Paparizou Forum - Moved to paparizouforum.com
Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paparizou Forum is an international community for all fans of Elena Paparizou. We offer news, discussions, exclusive media (videos ad pictures), competitions and a forum full of great people. Come and join us to taste the ultimate paparicious experience.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Helena make an international career?

+29
Tedy
Pandora
altrig2004
nikosbr
J
Giannis
NatalieNatalie
Volkova
Vyborg Rocket
Miss KA
Siranos
Lara
gabimen
Angry Master League Nerd
arinze
Jovanna<3
Stathis
pop_art
Besamiculo
angiekok
Martako!
Tiago
Moldienut
Derek
TinaCZ
Panagiotis
Radiowave
Akos Kirsch
Labros!
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you think that Helena can make an international career now?

Can Helena make an international career? - Page 2 Bar_left44%Can Helena make an international career? - Page 2 Bar_right 44% 
[ 28 ]
Can Helena make an international career? - Page 2 Bar_left41%Can Helena make an international career? - Page 2 Bar_right 41% 
[ 26 ]
Can Helena make an international career? - Page 2 Bar_left14%Can Helena make an international career? - Page 2 Bar_right 14% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 63

Can Helena make an international career? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Helena make an international career?

Post  Siranos Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:01 am

Sarbelita wrote:Sorry but I think its too late for her. She had a chance make international carier after winning eurovision but it didnt help. Generally its hard to be famous abroad for someone who isnt english native speaker.Every year she become older.World is full of young, tallented singers. She needs a lot of luck and reallz HUGE HIT

it doesn't bother me at all , mature wine tastes better...
Siranos
Siranos
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 535
<b>Location</b> Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Can Helena make an international career? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Helena make an international career?

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:05 am

Siranos wrote:
Sarbelita wrote:Sorry but I think its too late for her. She had a chance make international carier after winning eurovision but it didnt help. Generally its hard to be famous abroad for someone who isnt english native speaker.Every year she become older.World is full of young, tallented singers. She needs a lot of luck and reallz HUGE HIT

Well said Keep Paparizouing!
she is 28 years old STILL btw!!
yeah she is already a granny right? rofl
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

http://www.elenapaparizou.gportal.hu

Back to top Go down

Post  Siranos Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:
Siranos wrote:

she is ! and I'd love to be one of her nephews floating

in general I find ridiculous to say that she gets older being 28
Siranos
Siranos
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 535

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:18 am

haha...you are absolutely right Keep Paparizouing!
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 am

Radiowave wrote:Second. I believe that she can, but people forgotten her a bit. She needs a new great singgle in English, good promo, video and album.

ANY promo would already be helpful lol!
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:05 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:

Siranos wrote:
she is ! and I'd love to be one of her nephews floating

in general I find ridiculous to say that she gets older being 28

rofl

aunt, not granny rofl rofl rofl
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:17 am

I know Reb! I was joking referring to the "she is getting older" thing rofl
I know she is not a granny but aunt Very Happy
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:31 am

Akos Kirsch wrote:I know Reb! I was joking referring to the "she is getting older" thing rofl

I know but Siranos obviously confused the two words which sounded pretty funny lol!
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:35 am

True Very Happy At least a new Best post was born cheers
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss KA Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:41 am

so she could start a career as granny with her singing grand childs lol! then she lso doen't need to hurry up with anything internationally lol!
Miss KA
Miss KA
Paparicious Hero
Paparicious Hero

<b>Posts</b> 8598
<b>Location</b> Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Master League Nerd Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:46 am

Nuclear Best Post Detected
Angry Master League Nerd
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2480
<b>Location</b> Allianz Arena

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=607860775&amp;amp;amp

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Siranos wrote:

How many singers you know who are over 30?
Don't get me wrong but in music industry is a huge competition, so one hit it's not enough. Making international carrier isn't so easy
Lara
Lara
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 973
<b>Location</b> Rzeczpospolita

Back to top Go down

Post  Labros! Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:56 pm

I don't want Helena to make an international career, I want Helena to try to make an international career.I won't have any problem if she tries hard for it and she doesn't manages it, because at least she will have give it a try.
Labros!
Labros!

<b>Posts</b> 8062
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Siranos Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Miss KA wrote:
Akos Kirsch wrote:I know Reb! I was joking referring to the "she is getting older" thing rofl

I know but Siranos obviously confused the two words which sounded pretty funny lol!

rofl I didn't Rebecca , I knew what Akos meant saying '' granny'' (actually aunt )her brother's/sister's children of course alien , don't know which of them or both have babies though but I know they have . I dont want Elena to be a grandmother at all, 2nd int. album first please then she could grow up kids .

ps glad we/ I made a nuclear post though Very Happy
Siranos
Siranos
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 535

Back to top Go down

Post  Siranos Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Sarbelita wrote:
Siranos wrote:

