b>Location</b> United Kingdom

https://www.facebook.com/theimpecuniosityofman

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:37 pm

jantzen wrote:I wonder if Greece will participate in Malmö 2013.
I hope that. If they do the same as 2012 maybe? So they let a music label chose an artist that is in the label.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  jantzen Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:10 pm

ERT don't have the funds to host the contest if Greece wins so if you think about it, why not just save money all together and withdraw for 1 year.
jantzen
jantzen

<b>Posts</b> 1932
<b>Location</b> United Kingdom

https://www.facebook.com/theimpecuniosityofman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 am

RTP will announce the participation (or not) tomorrow. As far as I know it's more probable that Portugal won't participate in the next edition
Jessica
Jessica
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1176
<b>Location</b> Portugal

http://cronicasdeeurofestivais.blogspot.pt/

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:58 am

You were correct Jessica, both Portugal and Poland will not compete next year.
So sad. No
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 am

it is really sad. Can't believe RTP did this
Jessica
Jessica
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1176
<b>Location</b> Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:23 pm

http://www.janelaesc.com/2012/11/eurovision-2013-nenhuma-emissora.html

"According to internal people from EBU no tv channel said that it won't participate in esc 2013. Every tv channel has until 15 December to say that they're out of esc - in RTP's case they are trying to find a way to make the participation not so expensive among with the organization" . If this is true, i'm the happiest person in the world!
Jessica
Jessica
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1176
<b>Location</b> Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Lets hope they success. Always better with more competing countries. smile
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Svenskjäveln wrote:Lets hope they success. Always better with more competing countries. smile

yes, and it's better if i can vote for my favourites too ahah Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1176
<b>Location</b> Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Master League Nerd Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 am

Jessica wrote:http://www.janelaesc.com/2012/11/eurovision-2013-nenhuma-emissora.html

"According to internal people from EBU no tv channel said that it won't participate in esc 2013. Every tv channel has until 15 December to say that they're out of esc - in RTP's case they are trying to find a way to make the participation not so expensive among with the organization" . If this is true, i'm the happiest person in the world!

Hail Janelão Keep Paparizouing!
Angry Master League Nerd
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2480
<b>Location</b> Allianz Arena

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=607860775&amp;amp;amp

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Master League Nerd Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:28 am

Angry Master League Nerd
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2480
<b>Location</b> Allianz Arena

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=607860775&amp;amp;amp

Back to top Go down

Post  Gagi Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:53 pm

B&H wont participate this year on esc
Gagi
Gagi
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 934
<b>Location</b> Serb Republic

Back to top Go down

Post  Gagi Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:13 am

Gagi wrote:B&H wont participate this year on esc

after in Federation B&H they announced that we wont participate on esc in other entity they announced that we are ready for esc
we cant agree for esc than i dont need to told you what f***ing country we are Very Happy
Gagi
Gagi
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 934

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:32 am

What? Are they competing or what do you mean? Razz
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Gagi Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Svenskjäveln wrote:What? Are they competing or what do you mean? Razz

Bosnia has 2 entities Serb Republic and Federation B&H
Federation doesn't have money to go so they announced that we wont go on esc but Serb Republic made song for esc and they said that they will pay all money so now none knows will we go or not Very Happy
Gagi
Gagi
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 934

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Chris K wrote:
Oh god. Evil or Very Mad Embarassed I do not like this decision at all, she's a bad program leader with terrible jokes. All the nine million people in Sweden will be ashamed for this decision when it's the night for Eurovision final. I am not exaggerating when I say I never seen a worse program leader then this, the program leaders for Eurovision 2012 in Azerbaijan was much, MUCH better.

I don't want to be evil, but some shouldn't be program leaders, she's one of them.
Samuel
Samuel
Spamarizou
Spamarizou

<b>Posts</b> 12471
<b>Location</b> Sweden

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 am

Svenskjäveln wrote:
Oh god. Evil or Very Mad Embarassed I do not like this decision at all, she's a bad program leader with terrible jokes. All the nine million people in Sweden will be ashamed for this decision when it's the night for Eurovision final. I am not exaggerating when I say I never seen a worse program leader then this, the program leaders for Eurovision 2012 in Azerbaijan was much, MUCH better.

I don't want to be evil, but some shouldn't be program leaders, she's one of them.

I can't see how someone can be worse than the last ones lol!
Jessica
Jessica
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1176
<b>Location</b> Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:41 am

we will see how good she will be smile
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:41 am

do u think that Helena will participate in ESC final Mamo in any way??? i mean as a just viewer, or in the window to annnounce the pointss
Chris
Chris
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 5303
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:43 am

I would love to see her announcing the points Very Happy
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down