How many singers you know who are over 30?
Don't get me wrong but in music industry is a huge competition, so one hit it's not enough. Making international carrier isn't so easy

but she is not over 30 yet Very Happy 28 its an apogee of life two brilliant years in front , but 30 its not an obstacle for everything, its a myth that older singers cant compete with younger ones for such an artist like Elena this rule simply doesnt count .I know that for young blood it works easier but we have a plenty of examples when a big ''star'' turns off after three performances .I totally agree with you that make an international career isn't so easy but she at least have give it a try Labros is right ( I mean her 2nd int. album)
Siranos
Siranos
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 535

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:39 pm

I wasn't about Helena. Just not many "old" singers still exist on music stage
Lara
Lara
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 973

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiowave Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Madona, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and so on.. Are they younger that 30?
Radiowave
Radiowave
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2983
<b>Location</b> Latvia, Riga

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Not at all Keep Paparizouing!
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Master League Nerd Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:06 am

Radiowave wrote:Madona, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and so on.. Are they younger that 30?

Don't forget Valentina Hasan Keep Paparizouing!
Angry Master League Nerd
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2480

Back to top Go down

Post  Vyborg Rocket Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:24 pm

I think isn't late. She still can make it, if she tries.
Yeah after ESC she could've had a big chance, with My Number One which is also a catchy song.
Pity it didn't work.
You know, I think one of the "problems" that doesn't help good artists like Helena, to make an international career is the fact that people prefer trashy, catchy, meaningless songs to good and meaningful ones.
Just look at that kiddo, Justin Bieber (or how the hell is called -.-) and all the success he's having.
That's frustrating.
Vyborg Rocket
Vyborg Rocket
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto

<b>Posts</b> 42
<b>Location</b> Italy

http://www.last.fm/user/VyborgRocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Angry Master League Nerd Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:54 am

or that rappers who sing about money, "i can get any girl i want", crime and these things
Angry Master League Nerd
Angry Master League Nerd
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2480

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Vyborg Rocket wrote:I think isn't late. She still can make it, if she tries.
Yeah after ESC she could've had a big chance, with My Number One which is also a catchy song.
Pity it didn't work.
You know, I think one of the "problems" that doesn't help good artists like Helena, to make an international career is the fact that people prefer trashy, catchy, meaningless songs to good and meaningful ones.
Just look at that kiddo, Justin Bieber (or how the hell is called -.-) and all the success he's having.
That's frustrating.
contradiction lol!
You wrote My number one is catchy song and next you said the problem is people like trashy, catchy songs
Lara
Lara
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 973

Back to top Go down

Post  Volkova Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:25 pm

I guess there's a difference between catchy and trashy catchy xD
Volkova
Volkova
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 458
<b>Location</b> Croatia

http://www.last.fm/user/anzhelochka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 am

Cathy always isn't ambitious. Every catchy song is silly, something like; llalalala blah blah blah blah
Lara
Lara
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 973

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:43 am

I dont think my number one is particularly meaningful but it still has more class and attitude than a lot of worldwide hits out there.And no it's not late for her and she is NOT getting old.She will be 40 and still super sexy.Btw Sarbelita would you like to mention any young international star who does something with her music or on stage that Elena can't do because of her age?I personally can't think of any younger international female pop star who is more beautiful, talented and charismatic than her.Might be subjective but still realistic to me!
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:50 am

Derek wrote:Btw Sarbelita would you like to mention any young international star who does something with her music or on stage that Elena can't do because of her age?I personally can't think of any younger international female pop star who is more beautiful, talented and charismatic than her.Might be subjective but still realistic to me!
Just every worldwide singer started carrier when they were young. For example Christina Aguilera and Rihanna, Britney etc became famous when they were teenagers.
Lara
Lara
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 973

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 am

Sarbelita wrote:
Derek wrote:Btw Sarbelita would you like to mention any young international star who does something with her music or on stage that Elena can't do because of her age?I personally can't think of any younger international female pop star who is more beautiful, talented and charismatic than her.Might be subjective but still realistic to me!
Just every worldwide singer started carrier when they were young. For example Christina Aguilera and Rihanna, Britney etc became famous when they were teenagers.

Good point but there are examples of singers who became popular much later in their lifes.All I am hoping for is that she will release that freaking upcoming int.album sometime soon...
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:02 am

Derek wrote:
Sarbelita wrote:

Good point but there are examples of singers who became popular much later in their lifes.All I am hoping for is that she will release that freaking upcoming int.album sometime soon...
Christina sang Genie in the bottle when she was 17, Rihanna realese Pon de replay when she was 17 too.
Lara
Lara
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 973

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:04 am

Sarbelita wrote:
Derek wrote:
Sarbelita wrote:

Christina sang Genie in the bottle when she was 17, Rihanna realese Pon de replay when she was 17 too.

So did Elena as Antique back in -99! Wink
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  Siranos Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:21 am

Derek wrote:I dont think my number one is particularly meaningful but it still has more class and attitude than a lot of worldwide hits out there.And no it's not late for her and she is NOT getting old.She will be 40 and still super sexy.Btw Sarbelita would you like to mention any young international star who does something with her music or on stage that Elena can't do because of her age?I personally can't think of any younger international female pop star who is more beautiful, talented and charismatic than her.Might be subjective but still realistic to me!

clap its not subjective at all its objective
Siranos
Siranos
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 535

Back to top Go down

Post  Volkova Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:26 am

Sarbelita wrote:Cathy always isn't ambitious. Every catchy song is silly, something like; llalalala blah blah blah blah

I can't agree with this. If song is catchy it doesn't mean it's meaningless or just lalalala, for me catchy songs are those who are caught in your mind cos of melody that's kinda easy to remember, doesn't have to be trashy or meaningless song.
Volkova
Volkova
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 458
<b>Location</b> Croatia

http://www.last.fm/user/anzhelochka

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:39 am

Derek wrote:
Sarbelita wrote:
Derek wrote:
Sarbelita wrote:

Its not international carier just greek carier
Lara
Lara
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 973

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:15 pm

How old was Fergie when she became famous worldwide?
How old was Gwen Stefani when she became famous as a solo act, with music totally different from her previous?

Nothing is impossible. She is 28.
Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 pm

and if she wants she will make it. Period.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  NatalieNatalie Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:39 pm

If Susan Boil can do it .. Why cant Elena ?! big grin
NatalieNatalie
NatalieNatalie
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo

<b>Posts</b> 258
<b>Location</b> England UK

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1790027181&

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiago Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:43 pm

People might laugh of it, but you have a point!
Tiago
Tiago

<b>Posts</b> 5399

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:56 pm

extreme example but true Very Happy rofl
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Besamiculo Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:49 am

NatalieNatalie wrote:If Susan Boil can do it .. Why cant Elena ?! big grin

Because Susan Boil appeals to 50-year-olds. Helena doesn't
Besamiculo
Besamiculo
This is Tsouvli
This is Tsouvli

<b>Posts</b> 3769
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:39 am

But even 50-years-old listen to her..
Panagiotis
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442
<b>Location</b> Athens,Greece

http://www.zetamakripoulia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akos Kirsch Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:40 am

the point is that she can make it without doubt IF she wants.
Akos Kirsch
Akos Kirsch
Number One

<b>Posts</b> 18497
<b>Location</b> Hungary

Back to top Go down

Post  Giannis Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:08 am

haha the proper question must be "does elena want to have an international carreer?"
we all know she can if she wants to
Giannis
Giannis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1603
<b>Location</b> East Attica, GR

https://www.facebook.com/giannis

Back to top Go down

Post  J Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:31 am

Giannis wrote:haha the proper question must be "does elena want to have an international carreer?"
we all know she can if she wants to

couldn't agree more.
J
J
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 1081
<b>Location</b>

http://paparizouturkey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Panagiotis Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:43 am

I think she is afraid of that "right-timing thing"
Panagiotis
Panagiotis

<b>Posts</b> 10442
<b>Location</b> Athens,Greece

http://www.zetamakripoulia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vyborg Rocket Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Volkova wrote:
Sarbelita wrote:Cathy always isn't ambitious. Every catchy song is silly, something like; llalalala blah blah blah blah

I can't agree with this. If song is catchy it doesn't mean it's meaningless or just lalalala, for me catchy songs are those who are caught in your mind cos of melody that's kinda easy to remember, doesn't have to be trashy or meaningless song.

I agree.

Just think about 99 Luftballons by Nena, it's a catchy song yet a meaningful one.

Catchy and meaningless: GaGa's Poker Face.... "Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun"... thanks for telling me GaGa! lol!
Vyborg Rocket
Vyborg Rocket
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto

<b>Posts</b> 42
<b>Location</b> Italy

http://www.last.fm/user/VyborgRocket

Back to top Go down

Post  nikosbr Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:30 am

Sure!
nikosbr
nikosbr
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto

<b>Posts</b> 22
<b>Location</b> Greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:08 am

Mosca wrote:
Derek wrote:
Sarbelita wrote:
Derek wrote:
Sarbelita wrote:

Its not international carier just greek carier

Back in -99 Antique werent even famous in Greece.They were big in Scandinavia though and they were successful among some European markets with their club hits.
Derek
Derek

<b>Posts</b> 14120

Back to top Go down

Post  altrig2004 Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:02 am

She can, but she has to work hard for it... She has to leave Greece...
altrig2004
altrig2004
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto
Taxidi Gia To Agnosto

<b>Posts</b> 22
<b>Location</b> Athens

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandora Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:49 am

I voted for the middle option - as much as it would be great, I doubt that she will be able to make it big internationally - in Europe I think she definately can if she works hard, but probably not UK/USA/Australia :(
Pandora
Pandora
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 538
<b>Location</b> England

Back to top Go down

Post  Tedy Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:34 am

Voted! cherry
Tedy
Tedy
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

<b>Posts</b> 2847
<b>Location</b> Sofia, Bulgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Lara Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:48 am

Pandora wrote:I voted for the middle option - as much as it would be great, I doubt that she will be able to make it big internationally - in Europe I think she definately can if she works hard, but probably not UK/USA/Australia :(
UK is also Europe lol!
Lara
Lara
Paparicious
Paparicious

<b>Posts</b> 973

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next